TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Music (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f224-music/)
-   -   Physical copies of music, or digital download? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f224-music/t162621-physical-copies-music-digital-download/)

Ennui. February 12th 2022 07:46 PM

Physical copies of music, or digital download?

Do you prefer to buy a physical copy of your music like a CD or record, or do you prefer using a digital download?
I use digital download. I used to have a lot of CDs before streaming services were popular though.

DeletedAccount81 February 12th 2022 07:49 PM

Re: Physical copies of music, or digital download?

I prefer to download my music digitally with my Amazon account.

But way back in the day, I had CDs and a really awesome boombox.

Ennui. February 12th 2022 07:50 PM

I think boomboxes were before my time :bleh: I was on the tail end of cassettes and part of portable CD players.

DeletedAccount81 February 12th 2022 07:52 PM

It worked until like 2012 or 2013? So they were your time. :bleh:

Ennui. February 12th 2022 07:53 PM

I didn't realize they were still around at that point, by high school I'd moved on to iPods LOL. I always thought of boomboxes as an 80s thing.

DeletedAccount71 February 12th 2022 09:47 PM

I do digital downloads, for the purposes of taking up less room, and also because I like to listen to music on my phone everywhere I go. But I know there are some people who are really into collecting vinyl and it's making a bit of a comeback.

Rob February 13th 2022 12:31 AM

I used to have digital downloads a while ago combined with listening to music on places like YouTube, however earlier in the year I got a Spotify subscription and honestly it has changed everything. I listen to all music through that now and although there's a free version, it's been great listening without ads on it.

Dawn. February 13th 2022 07:50 AM

I used to prefer buying CD's when I was growing up but now digital downloads is what I use the most.

Silvan February 13th 2022 04:37 PM

Digital downloads, because it doesn't take space, it's available everywhere (you don't have to carry physical copies with you to listen to it) and it's usually cheaper.

Rika April 3rd 2022 02:17 AM

All I do anymore is have digital downloads or use Spotify.

Astro04 April 4th 2022 08:29 AM

Depends. If you like a band or an artist so much, you surely will have all the CD's. I instead use digital download because I like that one music of that artist. I don't care about have it all.