Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper
Spikey's Avatar
Name: Molly
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: England

Posts: 219
Join Date: October 8th 2010

Could I get financial support with moving out? - June 23rd 2012, 02:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, bascially, I live in three places.: my Mum's house, my Dad's house and my boyfriend's family's house.

I'm at my Dad's once a month for the weekend, my Mum on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights and my boyfriend's on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

The reason I stay at my boyfriend's house so often is because me and my stepdad don't get along - like really don't get along, so it was agreed between the adults that I'd stay at my boyfriend's house for those days.

But it's so confusing living in all of these places and it can get quite stressful packing for them when the time comes and I know that's I'd be so much better in my own house, but I'm still in full-time education - but I do have a part time job.

My boyfriend is just finishing his education and has a job interview, but this job is part time too, but it's the only one he can really get at the moment.

So, if I was going to move out - it'd be with my boyfriend, I can't handle living on my own (I have negative thoughts) - is there any kind of support I could get to help manage the costs.

I'm considering applying for a disability allowace, but I'm not sure if I'd meet the expectations with my disability. I have Asperges and find busy and loud places difficult to deal with and I hate public transport because it makes me panic. But my Asperges isn't actually on my medical records - would it have to be in order to claim the allowance?

And if I was going to claim a benefit, how would I do it?

Sorry for the long explination and sorry if I sound like I'm trying to rob the government of money, but I really don't want to live in three places anymore, but can't live in one of these places full-time because: it's not a family's house, my dad lives an hour away and when I'm near my step dad, I just get stressed and want to self-harm or have thoughts of suicide.

Well, sorry for anything anyway and thanks for reading.

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
Senior TeenHelper
Spicy_'s Avatar
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Posts: 943
Blog Entries: 3
Join Date: April 27th 2010

Re: Could I get financial support with moving out? - June 27th 2012, 09:47 PM

Hey molly,

I'm pretty sure to claim disability allowance it would need to be on your health records as proof, I'm not to sure what counts and what doesnt but it wouldn't hurt to try. Do you go to a doctor or counselor regularly? They would have a an answer for you as well as steps to take should it qualify for disability allowance.

Or try see if you can get more hours/raise from your job and explain your circumstances and how you live from house to house and you would like to settle down in a single home. Under a financial crisis most employers would offer some kind of support or help.

Good luck!

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
  Send a message via AIM to Spicy_  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper
Chazzz's Avatar
Name: Charlotte
Gender: Female

Posts: 404
Join Date: January 30th 2009

Re: Could I get financial support with moving out? - June 28th 2012, 06:42 PM

Firstly, yes. Your asphergers would have to be offically diagnosed and comfirmed by a doctor. Who will also have to state whether or not he thinks you're fit to work. Honestly it's highly likely that he will deem you to be fit for work which means you wouldn't be able to get a disability allowance. However if you apply for job seekers allowance they will help you find appropriate work and you have a steady, weekly income.

You can also claim for housing benefits. Housing benfits contribute all or some of a tenants rent if they're on a low income. To find out if you're eligable for housing benefit you can use the Benefits Adviser on the Direct Gov website found here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/Do...gory/DG_172666

If you decide you think you're eligable then apply here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/diol1/doitonline/dg_4017614

You will not be able to claim housing benefits until you move out of your parents completely so save up some money with your partner for several months rent, then claim housing benefits.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while
Guile's Avatar
Name: Guile
Gender: Male
Location: United States

Posts: 1,616
Join Date: January 24th 2010

Re: Could I get financial support with moving out? - June 28th 2012, 10:05 PM

Also I would like to point out that being diagnosed with Asbergers can make life more difficult for you, when it comes to certain jobs, especially those in government.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)
Closed Thread


financial, moving, support

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright 1998-2020, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints | Mobile

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.