TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

For the first time. - July 4th 2012, 11:54 AM

I am planning a European Holiday next year after recovering from major jaw surgery and before studying at university. I cannot wait for that.

I am visiting my cousins and uncles and aunts and nieces and nephews, I loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee them and they in love with me LOL.

Anyway, the surgery requires plates and screws and stuff in my face. Those won't come up in airport scanners when they run me through the metal detector, right LOL?

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to be able to travel by myself. I am the only child in my family who hasn't been abroad yet. My sisters went to Afghanistan and Dubai and my brother went with my mother to Europe, pretty much an exact replica of the path I am going to take.

Australia to Germany via Taiwan and then driving to London via Paris from Germany and then finally Sydney from London via some other random place, I forgot where .

My mother had to take my little brother Waled to Europe with her because when she went overseas last time in 2004, a then five year old Waled missed her insanely in the month she was gone and was shaking uncontrollably and shit like that.

My turn LOL.

Is it daunting travelling for the first time?

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: For the first time. - July 4th 2012, 09:40 PM

I don't think it will come up in security but you can always discuss this with whoever is operating the machine and let them know that it could be why it goes off. It doesn't go off on people with braces, so you should be okay.
As for it being daunting, it can be a little scary. But as long as you know what you're doing and where you're going it isn't so bad. Just don't hesitate to ask someone a question if you need to.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: For the first time. - July 7th 2012, 05:26 PM

When I first travelled on my own it was kind of daunting, but that was because I was going from england to japan for a month with no plans other than my flights, but once I got there and got used to the transport it was fine. When I went abroad with family, it was fine because I was with other people. I'm going on my own to canada this year and I'm a little daunted jsut because I don't know how I'm going to sort out travel once I'm there, but I'm fine with planes and stuff.

Closed Thread