Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Elizabeth Offline
Just keep swimming!
I've been here a while
Elizabeth's Avatar
Name: Elizabeth
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 1,269
Blog Entries: 8
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Post Passport Information - January 27th 2010, 09:31 PM

This thread contains information regarding obtaining or renewing a passport. If you have information to add or find incorrect information please PM a Project Advisor and it will be added/corrected.

If you are under the age of 16 in the United States

Who needs to come?
  • You
  • Both parents or guardians
What to bring:
  • SSN (social security number)
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship
  • Evidence of Relationship to your parents or guardians
  • Parent’s or Guardian’s ID
  • Copy of Parent’s or Guardian’s ID
  • Two Photos
  • Money for the fee
If you are 16 or 17 in the United States

Who needs to come?
  • You
What to bring:
  • ID
  • Copy of the ID that you will be bringing.
  • Written parent consent if your parents did not come.
  • SSN
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship
  • Money for the fee
  • Two photos
What if I am sixteen or seventeen and don’t have ID?
  • Have a parent or guardian present photo identification.
When do I have to apply in person?
  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport.
  • You are under age 16.
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16.
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged.
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
  • Your name has changed since your U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change.
What is Proof of U.S. Citizenship?
  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Certification of Birth Abroad
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship
What is Evidence of Relationship?
  • Minor's certified U.S. birth certificate with both parents' names.
  • Minor's certified Foreign Birth Certificate with both parents' names.
  • Minor's Report of Birth Abroad with both parents' names.
  • Adoption Decree with adopting parents' names.
  • Court Order establishing custody.
  • Court Order establishing guardianship.
What is acceptable ID for my parents or guardians?
  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport.
  • Naturalization Certificate.
  • Valid Driver's License.
  • Current Military ID (military and dependents).
  • Current Government Employee ID (city, state or federal).
How do I copy my parent’s or guardian’s ID?
  • Plain, white paper that is 8 by 11”.
  • It needs to show front and back.
  • If front and back can’t be shown on one paper, two separate papers must be given.
  • You can’t decrease the size of the ID, but you may increase it
  • The paper may not have any other markings on it.
What if one only one parent can come?
  • You must submit the other parent’s Statement of Consent form. This form can be found at your local Acceptance Agency or Passport Agency. It can also be found here.
What if only a single parent or guardian has custody?

You need to bring a:
  • Minor's certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate listing only the applying parent.
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) listing only the applying parent.
  • Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child's travel is restricted by that order).
  • Adoption decree (if applying parents is sole adopting parent).
  • Court order specifically permitting applying parent's or guardian's travel with the child.
  • Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent.
  • Death certificate of non-applying parent.
  • If you don’t have any of these documents, you need to fill out this form.
What is an acceptable photograph?

Your Photographs Must Be:
  • Identical.
  • In color.
  • 2 x 2 inches in size.
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance.
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
  • Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
  • Taken in normal street attire.
  • Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
  • Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
  • If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
  • Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required).
  • Vending machine photos aren’t allowed.
How much is the fee?
  • The most up to date information about cost can be found here.
What if any of my documents aren’t in English?
  • Any documents that aren’t in English need a written translation, either formal or informal.
What if I changed my name?
  • Evidence of a legal name change must be submitted.

Last edited by Rob; July 24th 2011 at 12:09 PM.
Closed Thread


information, passort, passport

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All material copyright 1998-2020, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints | Mobile

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.