TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Opinions on Windows 10. - July 1st 2016, 03:58 AM

So I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I accidentally gave myself a virus before I installed my anti virus and had to restore it, erp. I'm adjusting to it and it's not too bad, to say the least.

Anyway, if anyone else has it, how do you like it? Anything you'd recommend?

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Maddy01 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 1st 2016, 03:03 PM

I have 8 and 10 on different laptops and give me 8 anyday

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 2nd 2016, 07:42 PM

Honestly I don't really mind it. I only had 8 for a short period of time before I updated and before then I had vista (My laptop was SUPER old.) I don't see much of a difference between the two. But I like 10 fine, and a lot better than vista.

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 4th 2016, 01:19 AM

My laptop has 8 and my dad's desktop has 10. Honestly having used both I don't really have an opinion and don't really care. I'm just not upgrading my laptop because I don't want to slow it down or something

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 4th 2016, 01:25 AM

I despise 8, I refused to ever have it on my computer. I preferred 7, but my computer died and I had to get a new one and it came with windows 10. I don't like that they try to make you sign in with a google account, it took a lot of clicking around to figure out how to do it without an account. I don't like that google is forcing users to update to 10. And while I have no idea if it's true or just rumors, but I've heard that they plan on making people pay for the updates now. As far as interface, I still prefer 7 by far but since I was forced to get 10 I'll adjust.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 4th 2016, 07:17 AM

I have Windows 8 and I like it.

I've heard negative reviews about Windows 10 but I personally haven't tried it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
words MEAN things

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 10th 2016, 11:48 PM

I'll put it this way: I have never liked Windows 8, but after upgrading to Windows 10 I disliked that so much that I downgraded back to Windows 8. I loved Windows 7 and even Vista (feel free to judge me for that), but Windows 10 just didn't feel comfortable for me.

just because it hurts to go on
doesn't mean the battle can't still be won
;

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 11th 2016, 06:20 AM

For me personally I'm a OS X fan but Windows is an amazing operating system and is developed by one of the best computer software company's in the world. Windows is the most used platform it opens up so many people's lives and the Microsoft cloud truly helps saves life's by helping cancer research. So year it's amazing and I love using it plus it has its own mobile platform which is really evolving and coming in to its own!

(#9 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 17th 2016, 04:41 AM

Just to say, after using Windows 10 for nearing three weeks, I recently acquired a Windows 8 laptop. I couldn't stand it after having Windows 10. While I'm forever a Mac OS X fan, I can't always afford my preferences. Windows 10 is definitely better. Mostly because it's slightly (I said slightly, Chess) similar to Windows 7 and definitely more so than Windows 8 is.

And a tip for anyone that upgrades~ If you're definitely not going to switch back to whatever Window OS you had previously, run the Disk Cleanup app and delete all the unnecessary files. Check all those dang boxes. You won't need that stuff. My Disk, Memory, and CPU percentages were all above at least 75% before I did so. I did not know this, but I Google things.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 25th 2016, 07:22 PM

Sorry to bump this up, but I need to upgrade Norton Antivirus and I want to try Windows 10 out. Do I purchase a new year-long subscription, then upgrade? If I do so, and then hate Windows 10, can I go back to Windows 8 and still have the current subscription of Norton Antivirus? Will I need to re-install it?

Also, for those that said they hated Windows 10, what exactly do you hate about it?

(#11 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 25th 2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer. View Post
Sorry to bump this up, but I need to upgrade Norton Antivirus and I want to try Windows 10 out. Do I purchase a new year-long subscription, then upgrade? If I do so, and then hate Windows 10, can I go back to Windows 8 and still have the current subscription of Norton Antivirus? Will I need to re-install it?

Also, for those that said they hated Windows 10, what exactly do you hate about it?

My boyfriend says that with Windows 10 you probably don't need an Antivirus because windows defender is pretty decent at what it does.

I mean, if you'd feel safer that's fine but it does protect your computer and will do updates and will notify you if anything looks suspicious.

Edit: I'd like to add that my boyfriend works with computers and has for the past twenty years. He does know what he's talking about. He doesn't use anything but defender and has never had a problem. If you'd still feel safer getting Antivirus you can but it's not necessary.

Also, if you are gonna get an Antivirus you should stay away from Norton and McAfee. Norton's software is bad and isn't good at keeping things up to date. So, some good ones to get are Bitdefender and it's 30 bucks. Best one for Windows. .

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; July 25th 2016 at 11:34 PM.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 25th 2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Windows Defender is good, but you should still use an antivirus program. You can buy your antivirus before or after, doesn't really matter. It will work for Windows 8 or 10 and you won't need a separate subscription. If you don't like Windows 10 you can go back to Windows 8 at any time.

Just as a kind of warning, after you upgrade your computer will probably be kind of slow. I'd look around to see if you like the features of 10 after you upgrade. If you do like it enough to want to keep the upgrade, then run the Disk Cleanup app to delete the Windows 8 files since you won't need them and they're just slowing things down.

If you buy and install your antivirus before you upgrade you might need to reinstall, but I don't *think* you would because it carries over all of your files, programs, and apps from 8 to 10.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 26th 2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I have windows 10 and Norton, and it was a little bit of a bother, but I'm not sure if that was because I upgraded to windows 10 straight away. I think it was better to install windows 10 first, then upgrade Norton (I think, not sure...or uninstall Norton, upgrade to windows 10, reinstall Norton...do this from your online Norton account...something like manage subscriptions and delete it from there). Either way, you can always go back to windows 8 (I think it gives you a month to change your mind) and though you may have to reinstall Norton, it'll still work either on 10 or 8.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I can’t help, I’m always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: Opinions on Windows 10. - July 29th 2016, 06:57 AM

I upgraded my tablet to Windows 10 and it runs amazing. It actually made my tablet run quicker which I was surprised about. My computer has Windows 10 on. I don't think I would part with it now.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
Closed Thread