TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Media and Entertainment (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f23-media-entertainment/)
-   -   Calling out all Scrubs lovers! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f23-media-entertainment/t12238-calling-out-all-scrubs-lovers/)

ElToroLoco April 24th 2009 10:57 PM

I get my life lessons from the last five minutes of Scrubs

Iíve often wondered how this show can be so funny and yet so poignant simultaneously.
Iíve enjoyed this show over the years mainly for the funny but also because every so often there this moment where Iím blown away and need to look at my life. Sure at times, it can be a cheese-ball after-school-special-sitcom moral, but nonetheless Iím forced to look at life just a little bit differently.

"Relationships don't work they way they do on television and in the movies. Will they? Won't they? And then they finally do, and they're happy forever. Gimme a break. Nine out of ten of them end because they weren't right for each other to begin with, and half of the ones who get married get divorced anyway, and I'm telling you right now, through all this stuff I have not become a cynic. I haven't.

Yes, I do happen to believe that love is mainly about pushing chocolate covered candies and, y'know, in some cultures, a chicken. You can call me a sucker, I don't care, because I do believe in it.

Bottom line: it's couples who are truly right for each other wade through the same crap as everybody else, but the big difference is they don't let it take them down. One of those two people will stand up and fight for that relationship every time. If it's right, and they're real lucky, one of them will say something."
- Dr. Cox

Calling out all Scrubs lovers.
What quotes or moments made you reflect, think or just stayed in your mind after the show was over.

eunoia April 24th 2009 11:34 PM

Re: Calling out all Scrubs lovers!

Hey Javier. =]

Well, I don't watch Scrubs (I mean, I have before, but not regularly, although I do know what you mean about the humor + morals bit.) I just wanted to let you know I moved your thread to Sports and Entertainment, though. =]

Cheers!

Magic. April 25th 2009 09:20 PM

"Well, I'm not going to say that. You're doing okay. Someday you might even be better than that. But right now, all I see is a guy who's so preoccupied with wondering what everyone else thinks about him, that he doesn't have anytime to think whether or not he believes in himself. Did you ever wonder why I told you to write your own evaluation?" Dr Cox.
... Maybe didn't stop me caring about what everyone else thought about me, but it definately reduced how seriously I took comments to heart. Now I [somewhat] believe in myself :D
Personally I think the best quotes are from Dr Cox, his little speeches are amazing!

Cullen April 25th 2009 10:05 PM

It's not a serious kinda "that quote made me turn my life around" thing, but it did stick with me, and it makes me laugh just thinking about it...

"Knife-wrench!"

Mega-lolz.

Toast April 26th 2009 04:58 AM

*Sings* I get to cut you open, I get to cut you open, I get to cut you open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_1iotBoPnI

Best song ever. Haha.

Tegan April 26th 2009 11:20 AM

okay Katelyn totally took my moment :O

but also.. Dr cox's whistle... seriously, that is my dream, to be able to whistle like that.

oh my gosh, i'm such a loser.

ElToroLoco April 26th 2009 11:39 AM

"what time is it? time to dance"
:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQNSNKwqfc&NR=1

Skeleton April 26th 2009 11:50 AM

I love the episode with Rate Your Doctor website, when JD is checking his and he goes to give it back to Turk and he's like "Scrolling, scrolling, fake watch (pretends to look at his watch), scrolling". It cracks me up everytime and I do it a lot as well. :p

There is probably loads of other good ones but I can't think of any right now, even though I am actually watching Scrubs as I type this.

Gidig April 26th 2009 09:32 PM

Oh my gosh! I <3 Scrubs. And J.D.'s kid is ADORABLE. And Dr.Cox is my hero.

Let's see.. a quote I liked.
I guess it's not really a quote, but I liked the whole thing where Dr.Cox was so upset about doing the organ transplants when the organ donor actually had rabies.

Disturbedrox2011 April 29th 2009 03:36 AM

ahhhh i love scrubs.
i have 6 seasons of it on my computer

one of the eps. that gets me is the 3rd ep.(i think) when they say 1/3 people will die but then all 3 die and it's like so sad.

but my fav. quote was by Dr. Kelso
"nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy"

i love it so much and it gets me everytime

go scrubs :D

Hollifire April 29th 2009 01:38 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4khyc...eature=related

Haha I love Scrubs!! :D JD and Elliot's relationship always drew me in, but JD's relationship with Turk and Dr. Cox always made me giggle. I can't get enough of that show, seriously. :p

20 Dollar Nose Bleed April 30th 2009 12:41 AM

Epic show. I always reflect on things at the end of an episode, although I can't think of any quotes at the minute. It's amazing how it starts out so hilariously funny then ends with such impact. That show's actually what got me interested in the medical side of my job and i'm thinking of taking it alot further, so I guess it's helped me a whole lot because I had no idea what I wanted to do before.

Double X April 30th 2009 04:44 PM

It get's some of the lowest ratings on ABC, I hate JD's new beard, and they made Janitor soft...but I still love the show dearly. Even the mediocre new season, I can't help but watch it. So great...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20 Dollar Nose Bleed (Post 128155)
Epic show. I always reflect on things at the end of an episode, although I can't think of any quotes at the minute. It's amazing how it starts out so hilariously funny then ends with such impact. That show's actually what got me interested in the medical side of my job and i'm thinking of taking it alot further, so I guess it's helped me a whole lot because I had no idea what I wanted to do before.

I wanted to be a surgeon beforehand anyways so it didn't change my view. Apart from the goofiness/daydreams, my uncle (anesthesiast) said that scrubs is the most accurate tv show that portrays a hospital, because it shows the dreariness of being in a hospital and how doctors deal with death.

That being said all hospital shows are inaccurate anyways :D

come by rescue me May 1st 2009 12:52 AM

am i the only person who doesnt enjoy or like this programme in any aspect?, i think the characters are so bland and one dimensional i really dislike the program, no denying zac braff is a great actor but i just dont enjoy the show plus the gags are so cheap and stupid its so ridiculous at times

ElToroLoco May 1st 2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by come by rescue me (Post 128856)
am i the only person who doesnt enjoy or like this programme in any aspect?, i think the characters are so bland and one dimensional i really dislike the program, no denying zac braff is a great actor but i just dont enjoy the show plus the gags are so cheap and stupid its so ridiculous at times

Watch the first 3 seasons. They are pure gold
after that, its slowly starts goin downhill

L'espoir May 5th 2009 08:10 AM

I love scrubs! I think its hilarious the way turk and JD are like a couple :D Clickie for JD&Turk love "we're closer than the average man and wife" "your the only man who has ever been inside of me" haha

Double X May 5th 2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenn x (Post 132444)
I love scrubs! I think its hilarious the way turk and JD are like a couple :D Clickie for JD&Turk love "we're closer than the average man and wife" "your the only man who has ever been inside of me" haha

Agh, I'm at school and there is no sound on the computers...but the best one is when JD and Turk are just chilling and JD is in his narrator mode and says something like (paraphrasing)..

"Turk and I were bored, I wondering how other couples are doing. (Concerned look) Did I just call us a couple? Anyways..."

L'espoir May 6th 2009 09:38 PM

Oh my, that is just hilarious. "Turk and I were bored, I wondering how other couples are doing". I laughed for like 10 minutes about that! Pshh, Im so easily amused :rolleyes:

ElToroLoco May 8th 2009 08:05 AM

I just saw the finale. i swear, the last 10 minutes were so emotional, it almost made me cry.
Great send off to a great show.

Double X May 8th 2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHeroOfCanton (Post 135050)
I just saw the finale. i swear, the last 10 minutes were so emotional, it almost made me cry.
Great send off to a great show.

It was okay, a bit better than most of the mediocre season. Honestly, Scrubs became a very old, sick dog. Everyone loves it, but they also know that it needs to be put down because it can't do anything anymore.

ElToroLoco May 8th 2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double X (Post 135084)
It was okay, a bit better than most of the mediocre season. Honestly, Scrubs became a very old, sick dog. Everyone loves it, but they also know that it needs to be put down because it can't do anything anymore.

I know, but come on, u can agree that the last 10 minutes were worth it, even if the show lost its charm back in season 5.

Hollifire May 8th 2009 03:34 PM

I too felt a little teary eyed as the show came to an end. I'll definitely miss it.

Double X May 8th 2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHeroOfCanton (Post 135147)
I know, but come on, u can agree that the last 10 minutes were worth it, even if the show lost its charm back in season 5.

Oh of course, it was a great way to wrap up the show. Showing JD/Elliot getting married and having a kid, Turk/Cox/JD families together for xmas. Definitely worth it and if they ended it in a vague way (with the shots of the future) I would not have been happy.

L'espoir May 9th 2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double X (Post 135315)
Oh of course, it was a great way to wrap up the show. Showing JD/Elliot getting married and having a kid, Turk/Cox/JD families together for xmas. Definitely worth it and if they ended it in a vague way (with the shots of the future) I would not have been happy.

You should have put a spoiler on that. Oh I found this funny turk and JD marriage clip and I just HAD to post it!.

JD: We're not married!
Turk: Dude, we're a little married.
JD: I know, I love it

Clickie for more JD Turk lovee

Woo! Imagination xD May 9th 2009 08:08 PM

I freaking love scrubs!! I was wondering when something like this would come along. As for quotes i'd be sat at the computer for hours so ill add some later when i9 have a little more tiime on my hands! x