TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Music (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f224-music/)
-   -   Have your music tastes changed over the years? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f224-music/t162574-have-your-music-tastes-changed-over-years/)

Rivière January 31st 2022 12:41 AM

Have your music tastes changed over the years?

Mine definitely have.

As a child I loved pop music, so Britney Spears, Girls Aloud, Madonna, that sort of thing.

When I was around 15-16 I got into bands like Linkin Park and Evanescence. Then 16 and onwards I enjoyed symphonic metal, so Delain, Nightwish, Epica, Xandria. Other metal bands too such as Lacuna Coil, PAIN, Entwine, and so on.

Now I much prefer EDM, house, and synthwave. I don't really listen to rock or metal anymore unless I'm annoyed at something.

It's so interesting how music tastes change over the years, and how mood affects what we listen to.

What are some of yours?

DeletedAccount81 January 31st 2022 12:50 AM

Re: Have your music tastes changed over the years?

When I was really young, I listened to teen idols such as Cyndi Lauper and Tiffany to name a few examples. I also enjoyed boy bands of the day, such as NKOTB (New Kids on the Block). And yes, I was born in the mid 1980s so I was a bit young for that. :nosweat:

When I was an adolescent, I listened to a mix of alternative and pop. Alanis Morissette, Hanson, Britney Spears, and whoever else my sister and her friends had playing on the radio. I pretty much followed their lead for the most part.

When I was in high school, within a year of graduating, I branched out and discovered a new soulful-sounding type of music. But they were still teen idols, or something of that sort. Avril Lavigne and Ashlee Simpson. I liked their melancholic songs.

That led me to liking bands such as Green Day, Matchbox Twenty, Five for Fighting, Evanescence, My Chemical Romance, and a few more. Pretty much your standard artist playlist of the mid 2000s. :bleh:

I'm not into music as much these days. Not the listening aspect of it, anyways. I enjoy reading clean lyrics.

(But anyone within a mile of me will probably tell you they can sing Fearless by Taylor Swift in their sleep. :hehe: )

Dawn. January 31st 2022 07:56 AM

Mine definitely has as well.

When I started getting into music around 11, I was very much into rock music such as Linkin Park, Papa Roach, 3 Days Grace, Guns n Roses etc and I was into that sort of genre for a very long time. It was the only music I would listen to. :nosweat: I still am and still listen to those type of bands but now I'm more open to what I listen to. When I was 15, I started listening to Amy Winehouse and she was the one that got me into soul and jazz music. Now I love female musicians such as Adele, Amy Lee, Amy Winehouse and Sia.

Astro04 January 31st 2022 08:23 AM

I changed.
I afmit: it takes long to choose a favorite music gender, but I started with the old rock. I switched to alternative rock a couple of years after. For a while I was addicted to this, then metal, then poliedric (I listen everything) on these last years I switched for another type of music: electro. Actually I still listen electro music but I also listen a lot of songs for movies, games and I added a little to classical music and reggae. I also still listen alternative rock.

Am I still poliedric? I made a huge mix of all genres BUT NOT REGGAETON!

Ennui. January 31st 2022 06:07 PM

I'm not sure if I changed. I grew up listening to Dolly Parton and don't listen to her as much, but I also grew up on my sister's music like Linkin Park and Evanescence and still listen to that regularly, also what's on the radio.

Rika April 3rd 2022 02:18 AM

I'd have to say maybe a little? I like the music I listened to as a teenager/pre-teenager still. I don't really like most of "today's music" or "top hits". Sometimes they can be a banger, but not all.