TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Haloween - June 25th 2017, 11:20 AM

This thread has been labeled as containing spoilers. The contents of this thread might therefore describe important elements of a storyline that could ruin it for you. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So it has been confirmed that the first main series sequel in 16 years is to be released next year (which does also happen to mark 40 years since the first movie!)

I like that they are continuing where they left off and remember that at the end of Ressurection, Micheal opened his eyes. Shame that Jamie lee curtis was done with the series as her character (Laurie Strode) was killed off, so one thing i hope for is a character(s) we can care about and not just a bunch of people in line for killing.

They also said they would focus a lot more on his spooky aura over his immortality

Anyone else happy to hear about this or just wanted it to be left as it was

Last edited by Hypothesis.; July 17th 2017 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Adding spoiler prefix.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Haloween - July 1st 2017, 09:29 PM

I never saw the movie--horror movies freak me out, though it did when I was younger, not too sure about now--but I think way too many old series/films are being resurrected. I don't know if Halloween is considered a classic, but there are/were other classic shows and movies that never should have been brought back with the writers (old or new) revising the lives of the characters that we left behind so many years ago.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Haloween - July 2nd 2017, 12:48 AM

I am excited for this and can't wait to see it. I have heard conflicting things about it though. In one article the producer or someone was saying they were basically going to act like only the first two happened and ignore the rest. Essentially the article was saying that the person involved has said that the whole immortality things ruined it etc.

I have heard other things recently that have indicated the first article was not accurate. So, I honestly have no idea what it's going to be about but I am still excited.

I watch the Halloween movies (Except for 3 because I hated that one) every October...at least once sometimes more...I do think the series fell apart later on. I loved the first two...liked the first one with Jamie but hated how they ended the fourth one and...essentially ended Jaime's time in the films.

I did like the one with Paul Rudd (I think) but I think there were issues with it and it kind of ruined certain things that have led to the Halloween movies being my favorite horror films.

I did not like how they brought back Laurie in H20 though. They didn't explain why she left Jaime or how she reasoned that and I honestly don't think any parent would leave their child behind especially when they were terrified of someone coming back for them because the premise was he went after anyone he was related too.

So, all in all, I would be okay if they ignored the movies and this movie was kind of a continuation of 1 and 2 but I would also be interested in seeing how they continue it if they include all the movies including resurrection. I hated that one the most too.

Lastly, I actually really liked the Rob Zombie remake but I didn't like the second Rob Zombie Halloween movie because I was just super confused and felt it was unnecessary.

I hope that this new movie is done better than some of the later halloween movies.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Haloween - July 7th 2017, 03:49 PM

Haloween 1 and 2 have always gone together just like that. The original movie continuing from where it left of - it tells one story. I'm sure this is why Zombie felt the need to do both.

so movies 4-6 are a trilogy and like you said introduced/explained how Micheal is immortal.

Then h20 and ressurection are a seperate thing from the last three films. As for immortality ruining it, I can agree there when they came up with some story to explain Laurie actually chopped off an innocent mans head (Micheal had them swap clothes)

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: Haloween - July 7th 2017, 04:04 PM

The original Halloween is my all time favorite. I have dressed up as Michael Myers for years. It's such an easy and great costume, everyone knows it and is scared of it. It's awesome. I know the entire original movie by heart. I have seen up through movie 6. I never watched the more recent films as each film successively got worse and worse. Number 3 is a completely different beast.

I'll stick with my original movie. Be careful... the boogie man is coming.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Haloween - July 7th 2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmatters View Post
Haloween 1 and 2 have always gone together just like that. The original movie continuing from where it left of - it tells one story. I'm sure this is why Zombie felt the need to do both.

so movies 4-6 are a trilogy and like you said introduced/explained how Micheal is immortal.

Then h20 and ressurection are a seperate thing from the last three films. As for immortality ruining it, I can agree there when they came up with some story to explain Laurie actually chopped off an innocent mans head (Micheal had them swap clothes)
I liked the Rob Zombie movie because it gave so much background on Michael. In the originals all they really talked about him killing his sister and then left it at that. I loved Zombie's thoughts about him being a complete psychopath. I know a lot of critics said it was too violent but it's Rob Zombie and his movies are strange and violent. I think that the second Zombie movie had potential but he completely screwed it up when he ended it the way he did and introduced Sheri Moon Zombie's character. So, when I watch the Halloween movies in October I almost always skip watching Zombie's Halloween 2 remake and I also skip watching Halloween 3.

I am still excited for the new movie coming out. It might end up being terrible but it could end up being really good and leading to a few more movies which would be awesome.

Also, I never pieced together that 4-6 was a trilogy but I should have due to all the characters that are in it. That movie was kind of Blah but I still enjoy watching it. After that the movies kind of fell apart thought but mostly due to inconsistencies. I think I mentioned those in my previous post.

I wish Jaime Lee Curtis could come back to the franchise as well but I am sure she got tired of being in the movies and wanted a way out.

Also, the reason the immortality ruined it was because what made the films so creepy was that in the first 2 Myers was just a psychopath who went on a killing spree. He was a more realistic bad guy...someone who could, potentially, exist. He wasn't like Freddie Kruger or Jason Vorhees. But, the minute they added his immortality into it the premise that initially intrigued me about the movie (it being possible for some random person to go on a killing spree) was ruined.

I will admit that the first two movies that feature Jaime are my favorite but I wish they would have handle the last movie (Halloween 5) differently.

However, all horror films that get more than 2 movies tend to end up getting worse and worse.

Sorry, I am rambling but no one in my life enjoys scary movies like I do.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Haloween - July 16th 2017, 12:02 PM

so this is what i think the next halloween movie should be

it should have a title like halloween resolve or conclusion or even endgame

it will be about Lauries son (who survived in h20) and Micheal will find him and he will manage to kill him.

now that all of Micheals relatives are dead, his curse is removed and he is no longer immortal. someone will be able to kill him for real.

it would be quite ideal to have the final movie 40 years since it started

they could use this same concept though and have it play out across 2 or 3 movies, as we really wouldn't want it to be over too soon

(#8 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Haloween - July 17th 2017, 04:35 AM

That would be an interesting concept but from the synopsis of the next movie it looks as if they are going an entirely different route. It seems like they are going to make it out that Michael has family still alive in Haddonfield; another Strode. Which is a really interesting way to go about it since the Strodes really were not related to Michael except for the fact that they took in Laurie when she was a baby.

Quote:
Following the events of Halloween Resurrection, Emma and her friends take a road trip to Haddonfield to meet her Great Grandmother Pamela Strode. Michael returns to put the Myers and Strode family names to rest.
That's what the synopsis in IMDB is but earlier articles from February of this year seemed to state that the movie would basically take place after the first two movies or something like that? So, I am confused if this is a legit synopsis.

Closed Thread