TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Music Discuss your favorite musicians and music, whether you listen or play, here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RadkeLover Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tyler

Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 8th 2012, 12:29 PM

I consider her to be the Black Plague of this century. How do you all feel about her?

What is love? I lost the meaning long ago.
  Send a message via AIM to RadkeLover Send a message via MSN to RadkeLover Send a message via Skype™ to RadkeLover 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Re: Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 8th 2012, 01:44 PM

Well, she can rap, and write lyrics, that takes some talent, so props to that, but the rest is just ughhhhhhhhhhhh! I think she would be appreciated a lot more if she wasn't so auto tuned sometimes, and if the lyrics were, um, less vulgar and more intelligent. I don't listen to her though, and her ass and tits are fake as lepricons!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 8th 2012, 02:16 PM

In some songs, I think she's just really annoying. And there are other songs of hers that I like. Basically, if I don't like it, I don't listen to it. And you all should do the same, instead of letting something like this personally bother you, when it really has no effect on your life whatsoever.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 8th 2012, 02:19 PM

I can't stand anything to do with her.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Re: Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 8th 2012, 05:14 PM

I wouldn't say she's the black plague.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 8th 2012, 08:41 PM

^^Agree, after doing an end-of-term essay on the Black Plague last year, I have to say that of the two I would honestly prefer to be infested by Nicki Minaj, but I see where you're coming from.

She's just kinda stoopid.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 9th 2012, 09:27 PM

I can't stand her music, but at the same time I said that about Skrillex until I actually stopped to listen to it.

You have to take music at face value. She works on catchy lyrics with no meaning. Loud and obnoxious, her music would be right at home in a club after 11pm, once everyone's had a few drinks. She's not an amazing or intelligent artist, but she's found a good niche of fans that somehow keeps her up on iTune's top 10 artists.

Her appearance is loud, and over the top, and her music is the same. That's not a bad thing, it's just where she fits in.

Music is just a bunch of niches that need filling. A smart artist will find one, and hold on for dear life. Then all the other artists hoping to fill that niche will simply fade away. Then someone pulls that artist off the throne and takes their place, for the cycle to start all over again. She's found where she belongs.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#8 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 9th 2012, 09:30 PM

She reminds me of a duck.

She has a perma-duckface and her voice sounds quacky. That combined with the ultra-generic and bland mainstream pop she turns out makes her quite the horrifying spectacle.

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 9th 2012, 10:32 PM

I'll admit, I enjoy some of her songs but not her videos, recently they seem to be her and some other girls in bikinis, thrusting themselves about which isn't what I look for in a music video.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Can anyone else not stand to look at Nicki Minaj? - August 9th 2012, 11:11 PM

I don't care for her. But I don't like that genre of music, so that's not saying much.

Closed Thread