TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Music Discuss your favorite musicians and music, whether you listen or play, here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wingardium27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Siobhan

Icon For Hire - April 15th 2016, 07:42 PM

Hi guys!

Has anyone here hears of a band called Icon For Hire? For anyone not in the know, they are a female-fronted rock/hard rock band who write amazingly honest songs. For anyone who does know of them, are you looking forward to their new album?? I know I am

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fallingstargirl Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Estelle

Re: Icon For Hire - April 15th 2016, 07:51 PM

I love icon for hire!!! I really like Now You Know and Up In Flames. They were really the band that got me into that genre. So pumped for the next album

The opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation
~Jonathan Larson

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Icon For Hire - April 15th 2016, 07:58 PM

I absolutely loved the first album. I thought the second was okay, I like it but it's not my favorite. From what I've heard of the new album, I absolutely hate it. To me, Now You Know seems like they're tooting their own horn a little too hard. The lyrics seem like they think they're bigger than they are. Overall I just think the new music is bad compared to what they produced previously. That's not to say I think there's anything wrong with liking their new music, I just personally don't.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Clarent Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: L.

Re: Icon For Hire - April 15th 2016, 08:05 PM

They are a pretty cute band. My ex liked them, and even I like some of their songs.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Sticking the stickies.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Icon For Hire - April 16th 2016, 02:32 AM

They're awesome, I met the band last summer. I like the first album a lot and the second one was a little bit of an adjustment, but I really like that one too. I think my two favorite songs by them are Hope Of Morning and Pieces.

I have backed their project, so I have three songs from their next album. Here We Are, Supposed To Be, and You Were Wrong. All of them are good songs and they are powerful, but they're definitely different. I like their new music but I hope to see a few songs with their older style in the new album.

Articles & Resources Officer|Senior Newsletter Editor|Forum & Community Moderator

The wild woman has
a deep love of nature,
a love for the ancient mother,
though possibly misunderstood,
it has always been her.
When she goes into
the wilderness
a part
of her soul is going home.
-Shikoba-

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Wingardium27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Icon For Hire - April 16th 2016, 05:23 PM

Yay! I have found my Icon family ☺

My favourite album was their first (especially 'Only a Memory', 'Iodine', 'Theatre' and 'Pieces'), although I really like 'Cynics and Critics' and 'Hope of Morning' from their second album. I'm also excited for their next album, but I would prefer if they went back to their original style.

Does anyone know of any similar bands or other hard rock bands? I like The Letter Black ('Break Out', 'Sick Charade' and 'Up From The Ashes'), Flyleaf ('Cassie', 'I'm So Sick' and 'Marionette') and Fireflight ('Unbreakable' and 'Stay Close'). What other rock/alternative/hard rock/metal bands do you like??

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Icon For Hire - April 16th 2016, 07:25 PM

I'd never heard of them, but I think I'll check them out as I'm into rock

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Wingardium27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Icon For Hire - April 16th 2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDirtySoul View Post
I'd never heard of them, but I think I'll check them out as I'm into rock
You definitely should! Try their first album (Scripted) for rock songs or 'Cynics and Critics' from their second album. Their songs are usually about the personal struggles of the band members or issues that affect them/people they know (i.e. mental illness) and are written in a very raw, honest way. Happy listening!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
Lifen't will prevail.

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Icon For Hire - April 17th 2016, 11:52 PM

Icon For Hire has been my favourite band for a few years now. I discovered them when I was just out of high school and absolutely fell in love. They're one of very few bands where I've liked entire albums rather than just songs. Unlike a lot of their fans I really like their "new sound"; sure I'd like to hear some "older style" songs in their new album, but I'm also totally up for them experimenting with their sound. They dropped their record label so they could do just that. Like Cassie I backed the project on Kickstarter so I've heard the first three songs of their new album, and so far I'm loving what I've heard. I also saw them live at a music festival last year, and let me just say, it was amazing - and not just because I love the band. In terms of audience engagement, effort, and sheer energy, it's probably the best performance I've seen (well, maybe second best, since it's hard to beat a 40K strong crowd at a One Direction concert). Long story short I love the band and so far have loved everything they've done, so I'm excited to see what they do next.

just because it hurts to go on
doesn't mean the battle can't still be won
;

(#10 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Icon For Hire - April 20th 2016, 05:34 PM

I'll be honest, I just found out about them this January. And I absolutely love them. I listen to a lot of sad music that I can relate to. But then I discovered them and I think so much better of myself. I try to fix more of my problems. I actually try to get better and I'm glad they are a band and help people become so much better and think better of themselves. Now I'm more into rock, and some of their music is a little too much for me, like "Sugar and Spice". But I mainly like their songs "Theatre," "The Grey," "Fight," "Make A Move," "Get Well" and so on. I also like them because I really like Rise Against and singing about political issues and other stuff like Icon For Hire's "Make A Move," "Nerves," and "Pop Culture" And I do watch the REL show and I also love it because she doesn't just sit there and go, "Get over yourself." Because she's still trying to get through all of this stuff too, but she's taking action and trying to help other people take action and take control of their life and I honestly believe that's absolutely wonderful.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread