TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Onism. Offline
It was so easy.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Mac freezing often after newest MacOS High Sierra update - December 7th 2017, 04:21 AM

I updated my Mac to MacOS High Sierra and it has been freezing every few minutes which makes it impossible to get everything done. The rainbow loading wheel will come up and it'll freeze for at least 10 or more seconds before coming back. My laptop has also slowed down in general.

I don't know if I suddenly have too much stuff saved on my laptop or what although I haven't really saved much recently so I just tried deleting tons of stuff to see if that helps and am looking into an external hard drive for Christmas. 90% of what I have saved is Word Documents. But I don't know why it'd make a difference from one day to the next.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what they've done.

EDIT: Nope, it's not excess files. I just deleted most of them and the issue remains.

It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song
You can't believe it
You were always singing along

Last edited by Onism.; December 7th 2017 at 05:48 AM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Onism. Send a message via Skype™ to Onism. 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Mac freezing often after newest MacOS High Sierra update - December 8th 2017, 02:30 AM

Hey,

This is a problem that people have been having. Have you tried googling it? I don't know much about Mac products or how to help but I did find a few articles that might be of help.

Here is one that talks about a 'root' bug:

https://www.wired.com/story/macos-up...oot-bug-patch/

Here is one about freezing:

https://www.howtoisolve.com/mac-free...-update-login/

There also seemed to be some forum based questions and answers (some through the official apple site or something like that?). So, you might try checking those out. I just typed in 'mac os high sierra problems' or 'freezing'.

It seems like you might have tried some of the things suggested but I am not 100% certain.

If all else fails you might want to call or take it into the Apple store and see if they can help you out.

I am sorry I can't really offer much more. I was waiting to see if others would respond with things they had tried instead of me linking you to articles.

I hope that these at least help you out a bit.

Do you love books or are you having trouble finding books to read? Come check out my blog where I will discuss all things books:
https://abibliophobe1989.wordpress.com/blog/
If you like what you see please follow!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ayurnamat. Offline
✞Faith can move mountains✞

Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi

Re: Mac freezing often after newest MacOS High Sierra update - December 8th 2017, 03:12 AM

Hey! Not sure of how much help I will be because Iím not having any issues with the update but I can try. Iíve updated both my iMac and my MacBook and itís been running perfectly for me as well as all the other devices at my house that we updated. I would recommend looking at the various Apple forums or the help section of the official Apple site. I found a few people discussing problems that sound similar to yours. I wonít link them but if you search up ę*OS High Sierra freezing*Ľ there will be some helpful threads.

If you arenít able to figure out a solution then I would highly recommend to bring it into an Apple store or even an authorized seller. They will be able to help better since theyíll be able to look at it directly and be aware of how to fix it or what you can do to help it. I find that theyíve been helpful with my issues when I bring something in.

From what I have read, it could be a compatibility issue or even bug from third party applications or in the core system software. You can check out this site to see if it might help you or the second link that Jenna posted.

Hope you manage to figure it out!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Remedial Diary

I can't get enough

Re: Mac freezing often after newest MacOS High Sierra update - December 8th 2017, 10:05 PM

I updated it and haven't seen any new issues. One thing I noticed when shutting off and turning back on, it takes about three minutes to come on, other than that I have seen the wheel once but that was because my laptop was in "sleep mode" and basically just waking up and I was asking my laptop a lot at once. Does this happen for you? When you wake your laptop and you go straight into things without it fully waking up?

I am getting used to the update. My files look weird, interface looks weird, and things have changed... but I haven't had much issues, only turning my laptop on as it loads differently now.

Article Editor - Mind and Body | Join the Artcles Team
Newsletter Editor | Chat Mod
Forum Mod - Substance Use, Lifestyle, Current Events and Debates