TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Vocal lessons - June 17th 2012, 10:30 PM

Hi, so I like to sing A LOT. Not exactly for an audience.

I don't know how to find out if I am good or not. I was thinking about getting some vocal lessons to help out, but I don't want to do that if the teacher is going to A) be tortured by the fact I am not good and have to try to work around that or B) have to be the one to be like yo you suck and not even wanna try. SOOOO.... How do I find out if I am decent or not???

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Vocal lessons - June 18th 2012, 12:16 AM

Well if you don't want a professional opinion, then ask your family or friends & ask for an HONEST opinion.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LuxLisbon Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Katie

Re: Vocal lessons - June 30th 2012, 08:31 AM

I agree, just ask people for an honest opinion. And if you do choose to do vocal lessons they can teach you different techniques to strenghten your voice

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Narnian representative
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachi

Re: Vocal lessons - July 4th 2012, 09:10 PM

I've been having vocal lessons for like 7 years. I love them. Firstly, chill out, you could always just drive an opinion about your voice from a close friend or family, assuming they've herd you:3 Also, vocal lessons aren't for everyone. I know that in my case, from when I started, it's not all gonna be pop songs, usually it's focused around classical unless you chose to head down the opera or musical thertre schemes like I did. :3 <3

Ever since I met you.. it hasn't been the same. All you got me doing is drawing hearts around your name <3
Me without you is like a sneaker without laces, a geek without braces andasentancewithoutspaces.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Vocal lessons - July 4th 2012, 09:22 PM

All vocal teachers start off knowing that their new student might not be the best singer ever, so don't worry about that. Their goal is to teach you how to sing in a way that won't harm your voice and gets the most out of your talent. You aren't expected to be amazing right off the bat. So, if you enjoy singing then I definitely recommend giving vocal lessons a try.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Vocal lessons - July 5th 2012, 08:34 AM

You also need to find the right kind of vocal lessons. If you're not sure if you're good or not, you could try going for something aimed at beginners, and then progressing up if you are good enough. I know my friend tried to jump straight into something and got turned away and told to improve on her own before she came back, but then did improve and is now having proper lessons, so don't be disheartened if you don't find the right teacher straight away. There is always room for improvement no matter how good you are, and you just have to find someone who is right to teach you.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

Closed Thread