TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Random myspace bands I find. - August 27th 2009, 04:33 PM

I browse myspace all the time looking for bands, and if anyone cares I will continue to post a new band I really like every once and awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATMwzAseujM
Stricken City - Tak o Tak

(I wish there was a way to embed)

Anyways, Stricken City, is just a very fun synth-pop-rock band. Whether they do upbeat or downbeat songs, they always pull if off well. This song is particularly danceable.

cheers

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#2 (permalink)) Old
mh182 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Random myspace bands I find. - August 27th 2009, 04:47 PM

I used to browse myspace to find music that others had never heard of then were like, Wow this is good. Ha. Definitely and good way to do it! Il give it a listen dude.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Random myspace bands I find. - August 27th 2009, 04:58 PM

Well I don't really use myspace to find new bands, I genereally use last fm. But there are probably bands on myspace which aren't on last fm yet.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Random myspace bands I find. - August 27th 2009, 06:14 PM

I use last.fm most, but every now and again other bands become friends with my (currently dormant) account - how they find me I don't know...

One good one was a German post-rock band called Collapse Under The Empire
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

August 30th 2009, 04:54 PM

maudlin of the well - Part the Second

Before I say more, this album is very avantgarde and progressive rock, if you aren't a fan of Genesis, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Yes, etc. maybe you should not waste your time. Or be openminded and give this a listen. They don't even have a hard copy cd, they put their album on their website for free.

Hailing from Boston, maudlin of the well released an album a long time ago in 2001. It was a jazzy type of metal, fun and attracted a small cult following. However, since maudlin of the well is completely broke and have no label, they sent a request for donations on their website to produce their next album, which they said would be much more diverse. Only 87 people responded, but it was enough.

A victory for the band, a victory for the donators, a victory for the listeners and most of all, a victory for music. This is by far the best prog album of the year, probably best album of the year, probably best prog album of the decade. This is a huge journey of an album, it will break your heart only to make you fall in love again. There is no anti-climaxes, no dissapointments, just perfection. Emotional solos, complex arrangements, it is truly a musical orgasm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYSKc0NOMXI
(the first track)

maudlin of the Well - Part The Second - Downloads

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

Closed Thread