TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeeAnn_Angela Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sophie

Audition tips? PLEASE? - July 8th 2009, 03:35 PM

So, I'm going to my first ever "real" audition today at one, and I'm extremly nervous...I've done a LOT of plays, but they're all for school and my school is so small everyone gets at least one part, lol. It's for Emily in the play "Our Town," which I only watched once. Yesterday on youtube after I was called about the audition...also, I was supposed to go tomorrow, but it got moved to today and...idk, help??
  Send a message via Yahoo to DeeAnn_Angela  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jamie Offline
A Tout Le Monde
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jamie

Re: Audition tips? PLEASE? - July 8th 2009, 04:55 PM

I think the main thing is if you've been given lines, know them off by heart. Be confident and clear as you can, so that you're perfectly understandable and try to make it a bit more intresting- tsick to the lines, but maybe throw your voice to add more drama, or humour, depending on what's appropriate.

The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways; the point is to change it.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

22:36 [Ergg] It's so much better to be a girl
22:36 [Ergg] IMO
22:36 [Jamie] Naw. Two words: Periods. Childbirth.
22:36 [Ergg] One word: Birth control
22:37 [Jamie] That's two words.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Audition tips? PLEASE? - July 10th 2009, 12:44 AM

I know I'm too late but for future tips, NEVER use a monologue with an accent. Always try to find a piece that fits your age, and is a part you would actually be cast in. As for cold readings, just really commit, never stop thinking of a new way you can interpret the scene. Also always read the play you are auditioning for and read the entire play that your monologue is from if you are doing one.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: Audition tips? PLEASE? - July 10th 2009, 07:26 PM

Don't be afraid to really get into it. Lots of times they will just pick the people who are willing to get out there and feel silly in front of everyone.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

Closed Thread