TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Incredibles 2 - June 18th 2018, 02:20 AM

So I was wondering if any of you have seen the movie. I have read a lot of warning about there being flashing lights like strobe lights and how it can effect you if you have sezuires, Migranes, or Sensory disorders.

I really want to see the movie but I do have problems with flashing lights and stuff so I would love to know from the people who have seen the movie on how bad the flashing lights seem. Even if you don't have problems with them do you think I should wait and see it at home?

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Incredibles 2 - June 18th 2018, 03:40 AM

While I haven't seen the movie myself, I do want to suggest that you call your local movie theater and see if they have sensory friendly days? I shared the post about the flashing lights on my Facebook page and someone commented saying that some of the popular movie theaters may do friendly days, where they do things like not dimming the lights all the way.

I also heard people saying with other movies, they've waited for it to come out on DVD where they could watch it with the lights on. If you do this option you can also watch it with a friend just so they can keep an eye on you, if that makes sense.

I'm sure others will come along with suggestions as well but I just wanted to let you know about the possibility of sensory friendly movie days. I know not all theaters do it, but it's totally worth seeing if your theater does so you can still see it on the big screen.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Incredibles 2 - June 18th 2018, 05:41 AM

I saw the movie and while it didn't bother me, there was flashing lights. The total amount of time was around 8ish minutes total but spread out throughout various scenes. However, there was one scene with strobe lights that lasted around a minute and a half (this was around the half way point of the movie) and then other 4 scenes that ranged between maybe around half a minute to a minute max... *I'm not 100% sure on the length because I didn't count but rather it's an approximatation. The strobes were fast-ish and if I had to make a guess, I would say there was maybe 3 or 4 "flashes" per minute (but don't quote me on that)

I don't know if theatres around you offer it, but Cineplex in Canada has Sensory Friendly Screenings for people with autism. During these screenings, the lights are on but the volume is down. I've taken the individuals that I do respite for to these screenings and they're really well done and the staff are extremely understanding. There is a "calm area" where people who need to take a break can and we were able to bring in outside food as well. I know that in Canada, the Incredibles 2 plays on June 30th @ 10:30 am (before they open, so there is less crowds) and there are other movie offers as well.

I would try to contact the movie theatre company (or companies) that are close to see if they have any options.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Incredibles 2 - June 18th 2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholia. View Post
While I haven't seen the movie myself, I do want to suggest that you call your local movie theater and see if they have sensory friendly days? I shared the post about the flashing lights on my Facebook page and someone commented saying that some of the popular movie theaters may do friendly days, where they do things like not dimming the lights all the way.

I also heard people saying with other movies, they've waited for it to come out on DVD where they could watch it with the lights on. If you do this option you can also watch it with a friend just so they can keep an eye on you, if that makes sense.

I'm sure others will come along with suggestions as well but I just wanted to let you know about the possibility of sensory friendly movie days. I know not all theaters do it, but it's totally worth seeing if your theater does so you can still see it on the big screen.
Thank you Dez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine. View Post
I saw the movie and while it didn't bother me, there was flashing lights. The total amount of time was around 8ish minutes total but spread out throughout various scenes. However, there was one scene with strobe lights that lasted around a minute and a half (this was around the half way point of the movie) and then other 4 scenes that ranged between maybe around half a minute to a minute max... *I'm not 100% sure on the length because I didn't count but rather it's an approximatation. The strobes were fast-ish and if I had to make a guess, I would say there was maybe 3 or 4 "flashes" per minute (but don't quote me on that)

I don't know if theatres around you offer it, but Cineplex in Canada has Sensory Friendly Screenings for people with autism. During these screenings, the lights are on but the volume is down. I've taken the individuals that I do respite for to these screenings and they're really well done and the staff are extremely understanding. There is a "calm area" where people who need to take a break can and we were able to bring in outside food as well. I know that in Canada, the Incredibles 2 plays on June 30th @ 10:30 am (before they open, so there is less crowds) and there are other movie offers as well.

I would try to contact the movie theatre company (or companies) that are close to see if they have any options.
Thank you Lexie. I will ask them about that, because even though I don't have seizures or autism the lights like that screw with me so I am actually going to research this right now. I hope it's not more expensive though since tickets are already pricey.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Incredibles 2 - June 18th 2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aca-awkward View Post

Thank you Lexie. I will ask them about that, because even though I don't have seizures or autism the lights like that screw with me so I am actually going to research this right now. I hope it's not more expensive though since tickets are already pricey.

I hope one of the theatres near you offer it! I know that not all the Cineplex's do, because for example, only 3 of the theatres in my province offer it.

I totally meant to mention the cost but it must of slipped my mind, whoops. I'm not sure how it works at your theatres, but at Cineplex (in Canada), the ticket price is the same cost as a child's admission (for any guest, of any age!). I wish you luck! It really is an amazing movie.

Closed Thread