TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Travel and Exploring New Sights (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f222-travel-exploring-new-sights/)
-   -   11 ways cruise passengers get denied boarding (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f222-travel-exploring-new-sights/t166510-11-ways-cruise-passengers-get-denied-boarding/)

Dude111 August 18th 2026 11:58 AM

Some of these are quite obvious but not all are....

http://consumerrescue.org/cruise-fia...-expert-advice

If your gonna go on a cruise,make sure your on your best behaviour dues http://www.teenhelp.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

~Misguided Ghosts~ August 18th 2026 03:56 PM

Re: 11 ways cruise passengers get denied boarding
 
I didn't realize you need an Enhanced ID/birth certificate to get on a cruise. Or evacuation insurance. I don't really have much interest in going on a cruise.

Dude111 August 18th 2026 10:39 PM

Ya me neither Dez!

WhisperingSilence September 1st 2026 11:12 PM

Re: 11 ways cruise passengers get denied boarding
 
I've been on a cruise before, years ago, all we needed to have was travel insurance, and a valid passport. that was it, when we went off the ship for the days it docked somewhere we had to take our passports with us so they could check us back onto the ship, also we had to take our cabin key card with us to prove we belonged to that ship. And had to be back at a certain time I think we always like made sure we were back two hours before the ship was due to sail to the next destination but I think from what I remember they wanted everyone back an hour before and if you weren't the ship would leave without you .. with all your belongings on board, at least that what my parents said would happen they said the ship doesn't wait for late passengers.

Proud90sKid September 6th 2026 07:03 PM

Re: 11 ways cruise passengers get denied boarding
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Up. (Post 1406569)
I didn't realize you need an Enhanced ID/birth certificate to get on a cruise. Or evacuation insurance. I don't really have much interest in going on a cruise.

It has been a while since I have cruised, but I can tell you that it is a very different experience from a traditional vacation due to all amenities being offered on the ship and predetermined itinerary. The ship can feel quite cozy, but you don't usually get much time at each destination. People are often more open to meeting strangers because they are all on vacation in the same boat. This differs from a land-based vacation where you choose where to go...you eat at local restaurants..people you meet aren't on "vacation mode"..you may have to rent a car and you can decide what you do or how long you stay, but there are no "amenities" unless you stay at some super nice resort. I think everyone should try it at some point. It is a unique experience.

Proud90sKid September 6th 2026 07:08 PM

Re: 11 ways cruise passengers get denied boarding
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhisperingSilence (Post 1406806)
I've been on a cruise before, years ago, all we needed to have was travel insurance, and a valid passport. that was it, when we went off the ship for the days it docked somewhere we had to take our passports with us so they could check us back onto the ship, also we had to take our cabin key card with us to prove we belonged to that ship. And had to be back at a certain time I think we always like made sure we were back two hours before the ship was due to sail to the next destination but I think from what I remember they wanted everyone back an hour before and if you weren't the ship would leave without you .. with all your belongings on board, at least that what my parents said would happen they said the ship doesn't wait for late passengers.

Yes, cruises will absolutely leave you behind unapologetically. Here is a compilation of a bunch of people who found that out the hard way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xuBT8t31mk

Dude111 September 6th 2026 10:31 PM

Thanx for the vid!

Mindfulness. September 29th 2026 03:13 AM

Re: 11 ways cruise passengers get denied boarding
 
This is good to know!


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
All material copyright ©1998-2026, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints | Mobile