TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Travel and Exploring New Sights (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f222-travel-exploring-new-sights/)
-   -   Gardening or spending time in nature (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f222-travel-exploring-new-sights/t162029-gardening-spending-time-nature/)

Silvan August 25th 2021 12:25 PM

Gardening or spending time in nature

I live in a big city and I often feel deprived of contact with nature. I feel a special connection with the woods, sea, plants and animals. Do you also experience such feelings? Do you live close to nature? If not, would you prefer to? In the future I'd like to live in the countryside, have my own veggie garden and an apiary :cheer:

Ennui. August 25th 2021 05:11 PM

Re: Gardening or spending time in nature

Sometimes I go on walking trails. I'd definitely rather spend time in nature because whenever I garden I tend to kill it.

Everglow. August 26th 2021 03:56 PM

I live in a flat on the edges of London so there's not a whole lot of outdoor space for me here. Luckily at my job we have a garden, so every lunch time I go and sit outside, and there's flowers and plants which bring in butterflies and bees, so it feels a little closer to nature there. I'd definitely love outdoor space to plant things, but like Dez I tend to kill things. D: I love being outside and bird watching though, I find it so relaxing.

DeletedAccount81 August 26th 2021 07:39 PM

I would rather not do any planting, like Dez, I'll just end up killing it; either from incorrect care or neglect. :nosweat:

I absolutely hate being in heavily wooded area, away from civilization. I've always considered myself to be closer to a city girl; but that's not to say I don't enjoy looking at sceneries or walking in wide open spaces. :)

Dawn. August 27th 2021 10:03 AM

I live in the suburbs and I'm lucky enough to be able to have my own garden and I can spent time in nature when I go for a walk.

hocus pocus August 28th 2021 06:13 PM

I have feelings similar to what Sue has, as far as a connection with nature and the earth goes. Nothing is better to me than feeling dirt or sand under my toes and I will often go barefoot.

I do live near a beach and do like to walk along there when I can. I hike as well. I am definitely a mountain girl, though. I love secluded, wooded areas away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

I would love to someday have a little green house and am also infatuated with the idea of a butterfly "room" or atrium with tropical plants and the like but I think the closest I could get is probably working in my field instead of owning one.

I garden outside but I also enjoy indoor plants like succulents, other tropicals and bonsai trees.