TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
icedoverfire Offline
call me ice =)
Average Joe

Name: Ankur

In the market for an Xbox 360 game: RE5 or Assassin's Creed? - May 28th 2009, 03:28 AM

Hi folks,

Need a little help deciding which one to get. I need something that'll help me keep my sanity betweeen OChem + MCAT class...

Personally, I'm not sure about getting RE5 b/c they say that RE6 will be a complete reboot of the series.
I've heard good things about Assassin's Creed as well.

Thoughts/Opinions?

Thanks,

-ice

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Deep Brown Eyes Offline
Hic Sunt Dracones
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: In the market for an Xbox 360 game: RE5 or Assassin's Creed? - May 28th 2009, 08:39 AM

I played AC on my computer and enjoyed it. The graphic detail was great and the gameplay was brilliant. The only thing I didn't really like was the long periods of time between action, and that it was quite an intense game in the sense that you had to think and plan your actions carefully.

RE5, I played on the 360, graphics in the cutscenes was off-the-hook. During the game...Not so much - Seems as though someone had left the anti-aliasing off, and collision detection was really quite poor. The advantage is that it's more a shooter with a lot of fast-paced action. Not very scary though. Also, you can play the game online in co-op mode, so you can literally go through the entire story mode with a friend on Live, or a random stranger.

Hope that helps.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
freelancertex78 Offline
Resident Neuro Nerd
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: In the market for an Xbox 360 game: RE5 or Assassin's Creed? - May 28th 2009, 06:45 PM

I'm a huge fan of Assassin's Creed. I'm addicted to it. The gameplay is great and so are the graphics.

As for Resident Evil 5, I've heard mixed reviews. I haven't personally played or seen the game, so my opinion isn't well educated here.

But I say go for Assassin's Creed. It's a really good game.

I'd sing you a song, but I'm feeling quite off
in my heart; it's occupied,

and now's not the time.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: In the market for an Xbox 360 game: RE5 or Assassin's Creed? - May 28th 2009, 09:17 PM

I'm playing Resident Evil 5 right now, albeit on the PS3.

I didn't really enjoy the storyline of the game. While playing the game a second time around now, I'm finding it to be very tedious. I think The Mercenaries mode is pretty cool (taking down as many zombies as you can in a set amount of time). The assortment of weapons available is quite nice as well.

I've not played Assassin's Creed, but I've heard good things about it from friends.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: In the market for an Xbox 360 game: RE5 or Assassin's Creed? - May 29th 2009, 03:16 AM

I liked RE5 much more then Assassin's Creed.

I'm sorry to say, but AC sucked. Gameplay wasn't great, and it was way too repetitive. By the third or fourth assassination I was already getting bored of it. I played through it once, and haven't touched it since....It's a very pretty game though. I'll give it that.

RE5 felt more fresh, and had more replayability to it than AC did....However, your AI partner (she's with you the entire damn game) can be pretty stupid. She wastes ammo like candy, and wastes healing items even if you manage to stub your toe. If you have Live, I highly recommend getting a human partner to play with.

Both games have their own weaknesses, but I feel RE5 was a better game.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Mitch

Re: In the market for an Xbox 360 game: RE5 or Assassin's Creed? - May 31st 2009, 12:08 PM

I recently bought RE5, and can say with certainty that its just not as great a game as its cracked up to be. Poor player control and poor gameplay.

Assassin's Creed, however, I loved. <3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Gitler Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: B

Re: In the market for an Xbox 360 game: RE5 or Assassin's Creed? - May 31st 2009, 12:36 PM

Assassins Creed and RE5 were awesome games.

Assassins Creed
Good
- Enjoyable Plot, Free and Open(relatively), Dynamic Fighting, Cool
Bad
-"Go kill this guy, OK good now go kill this guy, OK good now go kill this guy, etc etc (gets a tad repetitive)... also No Co Op

RE5
Good
- Pulse Pounding, Scary, Good Plot(for a zombie game..yes it is different), Co Op, In your face gameplay (could be a "bad" if you adored the creepiness of RE4..since RE5 lacks it)
Bad
-Annoying camera angles, You have to stop to shoot...why...

In all honesty I play Assassins Creed more

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: In the market for an Xbox 360 game: RE5 or Assassin's Creed? - May 31st 2009, 12:36 PM

RE5 was great. I've played it through 3 times and enjoyed it each time, the graphics of the game and the cut scenes are great. And as for the controls they're the same as all the other resi games so you can't really blame them for the controls (the whole "stop and shoot" control thing is a large part of why the game is actually difficult, fun and adrenaline releasing). It also has the only AI character who assists you in any game that actually has decent AI and doesn't just act like an idiot. Also the mercenaries mini game, the unlockable equipment and costumes and the 2 player co-op (on mercenaries and the main game) all make it a great game for replaying and time wasting. Maybe not as engaging a storyline as the other resident evils but it's still a good game.

Assassin's Creed was good too. It has great graphics and really fun controls. The free-running is incredibly fun. However, the game gets SO SO SO repetitive and dull. I'm a massive fan of everything to do with that period of history and even I got bored eventually. All the missions are pretty much completed the same way in the end no matter how you go about doing it. It also ends very abruptly. However it might be worth getting if you intend to get the second one (coming out soon..ish) as you'll need the first one to understand the second one. You also complete it very very very quickly, not a long lasting game.

Last edited by Jack; June 1st 2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Correcting a MASSIVE typo.

Closed Thread