TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

Travelling the US. - July 13th 2012, 01:34 PM

I don't have plans to do this anytime in the next decade or two. I'm thinking of doing this several decades from now, when I'm in my fifties or sixties if I'm still alive and healthy enough.

I want to travel all fifty states, including my home state of Massachusetts. I know that's going to end up costing ridiculous amounts of money. I did the math, if I start saving up with just what I get from the state every month, I'd have close to a quarter million dollars in 30 years.

I'd like to know how much it'd cost to travel the fifty states when you add: sightseeing, attractions, transportation (planes, trains, buses, taxicabs), hotel and room service, and souvenirs.

I know I'd eventually need to come back home if I do get souvenirs and to get more money. I won't be walking around with a quarter million dollars (or more) in my wallet.

I've been dreaming of this for the past month, and I just got my June payment from the State. I'm planning to put that away, beginning the pile of money for this trip I plan to take decades from now. I want to come back to Massachusetts and tell the grandchildren and great nieces and nephews about the different places around the US.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Re: Travelling the US. - July 13th 2012, 02:10 PM

Well, if the average travel trip to 3 European countries over 4 weeks costs about 12000 Euro's, and the Euro is worth 1.2 us dollars then let's say that you were going to spend a week in each state then you would need:

12000 x 1.2 = $21600 for 4 weeks in 3 different countries. That value divided by 4 and 3 separately and then added together = 1 week in 1 country/state = 5400+7200=12600

$12600 x 50 = $630000, though that is assuming that only travelling to the next state costs just as much as staying there and doing everything for a week. So divide that sum by 10 and it comes down to $63000, about what you may be earning in a year lol. But no, of course you said you would be staying in hotels and eating at fancy restaraunts so let's jump that price up double: $126000 which is then 2520.
A week though, in 1 European city like Rome can cost as much as $1000 per person.
So let's say you visit 3 cities and all to do in 10 days instead of 7, add another $400 and my final guess comes to 2920 per week in 1 state visiting 3 cities in nice hotels and seeing museums, going on tours and visiting attractions, travel fairs and restaurants. The final trip will cost $146000.

But that is just my guess and I know nothing lol.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount20

Edit avatar

Re: Travelling the US. - July 20th 2012, 06:21 PM

That's 2012 money, though. I have to figure how much that'd be in about the year 2045.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Travelling the US. - July 23rd 2012, 06:18 PM

You should definitely look into couch surfing --- pretty significant way to save money.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
Closed Thread