TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Media and Entertainment Discuss everything from books to music, movies, television and celebrities in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 07:31 AM

By that I mean sing "properly" not just like sing in the shower or something lol

I've had singing lessons for about a year and a half now, still need to get the courage to sing on stage in front of audiences.

So yeah, what do you like singing? What would you say was your 'signature song'? Mine'd probably be Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On, I've been singing that since I was 11.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 07:35 AM

I don't sing much, but I've considered singing lessons. I decided that as I spend about five months of the year with a cold that makes me voice even worse than usual, there's not much point. But I'm joining the school choir again, which'll be fun

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Perplexity Offline
Per sempre <3
I've been here a while

Name: Shaz

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 07:49 AM

I sing, and I've been singing for as long as I can remember. It's just something that I've always 'done', whether it be in the shower or in my school choir, It's a hobby and passion of mine and I love it.

I'm in the process of finding a new singing teacher and I have been trained a bit when I had lessons in school.

Uhm, I don't really have a 'signature' song. I like to sing anything and everything.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Olive, always Offline
The Mighty Grape
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Liv

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 07:54 AM

Yay, I sing! I'm a lyrical soprano - I took lessons for a few months but then I decided to branch off on my own. I still wonder sometimes what my range is...
x

=P

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BECCALICIOUS! Offline
take me as you found me.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Becca

School choir, if that counts.

I'll sing, well, pretty much anything.
The choir's song, though, would be "Into The West"... I'm pretty fond of it.

when you love and laugh abundantly you live a beautiful life.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
blondechick_13 Offline
fantasticle.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah.

My whole life I have been singing and music is my life.
I love to sing and i'll sing anywhere i go.
I think my signature song is Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson because I sang that a few years back for our final concert for the year and I guess I did pretty good considering I got a standing ovation.
As for the stage fright, you're going to have to push yourself to go out there and sing. It is hard I'll grant you that but it's up to you how much you want to sing on stage. I started performing on stage at 5 so it was kinda easy for me to get over it, but even now at 15 i still get nervous. Practice in front of friends and keep adding people and hopefully you can conquer your fear.

peace.in.the.middle.east.

-hannah.

"Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

peace.in.the.middle.east
  Send a message via MSN to blondechick_13 Send a message via Yahoo to blondechick_13  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Marionette. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 08:02 AM

Definitely. School choir for about 4 years. Though I've had to stop now. Done solos and talent shows but unfortunately I stopped all that when my self confidence went down the drain. But im working on it

Last edited by Marionette.; January 11th 2009 at 11:52 AM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
fallen fairy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fairy

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 08:26 AM

deffo, school choir for hmm 11 years lol, sang in some of the most important places for choirs in london, and with some of the most respected singers (yeah posh school lol)

don't really have a "signature" song if i'm being honest i just sing whats there lol

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Sunshine☮ Offline
run til the sun burns out
Not a n00b

Name: Amber

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 09:44 AM

Well, I sing. I have never taken singing lessons, but when I was in grade 2 I was accepted into a city choir and I also took choir all through middle school and highschool. :) I don't really have a signature song. But I guess one of my favourite songs to sing is 'Vois Sur Ton Chemin' by Les Choristes. :)

formerly know as Dori

most of the shadows of this life are caused
by our standing in our own
sunshine

Send a message via MSN to Sunshine☮  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
TibbySkye Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tibby

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 11:37 AM

I sing. I had a vocal coach for a while. Mainly for plays and musicals. Coaches can help you overcome your fear. My warm up song is "One upon a Dream" from Jekyll and Hyde. Also a bunch of a exercises.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 11:40 AM

I sing in the shower :P

I did chorus in third grade once, like outside of school. Btw I love My heart will go on!!!!!
I saw her sing it in concert! Put me in tears..

(#12 (permalink)) Old
imaginarybird Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ashleigh

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 12:12 PM

I've been singing for about as long as I can remember. Pretty much all my free time at schools goes to singing with chorus ensembles. I haven't had the chance to do any talent shows or solos lately so I wouldn't say that I have a signature song or anything.

As for stage fright, I do do a lot of theater and I've found that listening to high energy music that's maybe kind of nonsense or silly right before going on stage tends to help. It gives positive energy instead of nervous energy.

Also, I'd recommend starting with a small group and building your way up to big performances. Maybe the place where you take voice lessons has a recital that you could perform in.
  Send a message via AIM to imaginarybird  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 01:02 PM

I dont sing anymore. I used to be singer and songwriter in a band. If your creative....maybe create your own signature song? Or just follow an artist you like, whose vocals you feel you can mirror....but dont be afraid to make the song your own....

and as for performing...maybe start by little ones....like in a local old peoples home, or your form group rather than trying big...good luck xx

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Anna Skye Offline
live and let love...
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 01:15 PM

I sing in my school's chorus, but I've always wanted a vocal coach... no money for one, though. I guess my signature song would be "On My Own" from Les Miserables.

peace and love

(#15 (permalink)) Old
SillyEvee Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: EV

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 09:43 PM

I've been in school choirs for...I dunno how many years. At least four. I did two years of City choir, too. I love to sing! I'm in my school's female a capella group, too. I usually sing alto, but I can sing low soprano parts, too. I don't have a nice voice or any outstanding talent, but my a capella director says my voice blends really well. That's a good thing, right?

My favourite song to sing changes all the time, but my fav song of the moment is probably Master of the Field by Matisyahu. I think Reggae is my fav genre to sing in general. I do a bit of beat boxing, too.

--EV--
Congrats Canada's Juniors! 5 in a row!
Last Sunday morning, the sunshine felt like rain.
Week before, they all seemed the same.
And oh, I ain't wastin' time no more
Cause time goes by like hurricanes, and faster things.
--The Allman Brothers Band

Things seem impossible until you start to do them.

PM me anytime. I love to talk. :]

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 11th 2009, 11:40 PM

I've been considering taking lessons, as singing is something I really want to try out.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Monica

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 12:01 AM

I find the whole "singing lessons" thing to be interesting. like are they supposed to teach you how to sing well? because if you cant sing than you really just cant lol. or are they just to help good singers improve?

Anyways I do sing... and well. I mostly enjoy singing to neo-soul and r&b songs because they work best with my voice but i play around with other genres as well. two of my favorite songs to sing are "the sweetest thing" by lauryn hill && "other side of the game" by erykah badu.

<3 Monica

(#18 (permalink)) Old
M... Offline
I refuse to give up. I think.
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 02:06 AM

mmm, I sing, I don't take lessons but I have done a number of preformances I've been singing as long as I can remember just did a preformance, uhh two days ago acctually, but I love singing. Welll... I love music in general but you get the picture. I'd have to say my favorite thing about singing is how much you can get into the music and really express it. It can be what you want it to be even if it needs to be a mask. I'd have to say my signature song is "once upon a december" from anastatia (sorry about the spelling it's late) but I can recall many accounts of me doing that song for preformances, lovved every second of it still do too.

Rest In peace Monica, I miss you 1-3-10
I owe you my life, more than once over. And the only thing I can do, is 'Thank you.'
I last self harmed on June 9, 2009.

I'm always here. For anyone, who needs anything. No matter what.
~Emily~

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
Crazy Penguin Lady
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 07:14 AM

I love singing
Ever since I was in nursery in the christmas play and they wanted someone to sing 'twinkle twinkle' and I was the only one to go up and sing. All of the parents cried bless them!

I've sang in choirs, performance assemblies at school, participated in my schools 'house music'... The list goes on.

I'm starting college this week and i'm doing a drama and vocals course, that should be interesting !

x

(#20 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 08:01 AM

AH! NO guys! LOL! Well i only started singing for "fun" about a year or 2 ago... I would have to say my Signature song my my "better" song to sing would fluxuate and how iam feeling that day and if my voice wants to work for that song xD Iam soon going to start recording and posting on youtube... If i ever get the currage xD ANyawys i guess they would be, depending on day... Anastasia "In the Beginging" or David Cooks "Time of My Life" sometimes, Billy Joel's "lullaby" OR "Piano Man", Bryan Adams "Everything I do I do for You" and thats just a few of my better ones lol.
I can also do i good cover to "1000 Words" (final fantasy [10]) xD

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 10:41 AM

i sing for my band as a replacement until we find a vocalist , ive never had singing lessons and i sounds pretty terrible but i just love singing along with music and playing on stage i usally turn my singing into screaming which sounds killer :]

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Zoombini80 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 10:47 AM

Wow, not much guys here. I do but not in front of people. You can hear it here www.myspace.com/silverstartechno Don't be too rude I'm not incredible

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Sissa Offline
Distorted Reality
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sissa

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 11:36 AM

I moved this to Entertainment. Please, carry on!

Edit: I am in a band in which I sing and play guitar, does that count?
  Send a message via MSN to Sissa  
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Dasha Offline
Dude......woah.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Dasha

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 11:44 AM

I used to sing, not so much anymore though. I twas in a couple musicals and sang with friends in a band, composed a few songs but, haven't recorded the most recent. I should though...

"For is it not death nor dying that I fear. But lack of life and purpose."
-----------
Love what is mortal; hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.
-Mary Oliver
  Send a message via AIM to Dasha Send a message via Yahoo to Dasha Send a message via Skype™ to Dasha 
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
glittermist Offline
Modal Soul
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Lisa

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 01:27 PM

I sing, however not professionally or anything like that. I have days where my voice sucks, and days where it sounds better. It's not amazing or anything but i have improved over the last few years with help from certain people. I would like to persue singing lessons in the future but we'll see how that goes. For now i just sing in my own home - never performed or anything like that(social phobia ).
As for signature songs, i guess i like to sing a lot of Mariah Carey stuff, Lauryn Hill, Amy Winehouse shizz - you know, good female vocalist stuff. But generally i sing along to anything.

& it's just like she's in another world.
[<3]

(#26 (permalink)) Old
The lightgreenness. :D
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 03:08 PM

I've beein in choir for about four years, and I've been singing since I was twelve. I don't really have any song that I love to sing..but that's probably because I can sing low and high, and I'm currently an Alto. I like the lower notes much better than higher ones.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfulseductress View Post
I find the whole "singing lessons" thing to be interesting. like are they supposed to teach you how to sing well? because if you cant sing than you really just cant lol. or are they just to help good singers improve?

Anyways I do sing... and well. I mostly enjoy singing to neo-soul and r&b songs because they work best with my voice but i play around with other genres as well. two of my favorite songs to sing are "the sweetest thing" by lauryn hill && "other side of the game" by erykah badu.
They teach you skills like how to breath deeper and quicker so you have enough breath for parts in songs. I guess you'd have to have a certain amount of singing talent before you take lessons though.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
...and pitchfork red
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Rosary

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 03:22 PM

i sing. i love to sing. i've never had lessons and i have no idea what my range is but ive often been complimented and hey, it's a great way to wind up my older brother xD
as for 'signature song'...i'd like to say it's my self-declared theme tune (paramore, born for this) but i can't go high enough :P so i'll stick with ye olde favourite and say Seasons, Good Charlotte.
=] keep singing, people! x

Have a free hug.

Why be stingy? Take another.

It's gonna be okay.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombini80 View Post
Wow, not much guys here. I do but not in front of people. You can hear it here www.myspace.com/silverstartechno Don't be too rude I'm not incredible

Oooh everyone should try and post some links to songs =P I'd love to hear all your singing voices.
Here's ones that I think are my best
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchan...play/b81185eaa
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchan.../play/b0d84a2e
And here's my signature song, although I have improved greatly at singing it now lol
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchan...play/b7111d3c2

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Zoombini80 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 12th 2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Ghost View Post
Oooh everyone should try and post some links to songs =P I'd love to hear all your singing voices.
Here's ones that I think are my best
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchan...play/b81185eaa
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchan.../play/b0d84a2e
And here's my signature song, although I have improved greatly at singing it now lol
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchan...play/b7111d3c2

Thanks for putting up links to the songs! More people should I agree. The Mariah Carry one is the best of the three, in my opinion. My songs are more keyboard based cause I play it well and only dabble on vocals. People should put some feedback on the linked songs.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
Angilea. Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lea

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 15th 2009, 06:28 PM

I used to sing in my Church [;

There is only one person who could ever
make you happy, and that person is you.

Send a message via MSN to Angilea.  
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
molliegym Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 17th 2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razors_and_rosary View Post
i sing. i love to sing. i've never had lessons and i have no idea what my range is but ive often been complimented and hey, it's a great way to wind up my older brother xD
as for 'signature song'...i'd like to say it's my self-declared theme tune (paramore, born for this) but i can't go high enough :P so i'll stick with ye olde favourite and say Seasons, Good Charlotte.
=] keep singing, people! x
I love that song

I sing, but I wouldn't call myself a trained singer. I sing rock. I guess this video is my favorite performance I've done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv7C_xB6pAM
  Send a message via AIM to molliegym Send a message via MSN to molliegym  
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 17th 2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliegym View Post
I love that song

I sing, but I wouldn't call myself a trained singer. I sing rock. I guess this video is my favorite performance I've done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv7C_xB6pAM
Oooh you have a good voice =]

(#34 (permalink)) Old
NEVERSHOUTNEVER<3
Average Joe

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 17th 2009, 01:37 PM

ive been singing since i could talk:]
its my favorite thing to do:]
hmm i think my sig. song would be
house on pooh corner
taht was the first song i sung when i was little nd ive been singing it ever since.:]

speaking of singing=p
im getting ready to go to my concert thingg.
the place i take singing lessons also teaches like other intraments nd what not.:]
nd every couple of months they pick the kids that come the farthest nd r really good
to entertain a bunch of ppl in the audience:]]]
im kinda skarred=p
=D

how stubborn are the scars when they wont fade away..or just a gentle reminder that now are better days
<3

(#35 (permalink)) Old
Khadra Offline
got hitched!! <3
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathlene

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 17th 2009, 03:19 PM

I'm a pretty strong soprano singer, but my lower register needs work! I was in the school choir for a couple years until we couldn't have one for lack of people. lol Though at one point we only had 6 people in our choir, but we still performed. I think we actually sounded really good together because we all had quite strong voices.

It's not socialism. It's CIVILIZATION.
- a woman from Denmark (the happiest country on Earth)

Once you choose hope, anything is possible - Christopher Reeves

Drop a pm in my box if you ever need anything. I'll always do my best to help! <3

(#36 (permalink)) Old
St.Vincent Offline
Edna
I've been here a while

Name: Edna

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 17th 2009, 03:33 PM

I cannot sing to save my soul. I wish.

I am waylaid by Beauty. Who will walk
Between me and the crying of the frogs?

(My PM box is always open.. if I can't help you, I'll find someone who can)

(#37 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 20th 2009, 08:28 AM

Technically I can't sing but I love it and I have been in choirs in the past. I've always wished that I had a good singing voice, but the choir that I used to be in [school choir] used to do more jokey songs so my voice fitted in :]

(#38 (permalink)) Old
withsugarontop Offline
Me, the one and only
Not a n00b

Name: Francesca

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 24th 2009, 01:01 AM

i love to sing. i dont take singing lessons though. i did when i was like in preschool, but that doesnt count. but i still consider it "professionally" cause i do plan to probably make my career with it. and i used to sing my heart will go on for a long time. but right now, ive been singing officially missing you by tamia alot. and ive started singing tong hua by guang liang. the translated version at least. its a chinese song

I was a dork before it went mainstream
I am, unfortunately, very much obssessed with everything twilight
I am different, unique, I am me, and you cant change that
I WILL become famous one day, anyone who tells me otherwise is a liar
I am pure awesomeness
I am the coolest nerd you will ever meet...ever
I would REALLY love a bouquet of black roses.
I LURVE anime and mangas.

"When other little girls wanted to be ballerinas, I kinda wanted to be a vampire." -Vampire Kisses

(#39 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kady

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 24th 2009, 11:42 AM

i've sang for six years. middle and high school chorus though, no formal lessons.

(#40 (permalink)) Old
LillyImp Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lilly

Re: Does anyone else here sing? - January 24th 2009, 11:57 AM

I've been singing for around two years now, taking vocal lessons. With singing in front of people you just have to relax, realize that it's not a huge deal, and that you'll do great.
I don't have a 'signature' song, but I love acoustic anything.

Closed Thread