TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sport and Fitness (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f220-sport-fitness/)
-   -   World Cup (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f220-sport-fitness/t46144-world-cup/)

Pelios June 3rd 2010 08:03 PM

World Cup

Is anymore as excited as I am for the World Cup?
I want to see México win against South Africa and France. :D
We just won against the world champ.

.Jess. June 3rd 2010 08:14 PM

Re: World Cup

I'm really excited about the world cup :D I've got those wall charts all over my room to fill in! Our first match is on the 11th. Bring. It. On! :D

JackOffJill June 4th 2010 01:37 AM

OMG yes I am sooooo excited! Although, Im not excited to watch the USA.....Im super excited about watching Germany (I love the striker Podolski)!!! Im excited about watching a lot of the games but seriously Germany is the love of my life haha. I dont know why but Ive always loved the country of Germany and the language (and the guys haha).

Pelios June 4th 2010 01:43 AM

The only bad thing is the time schedules... but other than that I am super excited I want to watch all the games.:dem:

DoesThisLookInfected? June 4th 2010 02:49 AM

I'm just mad that I'm going to be in school for the first couple days of the Cup... But at least I'm not going to miss the US play...

Other than that, time for me to be a hermit once again for a month! XD

Algernon June 4th 2010 03:18 AM

Andrea, my bf is stoked about the cup coming up. One day he wants to go see it at the stadium!

Pelios June 4th 2010 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algernon (Post 400448)
Andrea, my bf is stoked about the cup coming up. One day he wants to go see it at the stadium!

The Azteca stadium?? That one is one of the best in the world its crazy!
Just by thinking of it gets me all excited :hehe:

markus209 June 4th 2010 09:22 PM

I can't wait for it to kick off! Just seen advert with this on...gave me goosebumps:

"He says he knows how good you are, you know how good you are. It’s time to prove how good you are.
Make no mistake. It’s you eleven men. Eleven English men, against the rest of the world...the world that can’t wait to dump you out and rub your noses in it.
But know this. That shirt you’re wearing...your countrymen would give anything to pull it on. Jack knew how to wear it, and win...And so can you.
Who says you can’t conquer all? Who says you can’t be a world beater twice? Remember your history!
It’s gonna take bottle...but if you stand tall, you’ll make them regret the day they took on England.
So be strong...and do it for your country, for the fans...
for Bobby.
Enough talk...time for action. We haven’t come here to be tourists. Men of England...
It’s time to join the immortals."

My heart says this year is Englands year! My head says we'll get knocked out on penos in the quarter finals lol :haha:

Gingerbread Latte June 4th 2010 09:55 PM

Yay!

World cup :dem: I have the sticker album :p

Chelsea. June 5th 2010 12:44 AM

yes bring on the 12th!!!! =]

Lu82 June 5th 2010 01:48 AM

im so excited! but do you really think mexico's selction would do a good job? i want them to win the world cup when is that going to happen? hopefully they do a great job.

Pelios June 5th 2010 02:22 AM

I also want México to win, if you ask me of course I will say we will win South Africa seems easy and Uruguay the one I see as a problem is France I mean they have a good team, but so do we! I think we can make it to the semi finals :p

ThrashAttack June 5th 2010 05:54 PM

lol, America will get fucking thrashed

Lu82 June 7th 2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexico (Post 401066)
I also want México to win, if you ask me of course I will say we will win South Africa seems easy and Uruguay the one I see as a problem is France I mean they have a good team, but so do we! I think we can make it to the semi finals :p

Yeah France would be the toughest of all three, but i dont know about South Africa ther'yre home that could help them a lot.

What do u think of Brazil, you think they'll win it this time?

Shaytun June 7th 2010 01:06 AM

I'm not even a fan of futbol but I'm looking forward to watching them!

Pelios June 7th 2010 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrashAttack (Post 401437)
lol, America will get fucking thrashed

You will kick their butts :dem:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lu82 (Post 402246)
Yeah France would be the toughest of all three, but i dont know about South Africa ther'yre home that could help them a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lu82 (Post 402246)

What do u think of Brazil, you think they'll win it this time?

South Africa may have the advantage of having it in their house but they are not really that good they are ranked at 83. Brazil has a strong team with Kaka and all but my money goes to Spain I think they will win.
Who do you think will win??

esfdhtfy June 10th 2010 07:58 PM

Look at the signature ;)

Forza Italia babyyyy ;)

I have my Italia jersey, shorts, hugeee flags, bracelet, necklace - basically everything out and we're ready to take it home - yet again ;)

Pelios June 10th 2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrina. (Post 403937)
Look at the signature ;)

Forza Italia babyyyy ;)

I have my Italia jersey, shorts, hugeee flags, bracelet, necklace - basically everything out and we're ready to take it home - yet again ;)

Did you see the game México-Italia... :rolleyes:
But yes I am wearing my jersey right now we are going to start the celebration tonight and watch the game 5am tomorrow. :dem:

esfdhtfy June 10th 2010 08:14 PM

Yeah I know about that game. Don't worry about it, though, Italy plays hard when it counts.

I'll be in school for the Mexico game but will definitely be around watching Uruguay vs. France ;)

Lu82 June 11th 2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexico (Post 402413)

South Africa may have the advantage of having it in their house but they are not really that good they are ranked at 83. Brazil has a strong team with Kaka and all but my money goes to Spain I think they will win.
Who do you think will win??

I Think Spain or brazil will win, even though by heart i want Mexico to win everything:bleh:

Aaron, June 11th 2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mexico (Post 403950)

Did you see the game México-Italia... :rolleyes:
But yes I am wearing my jersey right now we are going to start the celebration tonight and watch the game 5am tomorrow. :dem:

Go Paraguay :P

Goatboy June 11th 2010 07:37 PM

I just want to watch those crazy S. Korean fans :)

L'espoir June 11th 2010 07:56 PM

Oh man, I don't understand football or the world cup, the world cup is the only time I wish I actually understood it D:

ThrashAttack June 11th 2010 08:24 PM

Lol first red card of the whole tournament goes to Paraguay

DoesThisLookInfected? June 12th 2010 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrashAttack (Post 404623)
Lol first red card of the whole tournament goes to Paraguay

Uruguay*....

ThrashAttack June 12th 2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Uruguay*....
My mistake :P

Gingerbread Latte June 12th 2010 11:53 AM

COME ON ENGLAND

:D

Goatboy June 12th 2010 08:27 PM

England vs USA one all D:

Gingerbread Latte June 12th 2010 08:29 PM

Lots of matches have been draws so far, wonder what'll happen next.

Pelios June 12th 2010 08:38 PM

I just lost $20 thanks R. Green *)

esfdhtfy June 12th 2010 08:49 PM

Cheap goal by the US

.Brittany. June 13th 2010 06:40 PM

The England USA game made me soo mad D:

Keep Calm and Eat Cake June 13th 2010 06:49 PM

I felt so sorry for Rob Green last night; he's such a babe. :P
It was so frustrating, England had sooo many chances to score. :(
Do the top two teams of each group go through to the quarter finals??
Lets just hope we get back up for the matches against Algeria and Serbia... I don't think they're great teams anyway as I think the US was our main competition in our group? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong!)

Gingerbread Latte June 13th 2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nora-x-x- (Post 405844)
Do the top two teams of each group go through to the quarter finals??

Yeah they do, if I remember rightly from my last world cup :)

esfdhtfy June 13th 2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfy (Post 405846)

Yeah they do, if I remember rightly from my last world cup :)

Yes, top two.

Pelios June 13th 2010 10:14 PM

Germany kicks ass today, I've never seen them play I was cheering for Australia, but they did have control throughout the game.

Aaron, June 13th 2010 11:58 PM

Paraguay - Italy tomorrow. Can't wait.

If only our prized striker wasn't shot in the head by a Mexican right after they saw we can beat Argentina. =/

fresco June 14th 2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackOffJill (Post 400398)
OMG yes I am sooooo excited! Although, Im not excited to watch the USA.....Im super excited about watching Germany (I love the striker Podolski)!!! Im excited about watching a lot of the games but seriously Germany is the love of my life haha. I dont know why but Ive always loved the country of Germany and the language (and the guys haha).

Podolski is so good!! Germany did very well in the game against Australia. The technicality was impressive. I think they could go far in the games. Brazil and Spain are also good, but I am keeping an eye on Holland since they did pretty well at the last World Cup. I don't really have a favorite. I guess I should be supporting my own country... It's fun to cheer for the underdog. :nosweat:

You guys heard about the controversy with the new ball they are using? I don't really know about its specs but goalkeepers are saying it moves in an unpredictable way.

Pelios June 14th 2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fresco (Post 406038)
Podolski is so good!! Germany did very well in the game against Australia. The technicality was impressive. I think they could go far in the games. Brazil and Spain are also good, but I am keeping an eye on Holland since they did pretty well at the last World Cup. I don't really have a favorite. I guess I should be supporting my own country... It's fun to cheer for the underdog. :nosweat:

You guys heard about the controversy with the new ball they are using? I don't really know about its specs but goalkeepers are saying it moves in an unpredictable way.

Yes the new ball thing the goal keepers keeps saying it is like a beach ball, but my opinion is that maybe they are just not used to playing with such ball because if you have noticed almost all the time the ball is stopped and someone kicks it, it goes way up the effect it takes it weird.

Aaron, June 15th 2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallica (Post 405992)
Paraguay - Italy tomorrow. Can't wait.

If only our prized striker wasn't shot in the head by a Mexican right after they saw we can beat Argentina. =/

1-1 tie!
:D

Also, all of group F is tied @ 1 point. this is good for Paraguay :D