TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Music Discuss your favorite musicians and music, whether you listen or play, here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes. - May 15th 2013, 05:29 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've wondered this for awhile... It's bothered me not knowing. To satisfy my curiosity I thought I'd ask here. Some of the lyrics in Snow Patrol's song, "Open Your Eyes" sounds like it means self-harm.

"The anger swells in my gut,
so I won't feel these slices,
and cuts."

Doesn't it sound like it to you?

Click here for a video on YouTube. It has the lyrics so maybe you could listen to the whole song to maybe get a better idea?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes. - May 15th 2013, 05:01 PM

Hmm...it's interesting. Looking at the rest of the lyrics, it seems to be based on love, perhaps unrequited love, or it could be written from the point of view of an individual who has lost someone they love, and wants them back?

It could be possible that the "slices and cuts" are metaphorical, representing pain of some sort?

On another note, Snow Patrol are pretty cool! I like "Called Out In The Dark".
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Snow Patrol - Open Your Eyes. - May 16th 2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle. View Post
Hmm...it's interesting. Looking at the rest of the lyrics, it seems to be based on love, perhaps unrequited love, or it could be written from the point of view of an individual who has lost someone they love, and wants them back?

It could be possible that the "slices and cuts" are metaphorical, representing pain of some sort?

On another note, Snow Patrol are pretty cool! I like "Called Out In The Dark".
Hmm... Actually, I hadn't thought about it like that. That does kinda make sense now that you mention it. Thanks! 2 years later, I finally got a new answer.

Snow Patrol is good! I've listened to them since like, I don't know, about 3 years ago? I like them a lot. I don't remember if I heard "Called Out In The Dark" yet, not that you hinted at it or anything. I gotta go listen to it now...

Closed Thread