TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Question How to get to Japan? - July 8th 2012, 11:21 PM

Long story short, I'm desperate to move to Japan. I love everything about the place - the language, culture, people, lifestyles etc. I've read constant books and watched countless programs on those various aspects - it's what I want to do with my life.

As it stands, I'm trying to get on to this university course. It's a four year course in Spanish & Japanese and involves six months travel to each of those two countries. It's my absolute dream course and I'm going to do everything in my power to get on to it. Thing is, what if I don't?

I still want to find a way to go/move there. Getting a job, earning money and just going on holiday isn't an option as firstly, it's extremely expensive, and secondly, it won't last long. I want to emmigrate (hope that's the right word!) there and never come back.

How can I do it? What options are available to me? The only way I've thought of so far is getting on to that course and moving over there to work. I could get a cheap apartment and pay for it with my wages or something.

Keep in mind I'm a student with next to no money at all.

So yeah, other ways would be very, very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: How to get to Japan? - July 9th 2012, 01:18 AM

I thought the exact same thing about 5 years ago, I laugh at it now, but I won't judge.

The best way would to become a translator, or teach English. There are a good deal of American and Japanese companies that need people fluent in both languages, definitely look at getting some experience or minor in engineering or any sort of high-tech job.

That or join the Marine Corps! We have basses all over their country so we can give a smackdown on the DPRK if they act up.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: How to get to Japan? - July 9th 2012, 01:53 AM

Go over as an English teacher through something like the JET programme. You can't stay on it for more than five years, but that would give you time to see if you actually like the reality of Japan without committing to a permanent move.

Closed Thread