TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wonder Woman Offline
Ba la la la la la la

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Coraline Jones

Where should I go? - February 4th 2018, 08:07 PM

So a friend and I are planning a vaca either this summer or spring break and we're looking into places to go. Any ideas or suggestions? It has to be in the US and on the East coast.

If I could have any superpower right now,
it would be to be able to go through that screen and give you a big hug."

Community Mentor / Forum Moderator / Hugger Extraordinaire

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Where should I go? - February 4th 2018, 09:42 PM

What types of things are the two of you interested in doing on the vacation? Would you want to visit a beach, go to an amusement park or just find neat places to shop etc?

The places that I'd want to visit are New York, New Hampshire, Boston and Connecticut. Depending on what you'd like to do though there might be better areas to vacation. I would also like to visit Florida because Walt Disney World is located there but I think that's quite expensive so I'll likely have to wait a while to do that!

Here are some articles that might help you all determine what you'd like to do or where to visit:

http://www.countryliving.com/life/tr...ast-road-trip/
http://vacationidea.com/east-coast.html
http://www.thetravelwomen.com/blog/2...st-of-the-usa/

If you can narrow down what activities you'd like to do you would probably be able to narrow down the best places to visit.

I hope that this helped a bit. I really want to visit the east coast but don't have the funds so haven't been able to look into it much. I do know that New York has The Strand Bookstore and at some point I want to visit the store because I have heard pretty awesome things! Other than that I have no idea what I'd want to do if I visited some of the places I want.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Wonder Woman Offline
Ba la la la la la la

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Coraline Jones

Re: Where should I go? - February 5th 2018, 04:48 PM

We've decided to take a couple Pittsburgh day trips and visit the museums and zoo and stuff.

We've narrowed it down to that or Niagara Falls.

If I could have any superpower right now,
it would be to be able to go through that screen and give you a big hug."

Community Mentor / Forum Moderator / Hugger Extraordinaire

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Where should I go? - February 5th 2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Button Eyes View Post
We've decided to take a couple Pittsburgh day trips and visit the museums and zoo and stuff.

We've narrowed it down to that or Niagara Falls.
Both sound amazing although I would probably go to Niagara Falls since it's one of the places I have always wanted to visit!

I hope you two are able to have fun though! My hope is to be able to take a trip sometime in the next few years.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ayurnamat. Offline
✞Faith can move mountains✞

Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi

Re: Where should I go? - February 5th 2018, 08:16 PM

Niagara Falls is really pretty! I've been many times to the Canadian side and a few times to the US side. I was actually just at both sides in the summer.

I found that the Canadian side has a far better view of all three falls than the US side (it's hard to see all of them even if you pay to enter the Cave of the Winds or from the various observation decks). On the Canadian side, there is a tower called the Skylon Tower that offers a revolving restaurant and a broader view of the falls. The US side lets you get closer to the falls. You can take the boat ride and walk along a pathway. The night light shows are amazing and if you are able to go back and look at night, it is worth it! If you go in the summer, there are fireworks that go off at 10 pm.

Depending on your budget, taking a helicopter ride is worth it and offers amazing views providing you're not afraid of heights. Honestly, if it's possible I would do both sides! You can walk (or drive) across the Rainbow bridge and cross the border. When we go to visit, we stay at the Marriott Fallsview Hotel or the Hilton Niagara Falls and both offer amazing views of the Falls from your room.

Hope you have fun with whatever you choose!

Closed Thread