TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Technology, Gamers amd Gadgets (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-amd-gadgets/)
-   -   Locked out of Facebook. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-amd-gadgets/t154644-locked-out-facebook/)

DeletedAccount29 January 19th 2018 03:56 PM

Locked out of Facebook.

I tried logging into my personal Facebook account and it says I've been locked out due to suspicious activity. *) But there's been no suspicious activity as far as I know! It's not registered under an email address, it's registered under my phone number because when I created it, my old personal Facebook account hadn't been fully deleted yet so I couldn't use my email address.

I rarely ever use this account (work account and 'online/teenhelp' accounts are used more) but I logged in for the first time in a week or so, and was scrolling through my feed. I messaged someone about a video I watched, and I don't think that's sketchy at all? I mean, I really don't like using Facebook (particularly that account) and try to use it as little as possible.

It won't let me log back in, and I had to use a picture to verify. Now it is saying that they will get back to me, but how? I don't understand what I did wrong, and this is incredibly frustrating!

How long do I have to wait? Will my account get deleted? I really don't want to create what would be my fifth or sixth personal account! :rolleyes:

.Brittany. January 20th 2018 03:32 AM

Re: Locked out of Facebook.

Are you able to do a “forgot my password” if not there should be an option to contact Facebook.

Ditzy Mermaid January 20th 2018 05:30 AM

Hey,
Usually those type of things lock you out for anywhere from 24-72 hours. You don't need to make a new one. The suspicious activity could be the fact that you haven't used it in forever so they thought it got hacked. Honestly just give it a couple of days then try logging in again. Also here is a link I found that explains what to do when you get locked out of Facebook.

I hoped this helped
Your Friend,
Frankie<3

Jess~ January 20th 2018 06:33 AM

That has happened to me several times. I never cared too much to really look into it after the first time it happened, so I don't know if there's anyway to speed up the process. All I know is that, yeah, after about two or three days you can try logging in again and it should work. That's about the time it takes for them to "verify the picture" which seems weird enough on its own. (My facebook doesn't even have a profile picture or pic of me anywhere, so I don't know how a pic is a good way to verify that it's actually me, but whatever.)

It's just a thing that I've kind of accepted that sucks, but at least you can get back in eventually. I have no idea what the suspicious activity could have been though.

So yeah just wait a couple days and try again. If I can remember correctly I don't think they notified me at all when my account was "okay" to use again, so it's up to you to keep trying. The good news is it won't be deleted though.

DeletedAccount29 January 20th 2018 01:05 PM

Thanks for your replies, but I ended up creating a new account.

Wheek! January 21st 2018 06:24 AM

Since you ended up making a new account and I think that was what you did to solve your problem I am going to close this. But if I was wrong and you want it reopened let me know!