TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

The Kids Are All Right - My Review and Your Thoughts - June 11th 2011, 03:06 AM

Again, my review of this movie and you can contribute it any way you like or just give comments.

The plot of this movie is a pretty interesting one, when I first read the summary of it before seeing it, I thought it would be pretty damn amazing. I rate it a 6/10, so as you can tell, I didn't find it as amazing as I thought it would be.

The characters Jules, Nic, Joni and Laser (amazing name) all bring pretty amazing acting to the screen, yet all bring differences so it's not seeing four people who are the same plain-Jane family members. You might ask, if you like the main characters and the plot, why not give it a higher rating? In the first ten or so minutes, the movie is already interesting and kind of funny. However, Paul (Mark Ruffalo) comes along and the whole movie comes to a grinding halt. Paul struggles so, so much to be funny and you can sense how hard he is trying but he just fails, and keeps failing harder and harder. It seems like time slows down and you may even feel you want to stitch your ears shut. When the mothers (Jules and Nic) comment on Paul's dialogue, quoting him word-for-word once he drives off on his motorcycle, it gets funny... but he comes back and again, the movie grinds to a halt. This pattern happens over and over and over and over.

BUT, there is hope! As Paul tries to fit in with the family of four, conflict brews around him and his presence finally makes the movie interesting, even funny at times. This is one of the reasons I didn't give the movie a lower rating (another reason being the funny commentary by the mothers regarding Paul).

If you find Paul's initial presence with the family interesting, or dare I say, even funny, then no doubt you will love the rest of the movie. If you felt watching grass grow more exciting, then you may like the rest.

The movie got a slew of awards, so perhaps my view is of the minority and most people found it great.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge

I've been here a while

Re: The Kids Are All Right - My Review and Your Thoughts - June 13th 2011, 08:37 PM

I thought this was an okay movie. Nothing too special about it, though. I didn't know much about the movie before I watched, and I was completely not expecting the plot to go the way that it did. Some parts of the movie were interesting. :]

Don't just exist...LIVE.

Closed Thread