TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Fantastic beasts - December 29th 2017, 09:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as containing spoilers. The contents of this thread might therefore describe important elements of a storyline that could ruin it for you. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I finally watched Fantastic Beasts (and where to find them) last night and I loved it. I love the lead character and his main plot for going to America from England (although he accidently ends up being a part of something much more sinister)
it's been like a whole year since the film (i'm a slow one) so i don't think anyone here hasn't seen it
by the end, they seemed to have resolved everything, so it wasn't set up that well for the sequel. Not really sure what they will do for the next one.
I liked how the guy at the end was like i don't remember but you're familiar anyway

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; January 4th 2018 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Adding a Spoiler.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Fantastic beasts - December 29th 2017, 09:58 PM

I want to re-watch this movie because I was really anxious when we went to see it and was unable to enjoy it. I still really enjoyed the creatures and I was gifted a really nice Niffler statue. It is part of a collection that I have had my eyes on for a few years and am hoping to acquire them all at some point!

Anyway, in regards to the sequel, I believe that the next movie will focus a bit more on Grindelwald (Johnny Depps character). I know the title of that particular movie is something like "The crimes of Grindelwald". I am interested to see it because that particular character was only vaguely mentioned in the books and I am curious to see him and dumbledore's relationship play out in the movies (they have also casted someone to play Dumbledore).

I don't know if the next movie will have the characters from the first. I am thinking they will be there to some extent. I also know that, as of now, there will be a total of 5 movies so the writers/producers/directors etc have a lot to work with.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Fantastic beasts - December 30th 2017, 01:20 PM

I need to rewatch it. I saw it when it first came out but now can't remember the plot much. I did love all the different creatures and I remember being almost in tears at the ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post

Anyway, in regards to the sequel, I believe that the next movie will focus a bit more on Grindelwald (Johnny Depps character). I know the title of that particular movie is something like "The crimes of Grindelwald". I am interested to see it because that particular character was only vaguely mentioned in the books and I am curious to see him and dumbledore's relationship play out in the movies (they have also casted someone to play Dumbledore).

Definitely looking forward to see more of Grindelwald's character, especially his relationship with Dumbledore!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Fantastic beasts - December 30th 2017, 08:50 PM

not sure what Dumbledore is meant to be as a wizard ie an ancient Gandalf like wizard or is he more realistic aged like 90 (20 at the time) that would be amazing to see him as a much younger person
I'm not sure if he was always the principal of Hogwarts, but Newt does tease the school in this movie when someone asks if there's a good magic school in new york and Newt responds "I think the best wizarding school in the world is probably Hogwarts"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Fantastic beasts - December 30th 2017, 09:11 PM

I do think that in the movie Dumbledore is going to be a lot younger. I'm not sure exactly how old though but I think it will be great to see.

I think they cast Jude Law as Dumbledore and I'm not certain how I feel. Idk that I see him as Dumbledore but he's an okay actor so I will have to wait and see.

I am excited to see more of grindelwald.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread