TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Penguin Queen Offline
Penguin queen!!
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Annie

nervous/excited about going away - February 13th 2010, 10:08 PM

I'm going away for the weekend in just over a month, on a residential to plan this campaign. I'm actually really looking forward to it, I love time away from home and spending time in different places with different people. But at the same time, I'm pooping myself! Theres going to be 30 people I have never met there, and no one that I do know, I like meeting new people but I'm not the most liked person in the world, I'm scared they won't get on with me. Also, they are providing the food, and I'm the worlds fussiest eater. I told them that I was vegetarian, but a lot of veg foods have stuff I don't like in and stuff. Any advice? I don't mind just taking some snacks and that to keep me going but if I sit there not eating at all the meal times I'll feel really bad. I've had the same problem on every residential I have ever been on.

fait
h is a bluebird that you see from afar
it is real and as sure as the first evening star
can't touch it, or buy it, or lock it up tight
but its there just the same
making things turn out right

LE PE
NGUIN QUEEN

Last edited by Gaia; February 17th 2010 at 08:34 AM. Reason: moved to travel and moving.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: nervous/excited about going away - February 14th 2010, 01:01 PM

Hey Annie,

A residential sounds like loads of fun! You know, it's really normal to be nervous about going away from home for a while. Lots of people feel the same way as you, myself included!

When you are there I bet there will be other people in the same boat as you not knowing anyone and you will all be feeling the same way. I don't see any reason for people not to like you; just be friendly and smile at people and join in with activities etc. Try and ask people questions about themselves and that will get the conversations going

About the food thing, if you are really that worried about it is there anyone who you can ask about what food will be there? You could always take sandwiches and other foods that you like and eat them instead of things that are provided for you. There's no need to feel bad for not liking certain foods, everyone has dislikes and there are a lot of fussy eaters in the world

I hope this helps,
Jen

PM // VM

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: nervous/excited about going away - February 16th 2010, 01:45 PM

Hey =]

I am with Jen! There are going to be a lot of new people there, but remember they are JUST like you! They don't know anyone either. It's a great way to make and meet some new friends. Just be sure to smile and be yourself. Also, I suggest that if you are more shy, at least try to chime in every now and then so you can feel more comfortable around everyone!

About the food, I am sure there will be at least a few things you can eat at each meal. Maybe a salad, or potatoes or something very standard. They won't be handing out cow brain or rabbits! I'd also bring along some snacks though, and maybe bread and peanut butter just in case. You can eat it in your room or something.

Hope you have fun!!!
-Amy

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: nervous/excited about going away - February 16th 2010, 11:37 PM

Not much advice to offer, i just wanted to say i hope you have a good time.

Closed Thread