TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Impromptu Trip to the US... anything I need reminding of? - October 15th 2014, 08:50 PM

I spent my summer on a working holiday in the USA and met someone there who I connected with very well. We're not exactly in an LDR but we miss each other a lot and after some discussion we've decided that we want me to come back and visit the second week in November. A lot of people will think it's a crazy idea but I have a little money saved up (all I need to pay for is flights as I'll be staying with him) and that week off college, so why not?

Is there anything I need to remember before flying to the US from the EU? Last time I flew I had a summer visa and a friend I was going with did most of the organisation, so I'm worried I might forget something and worst-case-scenario, not be able to fly. I know I have to apply for an ESTA from the American Embassy. Is there anything else?

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: Impromptu Trip to the US... anything I need reminding of? - October 15th 2014, 11:11 PM

I'm not sure about the exact documents needed by a non US citizen to enter into the United States, but you might want to check with someone who has traveled into the US before. I would recommend making copies of your passport, ID, and other important information just in case. You should probably get some American money and maybe notify your credit card company if you plan on using that. I hope you have fun and that your trip goes smoothly!

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Impromptu Trip to the US... anything I need reminding of? - October 17th 2014, 03:42 PM

Thank you, yes I'll make copies of those just in case I have some dollars left from the summer which I'll try and stick to instead of my card. Yayy!!

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: Impromptu Trip to the US... anything I need reminding of? - October 18th 2014, 04:48 PM

I've never been to America, so I won't be able to help at all. I just wanted to say good luck, have fun, and stay away from the Bank of America.

Anyway I don't want to be totally unhelpful so here's a handy link with a diagram telling you what you need to enter the US depending on your country.

Have fun!!!

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

Closed Thread