TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NeonFire Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: You can call me Lynn

Laptop hunting - April 21st 2016, 03:56 PM

So I'm looking to upgrade from my craptop... I'm looking for something that I can play some games- mainly Minecraft, warframe, and hopefully No Man's Sky- and that i can get school work done on...buuut I'm not sure what to get. Looks aren't all that important and I'm not sure on a price range either. I'd really like suggestions

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
Creator of my own world...

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Court

Re: Laptop hunting - April 21st 2016, 06:11 PM

I have an Asus laptop with windows 10 and 1TB of memory, and love it. I got it off of a website that let me make payments on it monthly, like 100 dollars a month, but that website does have cheaper laptops, as I'm sure a lot of other websites do.

I love mine, I installed a writing program onto it and as well as wizard101, and I allow my sister to play MineCraft on it. It does everything I want it to do and then some.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Laptop hunting - April 22nd 2016, 03:02 AM

ASUS is a good brand. I have one and I believe it has 1TB of memory, is touch screen/tablet as well. I don't use the tablet feature but it's cool to have. You can look on amazon for computers.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MrCross Offline
The Enlightened
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andy

Re: Laptop hunting - April 22nd 2016, 02:08 PM

I would suggest Alien ware if price isn't a big thing. Its largely a laptop made for gaming and can also be heavily used for work as well. I got one and have never looked back sense. Happy hunting!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Laptop hunting - April 23rd 2016, 12:26 AM

I asked my boyfriend about this just now and he said the Asus G752 is really good. Its the new one they have.

If you could build your own computer that would probably be better but if you don't want a desktop then you should consider that one.

He says alien ware is extremely overpriced.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Laptop hunting - April 24th 2016, 02:51 AM

I have an acer v17 nitro and it's the best thing I ever bought. Plays any game I want it too, although I tend not to play things that are too intense. Plays minecraft fab though

Take as long as you need.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Laptop hunting - April 24th 2016, 02:10 PM

I'd recommend the new generation Skylake processors, graphics cards, etc.

It may be just slightly more expensive, but it really does pay off. I'm not sure I can recommend a specific laptop model though. I got myself Dell Precision 7510 recently... which is kind of... yeah. Not really meant for games, although it handles them well. It is more of a business model, than a consumer model. Perhaps XPS or Latitude would be better for you.

Dell customer service is some of the best apparently. Certainly better than Acer which I had before. Jesus Christ Acer customer support... fuck. Bad memories. Acer laptop was good value for money though, I suppose at the expense of customer support. lol

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Laptop hunting - April 25th 2016, 07:00 PM

Acer, Asus and Dell are good brands to look into. Take note of laptop specifications as that will help you determine which ones will be better able to run certain games.

Also, if you're going to be shopping in-store, talk to the salesperson about what you're looking for in a laptop/what you're going to be using it for, and they'll be able to make recommendations.

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

Closed Thread