TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Stranger things 2 - November 20th 2017, 04:12 AM

This thread has been labeled as containing spoilers. The contents of this thread might therefore describe important elements of a storyline that could ruin it for you. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Has anyone seen this? What did you think of this season?

I actually really enjoyed it and loved some of the new characters who were introduced.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Stranger things 2 - November 22nd 2017, 01:58 AM

I watched season 1 and 2 in the span of a week, lol!
I was super scared at first because of the hospital settings and somw of the torture/violence scenes but I loved it and now I'm wishing I spread it out more because season 3 hasn't come yet.
I love the part when Eleven and Kali meet but I also love that she returned to Hawkins.
And I like the side of Steve that came out in season 2 as a babysitter.
Also the way Mad Max warmed up to Lucas was nice.

What I didn't quite understand is the last episode that has the middle school dance but Nancy Wheeler is in high school, right? Because I can't imagine Jonathan or Steve as middle schoolers. But why was she in the party dancing with Dustin? It seemed a bit tacky and didn't quite flow. Unless she was just watching her brother and her brother's friends.
Also I was starting to really like Super Bob Newby and his death scene was horrific and devastating

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Stranger things 2 - November 22nd 2017, 04:15 AM

She was likely a chaperone. I don't know that it's common for high school students to chaperone dances any longer but back in the 80's it wasn't entirely unheard of.

The only reason she ended up dancing with Dustin was because she could tell he was upset because none of the girls would dance with him and they weren't being all that nice.

I really liked when Kali and El met. I am hoping/guessing that Kali will probably play some type of role in the next season. I would definitely like to see more of her.

I also kind of like how they had Steve grow as a character. In the first season he seemed like he was just going to be the annoying boyfriend to Nancy. However, they actually kind of made him grow and change a bit and it was nice to see since I wasn't 100% certain where his story arc was going to lead too. I also loved how he, basically, became the babysitter/protector for the younger kids.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Stranger things 2 - November 22nd 2017, 12:22 PM

I love how Steve's character had grown too!
In the first episode of season 2, Kali was not known yet but she was shown in the car and had blood running down her nose to show she had psychic power similar to Eleven. And then later on they show snippets of her as a child and such.
I'm wondering in that scene of trick or treating when will had the video camera and then fell backwards and a bunch of older kids were getting in his face and tormenting him, if those were Kali and her group? Or were they just teenagers wearing masks for Halloween? Kali has a past in Hawkins so she might be drawn to returning at some point. Or Eleven might go back to her.
Im sad that the aunt called the cps/cops about Eleven towards the end of the scene with her. She knew it wasn't safe. But she mentioned Joyce and Jim had found a different girl or something? I'm not sure but I don't get why after she understood Eleven's story better that she betrayed her. Eleven was excited to tell aunt Becky that she found out where the girl in the photograph was (Kali) and by then Becky was already on the phone ratting her out
I knew Nancy went over to Mike because the girls his age were kind of singling him out and he was feeling isolated. But I guess j was just wondering why she was there in the first place lol. Thank you for clarifying. I guess in the 80s it was normal even though in 2017, high school students need chaperones themselves when it comes to school events xD

Also did "papa" die?
It is hard to tell I'd he somehow ran away or if he had actually died. So many scientists died at Hawkins Lab.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Stranger things 2 - November 22nd 2017, 10:06 PM

I think the kids were just random kids from Hawkins.

I think that Becky only called Hopper. I don't think she was, necessarily, trying to betray Eleven, I think she just wanted to check in with Hopper since he and Joyce visited the year before and had been asking questions. It's likely she wanted their help with Eleven.

I am interested to see what happens in the next season. I am wondering if it will skip forward a year like this season did.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Stranger things 2 - November 28th 2017, 08:21 AM

Ohh I was wondering about that

Do you know if there definately is another season in the future, or is it more like what would they do if they were to continue it?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
MorbidDaisies Offline
< < > >
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: Stranger things 2 - November 28th 2017, 11:46 AM

They've definitely said they're renewing for two more seasons. Yay!

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline

I've been here a while

Re: Stranger things 2 - November 28th 2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmatters View Post
Ohh I was wondering about that

Do you know if there definately is another season in the future, or is it more like what would they do if they were to continue it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
They've definitely said they're renewing for two more seasons. Yay!
They definitely will have a season 3 and most likely a season 4 and 5 but after that it becomes less likely I think. It probably wont go past 7 seasons from what I'm understanding.

Also it looks like there will be a time jump for about a year. I recall reading an article a few days ago from the director or one of those folks in charge and he basically said the kids are getting older and he needs to account for that and season 3 probably wont be ready till October 2018, so he is thinking of making it a 1 year time jump again.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Stranger things 2 - November 28th 2017, 06:31 PM

I figured there would probably be a time jump and I thought it might be because they are working with kids who are growing and changing.

Also, as for how many seasons, the creators have said that they think four and five seasons would be best. They basically said that a show that runs longer has a harder time of staying good (which is true) and so they want to keep the show and their vision good without disappointing fans. Four or five seasons, if done right should be enough to wrap it all up nicely so fans aren't disappointed.

That being said, they say that now but in the next few years they might change their mind. I hope they don't because I dislike most shows that go on and on and don't really wrap up.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Stranger things 2 - December 2nd 2017, 03:55 PM

that ones a good point and does make it better when they do that since most people who are 17 cant still play a 12 year old after 5 years. definately sensible for the characters to age with their actors

Closed Thread