TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
flacaruedas Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

E-mail - March 23rd 2016, 12:36 PM

When i try to send a document with send email from ms word, lotus notes does'nt open and i have an error message
LOTUS NOTES MAILMAN ERROR
All help would be appreciated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: E-mail - March 25th 2016, 06:06 PM

I did a little research on what "lotus notes" is, I think I understand what it is and I can understand how Microsoft word is different because lotus notes can do multiple tasks as a whole. It's impressive that a system can do so much. From my understanding you can code what you want to happen and how it happens, how you can change things, rewrite the system itself, whereas with word you can't do that cause it's already built in.

I know how frustrating that is when something isn't sending. Have you checked the wording and coding on the system? Have you done some research on lotus note before using it? If so, I'd recommend checking out there FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) or consult them for suggestions.

Have you checked to see it's all synced correctly? There might be an option or setting you need to change or reword. To me the entire lotus notes you can do whatever you'd wish with it by rewording the coding so that it's working to what you want and how it works.

Are you familiar with coding? If you aren't familiar is it possible to ask someone who might know or switching to another program or app. I know there are tons of different things out there and I haven't found my ultimate planner (calendar), notes, word, in other things in one yet. But you can do some research and see what you can find if you are unable to sort out lotus notes.

If you need anything else feel free to reply.
Take care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: E-mail - March 29th 2016, 12:22 PM

Hi,
Here is the solution that works.
The installation parameters is essential to get the Notes installation working. In this case of "Mailman error" the solution is to put citrix=1 in the end of the installations options.

Our installation look like this:

chgusr /install

msiexec /i "\\dkccm001\packagesource$\LotusNotes851\SP0\L otus Notes 8.5.1.msi" TRANSFORMS="\\dkccm001\packagesource$\LotusNotes85 1\SP0\Lotus Notes 8.5.1.mst" /qr+ SETMULTIUSER=1 MULTIUSERBASEDIR="C:\Documents and Settings\!UserName!\Application Data" MULTIUSERCOMMONDIR="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data" CITRIX=1

"\\dkccm001\packagesource$\LotusNotes851_FIX\SP0\L otusNotes851_FIX3\lotus_notes851FP3_basic_win.exe" /NOUSER
copy \\dkwds001\software$\Citrix\Software\Notes_851\not esconfig.txt "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data" /Y
chgusr /execute

The file notesconfig.txt contains this:

Domino.Name=dknts001
Username=%UserName%
KeyFilename=C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data\%UserName%.id
Directory=C:\Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Application Data\Lotus\Notes\Data

The trick with notesconfig.txt help to setup new users that have no notes.ini jet, so there is only the Notes password to enter for new users.

I have put some more information into this post and I hope this also can help other to get a better Notes installation than you can get from IBM web site or the default installation. If you are still experiencing the issue I can suggest this program Recovery Toolbox for Lotus Notes
https://recoverytoolbox.com/lotusnotes.html

Closed Thread