TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cptdean Offline
Runs this Ship
Average Joe

Name: Dean

new Formula 1 season :D - March 19th 2011, 07:21 PM

anyone else excited? or just me

one week until the first racing weekend of the season and things look alot more interesting with plenty of competitive cars in the mix, and lots of changes to try and upgrade the action like:

new tyre supplier, which means more like 3 stops instead of only 1
kers power system
rear wing system for overtaking

cant wait to see if its going to match last seasons 4 way into the last race, also the new cars do look really nice

BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: new Formula 1 season :D - March 19th 2011, 08:01 PM

Me !!!!

I can't wait, I was so disappointed when the first race was cancelled but it was for the best really and for their safety.

The new changes seem like they will be interesting but I do kind of wish they would bring back refuelling though it really made it more exciting really. I suppose tyre conservation for the new tyre brand might make up for the lack of refuelling needed and might make it more interesting.

I am going to have to get used to the colour coding of the new tyres though. I am so used to the different stripes...

Out of the new cars I really like the look of the black and gold Renault and the green and yellow Lotus.

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/launches/2011/559.html
http://www.formula1.com/gallery/launches/2011/557.html

Last edited by Melody Pond; March 19th 2011 at 08:12 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cptdean Offline
Runs this Ship
Average Joe

Re: new Formula 1 season :D - March 20th 2011, 12:28 AM

Yay go us!

yeah but Bahrain was a bit disappointing last year, apparently they fixed it again for this year, but nevermind.. I like Australia as the first race anyway

I dont mind the no refueling with these new tyres needing more stops (they are looking at smallers engines in a few years to save on fuel but they will burn through so much rubber in a weekend that I dont think it can ever go eco.), but the fact that they dont put in enough fuel to go full tilt for the whole race is depressing

Its been such a long time I think it wont take long to learn the new colour codes, but I dont see how you are meant to know if they are going directly at the camera :/

I still like the shiny Maclaren best :P

I havent been supporting anyone since Kimi Raikkonen left

BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips...

Last edited by cptdean; March 20th 2011 at 11:41 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: new Formula 1 season :D - March 20th 2011, 10:17 AM

I always support a different driver each year because they change so much over the winter and the cars change and everything. I do really like Mark Webber though...

I used to love Massa and I hope he can pull it back a bit this year because he was disappointing last year.

Alonso is a really good driver but his personality annoys me he is really arrogant and moody which makes it hard to support him.

Oh another change for this year is they have got rid of Jonathan Legard as commentator and David Coulthard is commentating instead. Now I love David Coulthard and I think he will be a great commentator but I just hope they keep him around for the post race chat like they had last year because he know what he is talking about and him and Eddie Jordan have some good arguments.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cptdean Offline
Runs this Ship
Average Joe

Re: new Formula 1 season :D - March 20th 2011, 11:50 AM

I hate Alonso with a passion too and really enjoyed watching him loose the championship on the last race

If I had to pick someone it would be someone like Rosberg or Kubica if he wasnt gone this season or I will just support the Brits as there is 3 now unless I am missing someone

I didnt like Johnathan Legard, he has nothing on Martin Brundle's commentating. I would have like to see that guy that is normally reporting from the pits as he seems like he would do a good job as the assistant commentator, but David is a good choice too. And I am pretty sure the plan is for them to run to the commentators box just for the race like you see Martin do after his grid walk so they should still have David there I hope. I do hope Jake drops his ipad on one of the shows and it gets run over by an f1 car

I also wonder how many different colour trousers Eddie can get away with this year

Last year I found the qualifying to be more exciting than the race most of the time so hopefully they can both be as entertaining this year

BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips...

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Re: new Formula 1 season :D - March 20th 2011, 04:58 PM

I found out over the winter that Eddie Jordan wears a wig so I am going to spend most of my time concentrating on that.

I also forgot Barrichello. He is just so happy and sweet. I really want him to win a championship before he retires. He didn't do too well last season though.

I think my main support will be for Mark Webber this year though I really wanted him to win last year...

(#7 (permalink)) Old
cptdean Offline
Runs this Ship
Average Joe

Re: new Formula 1 season :D - March 21st 2011, 10:57 PM

There has to be more than me and you that like f1

I will make an appeal to everyone to try and watch it this weekend to convert you to our side if you want to try something new, and it promises to be more exciting its in Australia so it will be on really early but the race is replayed at 1ish on sunday for BBC atleast. You know you want to

BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips...

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: new Formula 1 season :D - March 26th 2011, 06:14 PM

2nd on the grid... BOOM. Take that, Red Bull
I'm thinking that the new British driver is one to watch.. 16th is pretty good for someone who drives a Force India

Oh and the new tires and regulations are confusing me, like they do every year

Closed Thread