TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

View Poll Results: Which Final Fantasy Is your Fav?!
Final Fantasy I(1) 1 4.35%
Final Fantasy II(2) 0 0%
Final Fantasy III(3) 0 0%
Final Fantasy IV(4) 2 8.70%
Final Fantasy V(5) 0 0%
Final Fantasy VI(6) 6 26.09%
Final Fantasy VII(7) 5 21.74%
Final Fantasy VIII(8) 7 30.43%
Final Fantasy IX(9) 4 17.39%
Final Fantasy X(10) 6 26.09%
Final Fantasy X-2 0 0%
Final Fantasy XI 0 0%
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest 1 4.35%
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core 0 0%
Final Fantasy Tatics(Any) 2 8.70%
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles(any) 1 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

FINAL FANTASY! - April 20th 2009, 04:02 PM

What is your fav Final Fantasy? And Why? Tell us why you like it, and give it a personal rating if you want on music, story, character development, anything

My fav would have to be Final Fantasy VII because it had an amazing story line, amazing music, pretty decent graphics for its time... And who could for get the in game clips! But mainly i would say the amazing score is why this is my fav

Storyline 4/5
Character Developemnt 4.5/5
Music score 5/5

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 20th 2009, 04:08 PM

#3 is my Favorite

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Barbed Lungs Offline
Crazy Cat Lady
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicola

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 20th 2009, 04:14 PM

Final Fantasy X is my favourite game, because it's the one I've played the most.
The thing I love about Final Fantasy is the characters! Lulu, Aerith, Auron, Yuna and all the others.

---
- I'm not strong enough to stay away -
- and I wanna leave -
- and I wanna stay -
- And I'm so confused -
- So hard to choose between the pleasure and the pain -
---
  Send a message via MSN to Barbed Lungs  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
NuHalo Offline
Strength.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shaun

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 20th 2009, 07:37 PM

VIII and IX!!!
GO IX GO!!!!!

Click here to PM me any time, I'm here to help you if you want to talk to someone.

Beware lest you lose the substance, by grasping at the shadow. - The Dog and the Shadow, Aesop
  Send a message via MSN to NuHalo  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 20th 2009, 07:58 PM

Gameplay wise I really liked VIII, but IX will always be my fave just because of the story.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jamie Offline
A Tout Le Monde
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jamie

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 20th 2009, 08:03 PM

Only played VII and X, and I prefer VII out of those two.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 20th 2009, 08:18 PM

Final Fantasy VI

Characters were very memorable, and each had their own interesting stories. The game really made each individual character shine, and theres only very few games in which I've seen that happen. Gameplay is also pretty good. The story is beyond what modern games could even HOPE to achieve, as well as the themes it presents....Everything was just done masterfully in this game. Its a truly epic game.

The villain in this game (Kefka) is also what makes this game great. He is arguably one of the most evil and insane antagonists in gaming history.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Pending...Work in progess
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 20th 2009, 10:11 PM

I f**king HATED Final Fantasy II, don't play it. It has a poor storyline, characters aren't that memorable, if you liked character customization, FFII is for you, but beware it's pretty complex and frustrating.

FFVI and FFVIII are the only ones where I've bothered playing again because no one can deny their greatness!

FFX-2 kind of pissed me off too...

FFXI Online was the best when it first came out. How many of you have played that?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 20th 2009, 11:32 PM

Dirge of Cerberus was my favourite.
I'm not much for turn based combat.

I am the Stig's brother in law.

Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Exelus Offline
Aspiring Psychologist
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Russell

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 21st 2009, 12:07 AM

WHY is FF XII not on this list!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!

My favs are FFVI and FF XII.

FFVI because it had one of the greatest soundtracks ever, and it had so many memorable characters with good storylines. The graphics were also top notch, even if most of the enemy sprites never moved.

FFXII was a revolution. It included the first really good storyline (IMHO) since VI, and brought so many new things to the table, you can't turn it down. And the graphics... WOW. Stunning.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. If you still don't succeed, redefine success.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Send a message via MSN to Exelus  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 21st 2009, 12:21 AM

I've played pretty much everything up to VIII (and some of Mystic Quest and some of Tactics, but none of the extra bits of VII), but nothing afterwards because I never got a PS2. They were all good, except Mystic Quest which was terrible (seriously, it played like fanfiction reads), although VI and VIII were the ones that really stood out for me. I kind of liked VII too, but I thought it was a bit overrated. Still the one I liked best after my two favourites, though.

Music-wise, though (and the music in Final Fantasy is probably my favourite part) V is probably my favourite.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 21st 2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exelus View Post
WHY is FF XII not on this list!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!
My bad! Will ad that right now Any others iam missing? give me a call xD

Edit:... How do you add to the polls? xD

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  Send a message via MSN to lost_chil Send a message via Skype™ to lost_chil 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 22nd 2009, 12:09 PM

I've only ever played on FF4 so I don't have any other preferences.

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
msbunnykins Offline
Obsessive cat owner.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 22nd 2009, 01:22 PM

Okay, I did pick two because I had the option, but I do like 8 slightly more than 10.

As to why I like 8 and 10...
8 was the first Final Fantasy I ever played, so I think it holds some nostalgia for me. Also, characters are very easy to feel connected with. Plus, it has a lot to do with time, so it gives the game a "history", which always adds more to a game. The system was very easy to use, and I just like the feel to it.

As for 10, I think the story line is so strong, and it really moves me. I feel extremely connected to the characters, and the ending kills me every time. The music is outstanding, the graphics are good. Sure, some of the dialog gets a little awkward (the laughing scene in Luca... ahhh!!!) but overall, it was a beautiful adventure, and I love the game. But, the system really did suck, I can not stand the sphere grid and it's what's putting me off from playing it again.

Now, that being said, I do also really love 9... but I already voted, and I don't think voting for three would pretty be fair, so I just picked my top too. 12 is a good game play, very fun to play and the system friggin rocks, there's a lot to do, but the characters are very bland. And as for 7, I did enjoy it, but I do not by any means think it's the greatest, I think it's very overrated. The older ones I've only played maybe 5 hours to, but I do own all of the "mine line" Final Fantasies as well as tactics and tactics advance (don't like the tactics), and I owned Crystal Chronicals but it sucked so bad I traded it for Animal Crossing, hahahaha. Phew, the end.

P.S; Final Fantasy X-2 is not a Final Fantasy to me. It's puke in a game case.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 24th 2009, 11:49 AM

I liked VI-IX...
That was the peak, and each of those games were brilliant for their own reasons...

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Tim Offline
Always Fresh
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tim

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 25th 2009, 01:30 AM

VII, by far the best

The modern ones seem to have lost the magic of back then for some reason, cant seem to bring myself to reapproach it since its changed..

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Exelus Offline
Aspiring Psychologist
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Russell

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 25th 2009, 02:45 AM

To all of you posting your faves... It seems to me that you guys haven't played them all. Let me give you some of my lerninz.

I've not played VII extensively, but I've played it enough to know that VIII was just a copy of VII with better graphics. I played FF VIII to the end, and I wasn't wowed that much. Probably the most interesting part of the game is when Odin gets nailed. And then gets replaced with a WORSE character, which really stunk. Really, the GF system wasn't that great, and the game itself didn't feel original. I never played IX, but I hear it was pretty good.

As for you FF Xers... PLEASE pick up FF XII. FFX is like the black sheep of all Final Fantasy, especially after FFX-2. The reason for this is that the storyline was kinda convoluted, the level up/ ability system was too crazy, and the sidequests seemed more important than the game at times. The graphics were great, yes, but this game didn't bring a single step forward in terms of gameplay except maybe blitzball, and this is a genre that has long since needed a breath of fresh air. FFX was simply every other FF before it recycled to look as pretty as possible. That still makes it recycled waste material though.

FF XII... Where do I begin? For a PS2 game, I found myself at a loss for words at how beautiful this game looks. It brings a tear to your eye. Everything was so beautiful... The environments, the cut scenes, the characters... It was all so PERFECT. The new battle system... WHOA. Real time fighting? THIS was the step forward that was needed. No more random encounters is awesome... But the new battle system is simply too sweet to be put into words. Take my word for it, it is EXACTLY what you want. No more having to switch command menus like crazy, no more waiting on stuff, no more stationary characters. You affect the battle in real time, as its happening. And for that matter, YOU GET GAMBITS. What are gambits? They allow you to program 'AI' into your party members so you don't have to chose commands for them. It will make you angry that other games don't have this. You can fully customize exactly what your party members do in virtually every conceivable situation. Dead useful during a real time battle, no?

Furthermore, the characters seem to have a different spark than all the other games. The storyline in general is one of the best I've seen. Its much more mature and reasonable than some of the others in the series. The characters seem to come to life in new ways unseen since the days of FFVI and VII. The skill system is also really cool too. In other games, certain characters were required to use certain weapons and equipment. Here, you can give anything to any character, even though you're given a push in the right direction for what they should use. Overall, I think FF XII is at least tied for best in the series. If you haven't played it, you CANNOT make the claim that it isn't as good as FF (insert number here), because it is. I guarantee it.

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. If you still don't succeed, redefine success.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Send a message via MSN to Exelus  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 25th 2009, 04:32 AM

Exelus: I feel almost the EXACT opposite of how you feel about FFXII..

The gameplay sucked, the story sucked, the characters sucked and felt extremely bland to me....Its the only FF game I've played that I didn't even bother to finish. I gave it another chance recently, and I stopped even earlier in....Its just not as immersive as the past FFs were...All in all, I was MASSIVELY dissapointed with FFXII.

But I guess everyone has their opinion....FFXII doesn't even touch how great FFVI was...

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 25th 2009, 11:17 AM

I have to agree...I just couldn't get into XII...the gameplay was fun and quite innovative, and having a new cast of summons was quite welcome, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the other games, it didn't have me truely feeling for the characters, and everything felt very generic...

Also, X was good, I liked it and enjoyed it, the story was enthralling... I mean, it didn't reach the heights that the previous games did, but still, it was amazing.

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
msbunnykins Offline
Obsessive cat owner.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 26th 2009, 08:14 PM

I agree with what you said about the system of XII, Exelus, but not what you had to say about the "spark" of the characters. I found them to be extremely dull, and the story line to be drawn out and pointless. "Oh, I'm going to go get this crystal.. and oh.... I need this other crystal.... and oh, I got caught in an airship for the 500th time.... blah blah blah" It just didn't have any meaning to me, and I didn't relate or care about the characters what so ever, especially Vann. The ability system was nice, the hunts were fun, and the gambit system rocked. But, it just seemed like a well build cardboard box to me.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
av8tr09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 28th 2009, 03:36 PM

FFVII brings back awesome memories. Me and my brother used to play it for hours upon hours over the summer back in the day.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Oracle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: FINAL FANTASY! - April 30th 2009, 08:04 AM

God I love VIII I've played through it like 4 times now

Closed Thread