TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Not heard about extension- totally freaking - April 21st 2012, 10:23 AM

I applied for mitigating circumstances for my essays. My councillor should have emailed a letter to them to support it.

i then got an email from the extension board saying they would hold a meeting on the 19th April and let me know soon after.

My 2 friends on my course heard that they had been granted there extension on the 19th.

I've still not heard anything.

totally freaking out. Not sure what to do.

Maybe they never got the support- but wouldnt they have contacted me?

Does this mean i ahven't got it and they only let you know if you have. Help!!1

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Out of spoons
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison

Re: Not heard about extension- totally freaking - April 21st 2012, 11:29 AM

Hey Maia,

I don't know how the system works when it comes to mitigating circumstances, but I so have some advice for you.

It is only the 21st of April, so it is likely that they just haven't got through your application yet. However, the following advice should help you to feel less stressed.

I'd recommend that you contact them as soon as possible and ask whether or not they tell you if you haven't been granted an extension. This way, you will know whether or not that's what has happened. If they haven't granted you it, I'd recommend that you return to your counselor and discuss things from there.

If you find out that you should have had confirmation it's time to follow things up further. Again, I'd recommend going to your counselor first as they will probably be able to advice you in what to do for the best. But in the end, I think what needs to be done, is you need to contact them again and find out if they are dealing with it, and if not, what's gone wrong. Did they recieve your application? Did they recieve the letter the counselor gave them? Ect.

Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread