TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Film and Television Whether you're a film buff or just want to talk about your favorite television show, this forum is for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Terra Nova - September 30th 2011, 02:07 AM

I was disappointed. I like the story-line but the Josh character annoys me, and the graphics look like something out of an 80s/90s mix movie. Severely fake.

I had hope, and I still do but only if they can do better on the graphics.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: Terra Nova - September 30th 2011, 02:11 AM

I loved it! The storyline was amazing! The characters are perfect. The actors are good. The one kid is from Degrassi. The graphics were awesome. Very detailed. Not sure what show you were watching. But, I enjoyed it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Re: Terra Nova - September 30th 2011, 03:28 AM

I didn't like it. It stuck me as being very sitcom, right down to the beleaguered dad, the alienated teen, and the cute kid.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I can't get enough

Name: Scott

Re: Terra Nova - September 30th 2011, 05:40 PM

Looking forward to this. Starts on Monday over here in the UK for those who are interested. I fear I've set my expectations too high though.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Re: Terra Nova - September 30th 2011, 06:01 PM

I love the story-line, I was just very disappointed in the cgi effects. They look like something from the early 90s. The characters are all extreme. Extremely intelligent girl, very stupid, cocky, whiny, and rebellious boy, girl who gets boy in trouble, little girl who is always calm and collected, etc.

So cliche. My expectations were definitely set too high, but as I said before....hopefully they change some things since it was only the pilot.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Terra Nova - September 30th 2011, 09:12 PM

Wow, that's coincidental! I was just watching the trailer because someone on twitter mentioned it to me! Looks pretty good but obviously a product of its inspirations.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: Terra Nova - September 30th 2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
I love the story-line, I was just very disappointed in the cgi effects. They look like something from the early 90s. The characters are all extreme. Extremely intelligent girl, very stupid, cocky, whiny, and rebellious boy, girl who gets boy in trouble, little girl who is always calm and collected, etc.

So cliche. My expectations were definitely set too high, but as I said before....hopefully they change some things since it was only the pilot.
What was your expectation for the characters?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Re: Terra Nova - October 1st 2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briana View Post

What was your expectation for the characters?
Well, I was expecting them to be normal human beings, not these extreme cliches. The boy shouldn't be so angry about his father being sent away. I mean 2 years is a long time, but not THAT long. He was clearly trying to protect his family. So either this boy has underlying anger issues, or it's just a very whiny and annoying character.

Also, the intelligent girl is annoyed. It's fine to have someone who knows about the settlement and somewhat about the dinosaurs - but to repeatedly spout out things from a book is not realistic unless she has a photographic memory but this is never touched on.

The parents have been separated for 2 years, yet they have barely touched each other or looked at each other. Kind of strange.

The little girl who is very calm about everything despite only being 5 and she should be having tantrums and crying spells and outbursts. But no, she's completely fine with everything. She even lets a huge dinosaur eat from her hand, picking her up at one point even....but she has never seen any animals before now (assuming their world is as bad as it was).

It just doesn't make sense. The characters are annoying. And the show had too many conflicts, plot twists, and secrets in the very first episode, let alone just a single episode.

Sorry, but it doesn't have me hooked.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I can't get enough

Name: Scott

Re: Terra Nova - October 3rd 2011, 09:16 PM

There's a backstory to the parents about them not touching. Sounds like they had the third child to try save the marriage even though it was illegal, or something. There's definitely something going on there we don't know yet.

And yes, I bloody loved it. LOVED it.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread