TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Chat? - May 19th 2017, 02:18 AM

Apparently Firefox doesn't support java plug ins anymore which means I cannot get into chat....I know chrome doesn't support it, neither does my edge browser on my windows ten...How am I going to be able to do my staff duties...I will not use internet explorer.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

Last edited by Fading Light.; May 19th 2017 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Moving to appropriate forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Chat? - May 19th 2017, 02:23 AM

This has already been brought up, and some good points were made in this thread. If you're not willing to use Internet Explorer and can't find another solution, then you may need to look at switching to a staff position that doesn't require you to be in Chat. I for one have started using IE for Chat and it's worked fine for me so far, and it's not that inconvenient.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: Chat? - May 19th 2017, 03:13 AM

I can't get in on my laptop because it's a Mac and I can't download internet explorer. If you have the option of downloading interet explorer you should at least give it a chance. Firefox doesn't work with the new update but the link that Chess gave you explains how you can download the previous version (which does work). My iMac however lets me on with firefox because it did not download the newer version.

I can use this link to get on though! It's the mobile version and it works on my macbook.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Chat? - May 19th 2017, 03:23 AM

I definitely suggest checking out the other thread on this issue that Chess linked to. To sum the thread up, there are not currently many options besides downloading the extended support version of Firefox, using an older version of Firefox, mobile Chat, or Internet Explorer. Personally, I will enter Chat from Internet Explorer and then click on the pop-up button which will open Chat in it's own little window instead of being in the main IE tab and then I'll close the main IE window. Then I continue doing what I was over in Firefox or Google Chrome. You can't even really tell it's a different browser, honestly.

In regards to Staff duties, I would message Robin/Dez to see what you can do in your current role(s) without being active in the Chat Room. You could also consider switching primaries, as Chess mentioned. I really suggest you message Robin or Dez about it though because only they can tell you for sure what your options are.

Since there's not really any other solutions beside what was mentioned in the other thread and has been summed up here, I'm going to close this thread. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

Closed Thread