TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Printer issues - February 10th 2010, 10:56 PM

So I had a document that I tried to print. At first, something popped up and told me that the printer was out of paper. It wasn't. So I readjusted the paper to make sure it was in there right. I clicked print again. Nothing happened. Nothing popped up or anything. I looked down at the printer and noticed that there were some lights blinking on it. I then restarted my computer, turned the printer off, and then back on and tried to print again. Now nothing at all is happening. Nothing popping up... No lights on the printer. Nothing.

What is going on and why do I have such horrible luck with printers?

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Re: Printer issues - February 11th 2010, 09:09 PM

Sorry I can't really be of much help.... but I do agree that printers have a mind of their own. I've always had the worst luck with them too.

Our current printer hadn't worked for a long time ever since we moved the computer downstairs (hooked up to the same computer, just different room and didn't want to work). We tried everything, then one day we turned it off and back on, and its worked fine ever since.

So just keep messing with it here and there I'd say. It might decide to just start working again

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DanielR Offline
Survived the Apocalypse of '57
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Daniel

Re: Printer issues - February 14th 2010, 02:14 AM

You may be out of ink. There is only one way to tell, and that is to buy new cartridges (the software that tells you ink levels is hells inaccurate). If it's still failing to print, unplug the printer and throw it out the window :P ... nah, just turn the printer off at the wall for about 5 minutes and then try again

I don't like to whizz in people's pockets, so I will always give you truth. I'm opinionated, so take what I say with a cup of salt.

Send a message via MSN to DanielR  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Printer issues - February 14th 2010, 07:46 PM

What model of printer is it?
There is usually software you can use to check it's status, etc. You should be able to print a test page, if it pulls the paper through but doesn't print it might be low-ink levels.

As there are no lights going on, it could be a problem with your power cable. Keep trying to turn the power on, with the printer disconnected from the PC, if nothing still works after new ink cartidges then it's likely the power cable.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and wiser, that in itself, is worth the fight.

The best way to predict the future is to create it - Peter F. Drucker

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Nelson Mandela

Closed Thread