TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tomb Offline
Junior TeenHelper

UFC Fake? Ultimate Fighting Champs... - December 6th 2009, 02:23 PM

I think the UFC's The Ultimate Fighter season finale was rigged.

Well atleast the one we saw with Kimbo Slice when he fights Houston Alexander.

All Houston did was run around kimbo for like 3-4 minutes and did some sissy kicks from time to time. And it seems like Houston did everything he could to lure in Kimbo and not do anything except for throwing the weakest punches. that doesnt even connect.

For those who do not know kimbo, Kimbo is a huge african american who became a internet celebrity because he or sombody posted his street fighting videos(dvds?) on youtube...

I think the fight is staged, because of the pressure and incentive to keep kimbo slice in the league. And the fact that Houston Alexander have probally been paid under the table after all he is 37 years old with 6 kids..

And if you dont know Houston Alexander he is the dude that is really explosive known for his relentless attacks and knock out power... But he didnt do anything in the kimbo slice..

I heard more boos than cheers...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: UFC Fake? Ultimate Fighting Champs... - December 6th 2009, 04:52 PM

UFC definatly wouldn't stage a fight, even though the results seem bogus the whole point of UFC is to set apart for westling and show real fights. These fighters have been paid to do what they do best and doubt anyone of them would set aside thier pride and throw a fight.

Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: UFC Fake? Ultimate Fighting Champs... - December 6th 2009, 07:48 PM

Dana White sees a lot of potential in Kimbo Slice, but Dana White even basically said in The Ultimate Fighter that if he wanted to quit, he could very well quit. Dana White isn't going to pay a lot of money to rig the fights so that Kimbo will win. If Alexander beats Kimbo, Alexander beats Kimbo. But Kimbo also has some explosive power. I'll agree with Dana White probably made SURE he was getting trained by the best people in the business, but other than that...Kimbo was on his own. Alexander kicked Kimbo because that was his game plan. He knew that if he stood up and actually boxed Kimbo, he would probably lose. He wanted to make Kimbo weaker, make him stumble, and THEN he wanted to KO but it didn't quite go out that way because Kimbo eventually got a hold of him and put his ass to the ground with some vicious ground and pound and submission attempts.

This ain't no WWE, this is UFC!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: UFC Fake? Ultimate Fighting Champs... - December 7th 2009, 10:21 AM

I think it was a disappointing fight but I don't think it was rigged. Houston is an explosive guy but Kimbo isn't a fairy, he has lots of knockout power and he has that injured knee. I think Houston wanted to draw in Kimbo while going for that knee and Kimbo knew that, and he knew Houston's explosiveness so he waited for Houston. It ended up being not much of anything because each fighter knew once they striked, there was a good chance one of them would get nearly knocked out then and there. If Houston was to go to Kimbo, in terms of boxing Houston would lose. In terms of grappling, Houston didn't know Kimbo's abilities but he knew he was training with the best and so chances are Kimbo learned something.

I think Houston wanted to simply kick out his leg as he did eventually but unfortunately, when he did he was too tired to pursue it.

For Kimbo, he wanted his first victory and so he wanted to be more cautious because to him, he had a lot to lose.

I doubt Dana White rigged it because if he did, then it was a failed job at it. Sure Kimbo won but watching grass grow was more interesting. Also, Dana allowed Kimbo to quit if Kimbo wanted to and so I sort of doubt he'd rigg it if Kimbo chose to leave to go elsewhere.

Lastly, Kimbo has lots of pride, as does Houston and pretty much all the other fighters, along with Dana. I doubt they'd sacrifice their training, pride and goal just to have the whole thing rigged. Besides, Kimbo did lots of training and that'd go to waste if it wasn't used because he trained with the best in order to be a better fighter.

Closed Thread