TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AsylumX91 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation WOW Lag - January 26th 2011, 04:05 PM

Hey just needing advice to improve my network connection so i can play wow again. I stopped playing a few months ago. I'm using the same connection same router same computer the only difference from now and then is that i downgraded from Vista to XP. My latency when i was playing it was maybe just a couple hundred ms. i know its not great but the game was playable but it was the frame rate that sucked. it was maybe around 10 except if i was in a high populated city then it would be maybe 0.3 lol. but now when i go online my latency was 8000 but i lowered to 3000 but can't seem to make it go any lower, also my frame rate now is great its between 40-60 most times. so i'm just needing advice on what i need to do to get the latency under control. i already did the update my network drivers in device manager. and the firewall trick nothing is really helping a whole lot. any suggestions?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Syran Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jon

Re: WOW Lag - January 26th 2011, 06:45 PM

Have you tried the Leatrix Latency Fix? It's a simple VBscript that modifies your network settings to stop packet binding and allow for individual packet sending. A link to it is: well I can't post links yet, but google it and it's the first result..

Also, if you are running any programs like BitTorrent or uTorrent, or anything that's streaming and downloading anything, that will slow your latency by using up a lot of bandwidth. I recommend closing all things that connect to the internet that you are not using at the time. I play WoW a lot myself, and I have noticed a dramatic increase in latency by doing this.

Also, if you ever have problems with FPS again, try out the Leatrix GFX addon, it works wonders.
  Send a message via MSN to Syran  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
AsylumX91 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: WOW Lag - January 26th 2011, 07:20 PM

Thanks, but i already tried both. and i so make sure nothing else is runng when i play it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: WOW Lag - January 26th 2011, 07:23 PM

Double check your settings. After a few of the patches it reset all of my settings to “high” quality and it made me lag so badly. So I went and fixed it all and it fixed my problems instantly. So it’s worth double checking.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#5 (permalink)) Old
AsylumX91 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: WOW Lag - January 26th 2011, 07:37 PM

all my setting are on Low or disabled basically

(#6 (permalink)) Old
cptdean Offline
Runs this Ship
Average Joe

Name: Dean

Re: WOW Lag - January 27th 2011, 11:24 PM

check your internet connection on a website like speedtest.net and see if it is dramatically lower than you thought

mine slowly deteriorated and was unplayable, I rewired the internet with fresh cables apart from one but it tripled my speed (going from 0.1 mb/s to 0.3 mb/s )

BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips...

Closed Thread