TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

View Poll Results: Playstation 3 or Xbox 360
Playstation 3 12 54.55%
Xbox 360 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Question PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 3rd 2010, 03:29 AM

Which one is better? I basically want it just to play games I guess. Any opinions will be of great help.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
GaryOak Offline
Pokemon Master
Not a n00b

Name: Gary

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 3rd 2010, 05:22 AM

Well I have a ps3 now, I used to have a 360 but it got the red ring twice, so I switches both have some pretty unique games, and honestly, I still love Xbox, it really just depends on if you wanna play Halo-related titles or Metal Gear solid and a few other PS3 specific games.

"I Give, You Take This Life That I Forsake. " Harvester of Sorrow, Metallica 1988
  Send a message via AIM to GaryOak Send a message via MSN to GaryOak Send a message via Skype™ to GaryOak 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
canook182 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 3rd 2010, 03:12 PM

I have both ps3 and 360... I was really getting into 360 for a while with modern warfare 2 and all the guitar heroes and stuff. But then these great games like God of War 3, Heavy Rain and the Uncharted games, and I am hooked on ps3. So right now id say I like ps3 a hell of a lot better

The Whole Wide World Is Mine
  Send a message via AIM to canook182  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 3rd 2010, 06:23 PM

I just want to switch I'm getting tired of all the Nintendo games for the wii. I play a lot of sports games my friends tell me that the ps3 has better graphics and stuff…
Any other comment of experiences will help.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 4th 2010, 05:12 AM

Is it weird that I prefer Playstations?

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Blazer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mike

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 4th 2010, 06:05 AM

Xbox is ok, if you don't mind sending it in if you get the RROD fixed (in it's warranty time) the fact that Microsoft haven't replaced the problem when they know what it is pisses me off. PS3 has the advantage for being tougher then the 360 so it's better there and the graphics are presumably better as well if you know how to work the settings a bit (nothing technical from what I saw).

The big problems is that if you want a PS3 RIGHT now you are going to have to wait a bit. Sony wasn't expecting such a huge increase of sales in PS3's so they are backed on stocks big time. I just learned about this about a month ago and I thought I would just look around, EVERYONE can't be sold out right? Sadly I was wrong and I am going to have to wait a bit on a PS3 even when I buy it online >.>

So yeah I would say PS3 is better, but if you already have the money and you want to play a new system right away then go for the 360.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 6th 2010, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
Xbox is ok, if you don't mind sending it in if you get the RROD fixed (in it's warranty time) the fact that Microsoft haven't replaced the problem when they know what it is pisses me off. PS3 has the advantage for being tougher then the 360 so it's better there and the graphics are presumably better as well if you know how to work the settings a bit (nothing technical from what I saw).

The big problems is that if you want a PS3 RIGHT now you are going to have to wait a bit. Sony wasn't expecting such a huge increase of sales in PS3's so they are backed on stocks big time. I just learned about this about a month ago and I thought I would just look around, EVERYONE can't be sold out right? Sadly I was wrong and I am going to have to wait a bit on a PS3 even when I buy it online >.>

So yeah I would say PS3 is better, but if you already have the money and you want to play a new system right away then go for the 360.
There are still some online at Best Buy it's the 250gb one. But whats the RROB?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 6th 2010, 06:33 AM

I would say Playstation 3 because online is free and personally, I think it will be the better system in the long run just like the PS2 over the XBox. From what I've seen from stats, the PS3 breaks down more. It has a Blu-Ray player, which allows it to have a longer lifespan even though your primary concern is games.

There are some titles that are exclusive to PS3 (Uncharted, God Of War, Little Big Planet) as well as some being exclusive to XBox (Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo) if that is important to you. Some games translate better to XBox than they would on PS3 (I find this with Street Fighter IV) and some translate better to PS3.

I personally like the PlayStation controller over the XBox controller. I think that's something you should try out before buying.

If you play lots of sports games then I would say the PS3 is a good choice. I don't know how it compares to XBox, but I've played Madden and UFC Undisputed on the PS3, and they both have great graphics.

I'm biased because I own a PS3, but I think that looking at the system by itself without the games and the online aspect, the PS3 is better.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 6th 2010, 07:36 AM

My brother plays on the Xbox 360, but he always prefers to play C.O.D on the PS3. [:

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 6th 2010, 10:02 AM

I've played both, PS3 is the best for graphics but I think Xbox has a better selection of games in my opinion, so I guess it depends which one you'd prefer.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 6th 2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico View Post

There are still some online at Best Buy it's the 250gb one. But whats the RROB?
The Red Ring Of Death was a notorious XBox 360 problem which basically bricked the console, forcing you to send it to Microsoft for repair. It was a hardware problem, so I doubt a new 360 would develop the problem - they've surely fixed it by now.

The main questions to ask are if you have any games in mind (eg the console-specific games like Halo and God Of War) and if you intend to play with someone else you know. If the answer to both is no, then it's entirely your choice - I'd pick the PS3 because it can simply do more and is more powerful.

Of course if you had the time you could build a PC that would beat both of them and be upgradeable, but I realize many people aren't exactly to keen to get their hands dirty
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Ayak22 Offline
[Formerly LetGodArise/Ayak]
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 6th 2010, 11:54 PM

I'm getting ps3 and I'll tell you why:

-Free online: A wireless router and a years xbox live in my currency would come to £80 at least.

-The same games: Sure, xbox has good exclusives but so does ps3 if not as many.. all of the big popular titles are on both..

-Built in Blu-Ray: Explanatory really..

And there's a few series I like (IE Kingdom Hearts) that have favour on ps3.

InherentlyObvious/LetGodArise/AyakTwloha
Member since Sep '08
Always here to help.
To Write Love On Her Arms

(#13 (permalink)) Old
astrodork Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 7th 2010, 02:47 AM

I prefer the PS3. Better functionality in my opinion (gaming + blu-ray).
I also prefer the games out for the PS3, but it seems like most of the major ones are out for both.

I guess it depends on whihc brand you favor or if there are any platform specific games you really want.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
C0co Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cody

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 7th 2010, 04:27 PM

I preferably like Playstation 3 better than xbox 360.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Apollo

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 7th 2010, 07:40 PM

I have only played Xbox 360. I played... Assassin's Creed? I think that's it. The graphics were really good, although the game itself was way too disturbing for me. I have nothing to compare it with, so I'm no help for that part.

Always feel free to contact me.
<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

You may think the world is better off without you...
The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 7th 2010, 07:59 PM

I don't have either but I love playstations <3
Playstation 3 - better graphics
Xbox 360 - better community.
So if you just want to play games on your own go for the Ps3 but if you're wanting to play against people online then Xbox would be better for you.

If I'm honest though I'd rather play on the Wii

(#17 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Name: Will

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 7th 2010, 08:19 PM

For me it will always be the 360

1. Better DOWNLOADABLE Games, (serious sam hd for instance)

2. Better Online

But both online Communitys suffer from the same idiots
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 9th 2010, 11:25 PM

Playstation 3 ftw! XBox is crap and breaks down easily, trust me. Plus the games aren't so great.
Playstation 3 has blu-ray so you can save movies to it, play all kinds of movies and games and the graphics and crisp clearness of the screen are just mind-blowing! Trust me, I have one so I know! :P

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 11th 2010, 02:48 AM

I'll tell you that Playstation 3 isn't an angel just because you don't hear that Playstation 3 has problems as often as Xbox 360 does. Yes, there are still reports of Xbox 360's having the red ring of death. Worst case scenario is that if you get the red ring of death, you can send it back to Microsoft and they'll repair it for free. It just takes a little while, but if you have a Wii then it'll go by quick. Not all Xbox 360's have problems. I've had mine for quite a long time and it still runs great. No red ring of death or anything. If you still don't feel comfortable, you can always get a two-year warranty for it (depends on where you buy it though), and I'd recommend the same if you end up buying a Playstation 3.

Yes, to access all of Xbox 360's online features, you need a Gold membership. It's 50 dollars a year (in the US), which is around $4.17 a month. You could probably save up $4.17 in change every month to get the year subscription if you wanted to. Why does it cost money? Because the online experience is a lot better than Playstation 3. But what if you don't want to pay for Xbox Live? You can get a silver membership which gives you SOME online features such as adding friends (and I think even talking to them too), but your access is limited.

Another big advantage is Playstation 3 is basically a computer. You can access the internet and even plug in your own keyboard/mouse to surf it. On 360, you can access your facebook to change your status and access pictures, but that's about it.

The Xbox 360 is working on a project called Project natal...which is like a Wii, except it's motion sensed. No controllers. It'll come out eventually, so if you're interested in that then you should check out the 360. I'm sure Playstation will eventually do the same to keep up with the competition.

The Playstation 3 controllers are lightweight compared to the bulky Xbox 360 controllers. If you step on a Playstation 3 controller, you have a higher probability of breaking the controller than an Xbox 360 controller. But if you take care of your shit and you're not the person to throw stuff at walls when you die in the game, then the Playstation 3 controller is a small and lightweight controller that's good for small hands (if you have stereotypical woman hands ). My sister doesn't complain with my Xbox 360 controller, though.

As for the graphics, each game is different. One game could look better on the 360, while the other one looks better on Playstation 3. And even then it's really not a noticeable difference. If you're not a gamer with a 1080P 65 inch tv with 7.1 surround sound, then it's really not a big deal.

In the long run, Xbox 360 is more expensive than the Playstation 3. I'm going to avoid bias and say that I'm not sure what kind of games Playstation 3 has, but Xbox 360 has a lot of popular titles. If you're interested in the Playstation 3, I'd check out what kind of games that you're interested in, and see what's coming out. If Playstation has more games that you'd enjoy, then go with Playstation 3. If not, go with the Xbox 360.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Markteenhelp Offline
Mark, Michael, Bry
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 11th 2010, 02:57 AM

well ps3 gets free online play. has a blue ray player and better graphics has 4 processors

Learn from yesterday
live for today
hope for tomarrow

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 - April 11th 2010, 05:38 AM

PS3
I don't like any of the exclusive XBox games. I like the PS3 controller more, it has a Blu-Ray player.
The main reason I got a PS3 though was free online

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
Closed Thread