TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
I will help all some how
Not a n00b

Name: Craig

xbox 360 - June 24th 2009, 09:18 PM

ok i'm a pretty serious gamer all day and night i'm on the xbox and my first one died after getting the "red ring of death" i dont really know what it is i just know it killed my xbox and now the one i have now is starting to go so i dont know if i'm just unlucky other people have that happend to there xboxes any advice on how to fix this problem?

What is essential? It's invisible to the eye! It's only with the heart, that
you can see rightly...

Love in a woman's heart
I wanna have the whole and not a part
Strange that this feeling grows more and more
'Cause I've never loved someone like you before
  Send a message via MSN to SecretsLiesInTheseEyes Send a message via Skype™ to SecretsLiesInTheseEyes 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: xbox 360 - June 24th 2009, 09:46 PM

It's not really anything you did, it's just a defective machine. Call the technical support and tell them that you got it. They should send a box for you to pack it in and get it fixed for free. Still sucks for it to happen though, doesn't it? At least they're willing to fix it for you, which is nice.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I will help all some how
Not a n00b

Re: xbox 360 - June 24th 2009, 09:53 PM

yeah it is its more annoing than anything else i've been told by a friend that its a defect that every 360 has built in to it but if thats the case why did thay put it on sale?

you can see rightly...

Love in a woman's heart
  Send a message via MSN to SecretsLiesInTheseEyes Send a message via Skype™ to SecretsLiesInTheseEyes 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: xbox 360 - June 25th 2009, 02:15 AM

well, it was for a number of reasons but the main one was that by releasing the console a whole year before the competitors Wii and PS3, they built up a large install base. The problem was that they had less time to make sure everything worked. It's basically caused by the console overheating, which is a result of the graphics chip. Microsoft decided to build the graphics chip themselves to save money, and after the majority experienced RROD, they went to an ASIC vendor.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: xbox 360 - June 25th 2009, 02:54 AM

It's M$'s fault.

Walk up to Bill Gates, and give him a nice swift kick in the balls. It's really the best you can do.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: xbox 360 - June 25th 2009, 06:14 AM

As for the red ring of death, just google it and it should come up with the home page that has information as to what you should do. Mine got it not too long ago and all i had to do was mail it in and wait for about a week. The upside is that you get a free month of live for the inconvenience

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#7 (permalink)) Old
KnightSniper Offline
Supreme Geek
Average Joe

Name: Josh

Re: xbox 360 - June 25th 2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugez View Post
It's M$'s fault.

Walk up to Bill Gates, and give him a nice swift kick in the balls. It's really the best you can do.
I wish people would get over this lame use of "$" instead of "S".

At least Microsoft has been damn good so far at fixing issues. I had the Red Ring last year (after at least two years of no problems, which I'd say is pretty damn good), and they sent me a replacement console within a few weeks. Hell, they even sent me a replacement console when all that was wrong was a damaged disc drive, which was actually my fault (well, technically my stepbrother's fault). I remember hearing about a fair number of issues with the PS3 at launch that Sony wasn't even planning to cover under warranty (I heard it from someone I know who actually works in the video game industry).

"Remember: even God has a sense of humor. Just look at the platypus."-Kevin Smith, opening of "Dogma"

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: xbox 360 - June 25th 2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSniper View Post
I wish people would get over this lame use of "$" instead of "S".

At least Microsoft has been damn good so far at fixing issues. I had the Red Ring last year (after at least two years of no problems, which I'd say is pretty damn good), and they sent me a replacement console within a few weeks. Hell, they even sent me a replacement console when all that was wrong was a damaged disc drive, which was actually my fault (well, technically my stepbrother's fault). I remember hearing about a fair number of issues with the PS3 at launch that Sony wasn't even planning to cover under warranty (I heard it from someone I know who actually works in the video game industry).
The bold is what the issue is. I'd like my console to last more than 2 years, you know. My SNES and N64 still work flawlessly even after all these years. And remember YOU experienced two years with your console. I experienced no problems until a YEAR later I got the RROD.

And yeah, they replace your console, but its still a hassle to do so. I didn't pay that much money so it could break every year. I bought it so I could play it whenever I pleased with no fear of it breaking for AT LEAST a few years.

If my T-shirts have a longer lifespan than xbox360, then that's just pretty sad.

And I didn't mention Sony. I can't really say anything because I never owned a PS3.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: xbox 360 - June 25th 2009, 07:54 AM

I'd say that the xbox is still very much worth it even with this flaw. Yeah, it's annoying and will piss you off, but something as complex as one of these new gen systems is bound to have some problems. And i'd have to say that i could live without it for one week- two max- every several years.

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#10 (permalink)) Old
I will help all some how
Not a n00b

Re: xbox 360 - June 26th 2009, 01:10 AM

thanks i love my xbox i cant live without it i keeps me sorta sane i'm just fed up with it dieing i'm playing it 24/7 almost when its not working i'm lost for me the xbox is king of the consoles

you can see rightly...

Love in a woman's heart
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
freelancertex78 Offline
Resident Neuro Nerd
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Steph

Re: xbox 360 - June 26th 2009, 02:01 PM

All right, I'm going to close this because the OP seems satisfied. If you want the reopened, PM me.

I'd sing you a song, but I'm feeling quite off
in my heart; it's occupied,

and now's not the time.

Closed Thread