TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SaveMe Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Natasha

Formspring. Please read - April 29th 2010, 01:39 AM

Okay so I recently joined Formspring, thinking it'd be fun but not I'm getting questions like this

Quote:
i just want to say it was very brave of you to come out of the closet on facebook now another thing is you did that for attention your atention craved doing that was stupid, some stupid fucking bullshit rhyme well you can fuck off and get over your self
And This was sent annoymously, is there ANY WAY at all that I could find out who sent this? IP address or anything? Because This stuff is ridiculous and I hate it

And she fights so you won't ignore her,
'cause thats her biggest fear.

Support
Love<3

Keep your head up gorgeous,
they'll kill to see you
fall..
  Send a message via AIM to SaveMe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
emoticon Offline
confused.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle

Re: Formspring. Please read - April 29th 2010, 02:36 AM

You could get an ip address. But honestly I would just delete your formspring. This is not the only time you'll get this type of comment. And if your not ready to just laugh them off and think oh how pathetic people are. Then I would just delete your formspring

" One day at a time, this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering. "

i wonder when i'll finally jsut start accepting myself, when i'll stop saying i wish i could be like that person.

i have facebook, and myspace. and you can ask for it. :P
  Send a message via Yahoo to emoticon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: Formspring. Please read - April 29th 2010, 03:56 AM

Whomever this person is, they're so big of a coward that they had to hide under an anonymous form to send this. Obviously you didn't come out "just for attention", and that's a ridiculous assumption on their part. You know for yourself that that isn't true, and that's all that matters, so don't let it get to you, even though I know it must hurt a lot.

I agree with Michelle, if you don't think you could handle more "questions" like this, then just delete your Formspring. Formspring has become a huge site for bullying because it's easy to hide under an "anonymous" name. It wouldn't be worth it to find out who it was, so I personally wouldn't do it. It might cause even more hurt in the long run. It definitely won't make anything easier. I wish you the best of luck, and I think that the best thing for you to do if it's going to bring you down is delete your account from the site.
Hang in there.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Formspring. Please read - April 29th 2010, 04:17 AM

Just delete your formspring. That site started off as fun but now it's just turned nasty. I know far too many people who have received hateful comments/questions on that site and it's just ridiculous.

You can set your formspring so that you don't allow anonymous questions.. So if you want to keep your formspring but avoid horrible questions you could do that.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ThrashAttack Offline
Banned
I've been here a while

Name: Will

Re: Formspring. Please read - April 29th 2010, 08:30 PM

Just delete your Formsping. Finding there ip adress would take too long
  Send a message via MSN to ThrashAttack  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: Formspring. Please read - April 29th 2010, 08:34 PM

Its really hard to get IP addresses since you'd have to contact the people who work for them.

I'd either set it to "not recieving anon messages" or delete it altogether. Keep your head up and be strong. DONT let it get to you.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Formspring. Please read - April 30th 2010, 03:19 PM

Im interested what would happen if I made a formspring account with my real name lol. Oh my. rofl. i might do it just for the fking hell of it to see what happens.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
SaveMe Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Natasha

Re: Formspring. Please read - May 2nd 2010, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone I learned I should just laugh it off, they have no guts haha so why should I care?

And she fights so you won't ignore her,
'cause thats her biggest fear.

Support
Love<3

Keep your head up gorgeous,
they'll kill to see you
fall..
  Send a message via AIM to SaveMe  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Formspring. Please read - May 2nd 2010, 07:47 PM

I would set your formspring so you don't get anonymous questions. So you will actually know who is asking them. Your right, laugh it off because if they are too shallow to hide behind an anonymous site and say something like that, then their not even worth your time.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: Formspring. Please read - May 3rd 2010, 06:21 PM

I had a truth box thing on myspace, similar to this, and I got death threats ... the thing is, things like formspring are no good, because if someone says something like "I have always loved you but never been brave enough to say it", you'll want to know who it is, but you'll have no way of finding out and it'll kill you. Similarly you'd always get the odd tard who'll be nasty, and again you'll not be able to do anything about it. It's just an easy way for people to be nasty to you. Cowardly, but easy. Just get rid of formspring. It's the best option, believe me.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

Closed Thread