TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Upgrading SIM card. - May 15th 2018, 01:11 AM

I recently upgraded from a Galaxy S4 (I know, it's ancient) to a Galaxy S7 Edge. I bought the phone used and didn't realize that it uses a nano SIM while the S4 uses a micro SIM. Is there a way for me to upgrade my card without having to go through my carrier to do it? I'm not the primary account holder, which means I'm not able to make any purchases for the account without my father present and trying to coordinate scheduling with him is nearly impossible. I'd like to keep my current phone number, so is there another route I can take?

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Upgrading SIM card. - May 15th 2018, 01:48 AM

You might be able to have it done over the phone. I am on my dad's account and we have had to upgrade SIM cards and we were able to do it over the phone. This was helpful because they seemed to have later hours so we were able to do it after my dad got off work. It might be possible for your dad to set it up over the phone or he might be able to call them and give them permission to speak with you in order to set it up.

I am not sure if there is any way to do it without your carrier. If there is I hope other people will be able to help with that.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celestine. Offline
✞Faith can move mountains✞
Outside, huh?

Re: Upgrading SIM card. - May 15th 2018, 02:15 AM

Hey, not sure what carrier youíre with and if itís different where you live.

With my carrier, Iím not the primary account holder but I have been able to on several occasions go into any Telus store and buy a SIM card. I havenít ever been asked about the account information when I buy it. All I get asked if I want to activate it there and I say no. Then all I have to do is log into the account on the website (at home) and transfer the numbers (Old and new SIM card). Thereís an option to do it over the phone as well but itís way easier to just do it online.

Iím not sure how it works with your carrier but I know itís possible for me to keep my number. Iíve had my number since I got my first phone so many years ago.

Last edited by Celestine.; May 15th 2018 at 02:47 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Aca-awkward Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Upgrading SIM card. - May 15th 2018, 02:40 AM

Hey,
So there may be away you can go into the store and get this done. I know with metro and Verizon as long as you know the password or code you are able to do stuff with the account. So maybe call your dad and ask him if you can have that information so you can get this sorted out. I know when I bought my new phone all I had to do was give the password and then I could buy it, same with switching my sister to the account.

I hope you get this figured out soon.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3

I got my ticket for the long way Ďround
Two bottle Ďa whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And Iím leaving tomorrow, wha-do-ya say?

|Member 2007||Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders|
|PM/VM|

Closed Thread