TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Going to find my own place. - November 3rd 2016, 10:18 AM

I am now going to find my own place, I thought my parents wouldn't have been very happy about it but they are being really supportive. Naturally they don't want me to move too far from them so I am going to try and get a little 2 bedroom flat with a garden so my little girl still has somewhere and my parents won't have to travel too far to visit I think I will get on a lot better if I get my own place. I will be paying my own gas, electric, heating and everything like that. My dad has offered to pay for my internet every month as he knows I would be lost without it, but don't know whether to take him up on his offer. But they seem to be having a real change towards me now that I have said me and my little girl need space and that its time for me to move out. So I am going to try and look for a private flat or house if possible. Least then I can just pay the rent straight to the landlord rather than council, I don't trust the council these days.

I'm a bit gutted that its time to look for my own place as mine and my little girl's bedrooms have already been decorated here but my dad said he is willing to decorate my new place when I get it.

Should I take him up on the offer to decorate and pay my internet? I would be lost without it, I mean I havbe my mobile, but its just not the same.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Going to find my own place. - November 3rd 2016, 07:55 PM

Hey Michaela,

Congratulations on making such a big decision to move out, it sounds really exciting. I think it's good to have independence, and it will be good for you and your daughter to have your own space. Staying local is a nice idea, I'm sure your parents would be unhappy with you being away from them, and it's good to have the support of your family if you ever need them. I think it's okay to accept some help, just because you're moved out doesn't mean your parents can't help you out a little financially as it is a big adjustment to make, and it will probably mean budgeting for things you never thought you needed to. Maybe you could take him up on his offer to pay for your internet initially, and if you feel you can manage that cost then ask him to stop paying it at a later stage. I think it's lovely your dad wants to decorate for you, it will save you massive costs of getting someone else to do it for you. Maybe you could offer to buy the materials and your dad just gives his time? It's okay to accept help.

I hope you enjoy your own home.
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: Going to find my own place. - November 8th 2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpaigiexx View Post
Hey Michaela,

Congratulations on making such a big decision to move out, it sounds really exciting. I think it's good to have independence, and it will be good for you and your daughter to have your own space. Staying local is a nice idea, I'm sure your parents would be unhappy with you being away from them, and it's good to have the support of your family if you ever need them. I think it's okay to accept some help, just because you're moved out doesn't mean your parents can't help you out a little financially as it is a big adjustment to make, and it will probably mean budgeting for things you never thought you needed to. Maybe you could take him up on his offer to pay for your internet initially, and if you feel you can manage that cost then ask him to stop paying it at a later stage. I think it's lovely your dad wants to decorate for you, it will save you massive costs of getting someone else to do it for you. Maybe you could offer to buy the materials and your dad just gives his time? It's okay to accept help.

I hope you enjoy your own home.
Paige
Thank you, I am really looking forward to it Finally me and my little girl will have our own little space. My mum is trying to force me to stay at home because she apparently needs my money and for me to do the housework. She always told me I would be better off living with them because I would be able to afford things for me and my little girl, like little treats and stuff but the amount of money she takes off me I may as well have my own place.

I have taken up the offer of my dad decorating, I told him I will pay for all the materials and that I will treat him to something after its all finished. I also took his offer up for the internet since its the only way I can get it for now. I told him as soon as I can afford it myself then I will start paying it.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
Closed Thread