TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stormblade Offline
The Cool Half
Not a n00b

Name: Logan

In Verbis Virtus (PC) - September 5th 2016, 10:45 PM

hey hEY HEY let's talk about VIDEO GAMES

So Steam is totally full of awesome games that don't get anywhere near enough recognition for how amazingly good they are, and that kind of sucks. So, I figured I'd make a post here to talk about one of those games in particular.

In Verbis Virtus is an awesome little game released in early April of last year. It was developed and published by Indomitus Games, an independent team of Italian game designers. It's a first-person, mostly adventure/puzzle game, but it's got some action bits, too. There's a fair amount of enemies and a couple boss battles. The setting of the game (for the most part) is an enormous old forgotten temple in the middle of nowhere. You play as a character who's usually just referred to as "pilgrim", a wizard in search of an ancient power.

The game is very immersive. It has an absolutely beautiful atmosphere. Y'know those times when you're playing a game and you walk into a new area and you can't help but just look all around you and go, "whoa"? Yeah, there's a lot of those times in IVV. The most immersive aspect of the game is probably the spellcasting. You're a wizard, so of course there's gonna be spellcasting. Thing is, though, much unlike a lot of other games where you have an assigned key to cast spell A and another to cast spell B, or you have a set of keys with assigned spell properties to combine and make different spells, IVV's spellcasting works on a mechanic of voice recognition. Yes indeed, you use your real voice to cast the spells in the game. The spells aren't English, either. I mean, you have the option of using the English name for the spells, which might be easier for some people, but it doesn't feel nearly as cool. The spells are in a language called "Maha'ki", which, in the game, is the language of the Old Gods. So, you could use the spell's English names, like "teleport" or "heal", or you could be a super awesome wizard dude and say it like "namet atul" or "yegah mideh". This voice recognition mechanic also works really well. It's pretty forgiving, so as long as you're actually trying to say the name of the spell correctly, it'll cast it. When you're super confident in your spellcasting ability, you'll be able to rifle off spells like nobody's business (which you'll definitely need to do for a few fights).

The game might take the average dude somewhere around fifteen-twenty hours to complete, but it'll vary depending on your aptitude for puzzles and action-packed magical combat. It would also change if you're the cheaty-cheater type and you want to use a walkthrough. There's only three chapters, but the second chapter is, like, three times as long as the first, and the third is about three times as long as the second. The spells and enemies of the game are pretty cool, but there's not a ridiculous amount of either of those. I think there's, like, ten spells, but that might be a good thing, because too many spells would get pretty tedious to memorize. There's only a handful of different enemies, but the game isn't really about the combat anyway, so that's alright. Also, your first encounter with a Saevar is like the second-scariest thing in any video game ever (behind that keyhole in the 2014 Thief reboot), especially if you don't notice it at first. There's a few spooky monsters, but it's not a scary game, by any means.

So yes, In Verbis Virtus is a game I very much enjoy. The score I give it is a perfect 5/7. While I doubt anyone else here has played this game (or even heard of it), if you have, what do you think of it? And if anyone picks it up, be sure to tell me what you think of it then. Oh and if you get stuck on a puzzle, don't hesitate to PM me. I'd be glad to help.

Thank you and goodnight.

Last edited by Stormblade; September 6th 2016 at 02:47 PM.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Stormblade 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: In Verbis Virtus (PC) - September 6th 2016, 05:27 AM

This sounds like a really cool game. I can't actually play it as my computer isn't built for gaming, but I might look into it when I get a new one.

Sidenote: did you know that you can write video game reviews as part of our Articles team? Doesn't that seem like fun?

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: In Verbis Virtus (PC) - September 6th 2016, 05:34 AM

It does seem pretty groovy. I will put it on my list of Games I want to play when I get a gaming computer because I'm always looking for good ones to check out.

I second what Chess said about writing an article about it. You could go more in-depth on all the cool stuff in it.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

Closed Thread