TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Moving Whether you're going somewhere new for a few days or packing up your bags to relocate permanently, gain insight on various parts of the world from other users who have been there before!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fantasy Offline
Writer
Not a n00b

Name: Christy

Possibly Moving Again... - November 20th 2010, 04:46 AM

A few years ago I moved to the town I am in now. Now I am possibly (90% likely) moving back. I will actually be going to move into a RV of some sort, which will probably but put out at my great grandparents.

I'm sad because I FINALLY have friends where I live now. It took me two years to make real friends. I'll be moving back (over 150 miles away). I will be going to a new church, having to try to make new friends. Making friends is hard for me because I am shy and quiet. But, the light in this is I will be closer to my best friend ever.

Another good thing is that I will be closer to the city. Where I live now is a small town. I'll be able to get a job, go to malls. etc.

Never Give Up On Your Dreams No Matter How Hard Or Big They May Seem..... Someday you will reach them...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Possibly Moving Again... - November 20th 2010, 03:38 PM

Well I'm glad that you are seeing the positive side of all this. I'm sure your best friend ever will be very happy to have you back. Sometimes change such as this is a good thing, and it can open new doors for you, such as your examples of being near the city and have job opportunities. Making new friends is good practice to really come out of your shell and open up to people. If you were able to make friends where you are now, then I am sure that you will be able to do it again in the town you used to live in. Just stay positive and good luck!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Need help? I'll be there! <3
Average Joe

Name: Jennifer

Re: Possibly Moving Again... - November 21st 2010, 02:51 AM

Hey, it isn't that bad. I moved 15 times, and just recently moved my last time this month. xD I've never had friends until now, and it's great. At first is was really bad cause I had to start a new school and everything, but it's new experiences and new people that make it better. I mean, you can complain about it, but it won't stop it from happening. I realize it sucks...but.. your attitude is what makes it worse. Being more optimistic about it is better. 150 miles is only a hour drive really. Depending on conditions.

I'm here to help, and more.
If you need a hug, I got one.
If you need to rant, I listen.
If you need to cry, my shoulder is open.
If you just need a friend, I am there.
<3

If you can't reach me here, feel free to e-mail me or message me on yahoo. ^_^
  Send a message via AIM to CrimsonTippedPetals Send a message via Yahoo to CrimsonTippedPetals Send a message via Skype™ to CrimsonTippedPetals 
Closed Thread