TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

View Poll Results: Xbox or PS3?
Xbox 13 61.90%
PS3 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
Eternal's Avatar
 
Name: Nicole
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: PDX

Posts: 12,425
Join Date: October 14th 2010

Xbox or PS3? - February 19th 2011, 03:54 PM

I was playing COD with my friend the other day and I have an xbox and she has a PS3. Shes obsessed with her PS3 and is always saying it is way better than xbox.
I think xbox is better and I hear about them way more than I hear about PS3's.
What do you guys like better?


And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ancora Imparo Offline
XVI VIII MMXIV. ♥
I've been here a while
********
 
Ancora Imparo's Avatar
 
Name: Jake
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: England

Posts: 1,461
Join Date: October 6th 2010

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 19th 2011, 04:04 PM

Xbox 360 for me but that's probably because I have one. I understand the argument on both sides though as the Xbox do have quite a few problems when it comes to them red ringing and breaking while the PS3 seems to have less problems when it comes to them breaking. I prefer the achievements system on the Xbox than the trophies system on the PS3. Although I think it's pretty good how the online play for the PS3 is free while you have to pay for it on the Xbox 360. However, all in all, I'm team Xbox.





When we're lost in the madness, kindness is wisdom.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Ancora Imparo 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
TheWhiteTornado's Avatar
 
Name: Jack
Age: 26
Gender: Male

Posts: 786
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 19th 2011, 04:09 PM

I'd have to say PS3. Although there is a lot more time wasted via updates, free online, better graphics (usually), and having it double as a blu ray player more than make up for it. I have both and I'd have to say it's a whole lot more convenient. And it may be more expensive but after a while the $15 a month for Live starts to add up.


"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,540
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 19th 2011, 04:25 PM

Comparing Xbox to PS3 is like comparing granny smith apples to fuji apples. They're both apples, but it depends on the person's preference.

The major advantages for PS3 is that the PS3 is a computer, basically. So you can access the internet on the PS3, and PS3 online is free. On Xbox, you're only limited on the websites you can access (such as facebook, twitter, Netflix, etc) but there's no web browser. Xbox also costs 59.99 a year, or about 5 bucks a month. The online experience for Xbox is more detailed and sophisticated than PS3 because it costs money.

If you enjoy being active when playing games, Xbox has a major advantage for a motion sensor rather than motion controllers (like Wii). Microsoft patented the motion sensor, so Wii and PS3 will be using motion controllers for quite a while. However, people enjoy the Wii and people also enjoy the PS3 controllers so you'll have fun regardless.

I don't know about the PS3 community, but you meet a lot of hostile kids on Xbox 360. But if you don't use a microphone then it's no big deal.

You've heard the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you enjoy playing the Xbox, keep the Xbox. But if you want to access the internet on the PS3 or play your friend on the PS3, then get the PS3.
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
Lugez's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 929
Blog Entries: 5
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 19th 2011, 05:25 PM

Both are good.

PS3 may have more impressive hardware though. But really the person should get whatever their friends play on the most.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Amember Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Amember's Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: England, UK

Posts: 145
Join Date: November 3rd 2010

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 20th 2011, 12:02 PM

When I see a post like this, I want to rip it to shreds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
The major advantages for PS3 is that the PS3 is a computer, basically.
I had to quote this as soon as you said the PS3 is basically a computer... OF COURSE it's a computer, so is the 360.. So is the PS2, PS1, N64.. AND SO ON! If you hadn't have said that I may have ignored your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
So you can access the internet on the PS3, and PS3 online is free. On Xbox, you're only limited on the websites you can access (such as facebook, twitter, Netflix, etc) but there's no web browser.
This arguement is so invalid I wouldn't know where to begin. First of all, "free" is not always the good option. Why did Sony make their online service free? Because they knew it was the only way to compete with Microsoft, even though Microsoft still most likely has more customers than Sony (Obviously though I can't verify the number because I'm too lazy to look).

Secondly, Ooooohhh.. I want to browse the internet, let me get my PC.. I'll do it there, as it's so much easier than using a console. Let me ask you this... So you're stuck on a mission and it's egging you on and you want a small hint as how to push further onto the game. What would you do, get your PC/laptop or switch to the PS3 browse (which I assume isn't capable of multitasking)? Even if it was capable of multitasking a browse while on a game, I'd still select the PC/Laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Xbox also costs 59.99 a year, or about 5 bucks a month. The online experience for Xbox is more detailed and sophisticated than PS3 because it costs money.
I'm glad you see sense there, this is you admiting PS3 online experience is poor compared to the 360, thank you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I don't know about the PS3 community, but you meet a lot of hostile kids on Xbox 360. But if you don't use a microphone then it's no big deal.
Annoying kids is for the lulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
But if you want to access the internet on the PS3 or play your friend on the PS3, then get the PS3.
Internet on Ps3, invalid argument.. I was close to misreading what you said about the friend there but I saved myself.



Oh and coincidently, I like the 360. I'm sure you'd have never guessed that.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Skeleton's Avatar
 
Name: Charlie
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: UK.

Posts: 4,545
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 20th 2011, 12:37 PM

PS3.

I've played the xbox and I don't know, I'm just really terrible at it which is a bad reason but I'm way better with PS3s, I think the graphics are a lot clearer as well compared to my brothers xbox graphics.
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,540
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 20th 2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
I had to quote this as soon as you said the PS3 is basically a computer... OF COURSE it's a computer, so is the 360.. So is the PS2, PS1, N64.. AND SO ON! If you hadn't have said that I may have ignored your post.
This isn't really important to the OP. The truth is that PS3 is more of a computer than Xbox 360. 360 doesn't have web browsing, it mostly supports USB's associated with microsoft products, and online is free. It has more characteristics of what we consider to be a traditional computer (such as the one you and I are on now). My intention was to give advice in a simplistic manner rather than explain the things that don't really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
This arguement is so invalid I wouldn't know where to begin. First of all, "free" is not always the good option. Why did Sony make their online service free? Because they knew it was the only way to compete with Microsoft, even though Microsoft still most likely has more customers than Sony (Obviously though I can't verify the number because I'm too lazy to look).
This is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter why PS3 service is free. The fact remains is that PS3 service is free. If you don't want to pay for an online service, then get a PS3. That's the advice I gave. I've owned an Xbox 360 and a Playstation 3, so I can definitely confirm the price of both services, so unless I was wrong about the price...anything about why a price is such and such is totally irrelevant to this thread. I don't need to explain everything to the OP. I'm only in this thread to answer the questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
Secondly, Ooooohhh.. I want to browse the internet, let me get my PC.. I'll do it there, as it's so much easier than using a console. Let me ask you this... So you're stuck on a mission and it's egging you on and you want a small hint as how to push further onto the game. What would you do, get your PC/laptop or switch to the PS3 browse (which I assume isn't capable of multitasking)? Even if it was capable of multitasking a browse while on a game, I'd still select the PC/Laptop.
What if someone is accessing the internet on the computer? What if you're trying to save money on energy by shutting down the computer while you're on the PS3? What if your computer is in the shop? What if you have a virus on your computer and can't access the internet? What if you have a PC upstairs but your console is downstairs? What if your mom grounds you from the PC? What if you can't connect to the internet on your PC because of some kind of settings that you don't know how to change? What if you just feel like using the PS3 web browser because of the convenience? Going on the PC is logical for using an internet browser, but not under all circumstances. Your argument is pretty weak, not to mention irrelevant to this thread yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
I'm glad you see sense there, this is you admiting PS3 online experience is poor compared to the 360, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
Oh and coincidently, I like the 360. I'm sure you'd have never guessed that.
*facepalm*

I hope you don't seriously think I'm a Playstation fanboy. I'm no one's fan boy. I like PS3 and Xbox 360 equally the same and I was only letting the OP know the major differences between the two. I've owned an Xbox ever since the original Xbox came out. I still play Xbox 360. I sold my PS3 to GET an Xbox 360. I prefer Xbox 360 over PS3 any day, so I don't know what the heck you're talking about.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
YOUR.great.name Offline
JESUS FREAK :P
Average Joe
***
 
YOUR.great.name's Avatar
 
Name: Alicia
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Great White North :P

Posts: 146
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: December 22nd 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 20th 2011, 04:19 PM

360 all the way!!!! Especially playing COD MW2 or Black Opps as well as Halo!!! Nothing can beat the 360.


The TRUTH, will set you FREE. (John 8:32)

"For I know the PLANS I have for you,Ē declares the LORD, ďplans to PROSPER you and not to harm you, plans to GIVE YOU HOPE and a future." (Jer. 29:11)

Live Help Operator
HelpLink Operator
  Send a message via AIM to YOUR.great.name  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Quartet's Avatar
 
Name: Melanie
Age: 30
Gender: Female

Posts: 313
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: November 11th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 20th 2011, 07:16 PM

Xbox360, dude.
The only reason why I'd want a PS3 is to play little big planet.


Colours De Moi


   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough
*********
 
forfrosne's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: England

Posts: 3,311
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: August 29th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 21st 2011, 11:33 AM

I have both and I prefer the PS3.

The online is free, it has a blu-ray player, web browser, photo gallery, movie editor etc. Plus the exclusives are better.

The 360's only advantage is that it has BETTER online, but at a cost. Not enough, IMO, to make me pay for it over PSN.

Oh and the 360 community is pisspoor. Mainly 12 year olds shouting down the mic and trolling the whole BO team.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
MegaMadness's Avatar
 
Name: Megan
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: Aussie Land

Posts: 5,564
Blog Entries: 16
Join Date: October 11th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 21st 2011, 11:55 AM

PS3 for me


Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe
***
 
zdsgreagregraeger's Avatar
 
Gender: Male

Posts: 167
Join Date: June 10th 2010

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 21st 2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Comparing Xbox to PS3 is like comparing granny smith apples to fuji apples. They're both apples, but it depends on the person's preference.

The major advantages for PS3 is that the PS3 is a computer, basically. So you can access the internet on the PS3, and PS3 online is free. On Xbox, you're only limited on the websites you can access (such as facebook, twitter, Netflix, etc) but there's no web browser. Xbox also costs 59.99 a year, or about 5 bucks a month. The online experience for Xbox is more detailed and sophisticated than PS3 because it costs money.

If you enjoy being active when playing games, Xbox has a major advantage for a motion sensor rather than motion controllers (like Wii). Microsoft patented the motion sensor, so Wii and PS3 will be using motion controllers for quite a while. However, people enjoy the Wii and people also enjoy the PS3 controllers so you'll have fun regardless.

I don't know about the PS3 community, but you meet a lot of hostile kids on Xbox 360. But if you don't use a microphone then it's no big deal.

You've heard the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." If you enjoy playing the Xbox, keep the Xbox. But if you want to access the internet on the PS3 or play your friend on the PS3, then get the PS3.
There's free software you can download that will allow you to surf the web on the Xbox 360 via Windows Media Center.



I've played both consoles but I prefer Xbox. 1 of the reasons being is that a lot of stuff comes out on Xbox before the PS3. The First Strike Map Pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops came out ages ago for the Xbox, unfortunately the PS3 players have to wait till March to get it. PS3 is neglected imo.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Amember Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Amember's Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: England, UK

Posts: 145
Join Date: November 3rd 2010

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 21st 2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
This isn't really important to the OP. The truth is that PS3 is more of a computer than Xbox 360.
This really is important, because she asked us what we prefer and it's always good to give a reason. You still seem to have this misconception of what a computer is. Okay, so let me make it a lot more easier for you since you misread what I said. Any device with a program (can be anything) to do a certain task is a computer, it can be as basic as a digital clock. If a PS3 really wanted to compete with the PC market they'd make a PC not a console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
360 doesn't have web browsing
Web browsing is not an essential for a console, all you need is something to play a game with; adding all this fancy shit changes them from a bog standard console to something more improved; as Microsoft call the system, an entertainment system since they're more focused on the entertainment side of the industry rather than adding a service for internet access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
it mostly supports USB's associated with microsoft products, and online is free. It has more characteristics of what we consider to be a traditional computer (such as the one you and I are on now). My intention was to give advice in a simplistic manner rather than explain the things that don't really matter
I wouldn't expect more to be honest, I mean if you have own a company and have many peripherals competing with other manufacturers I'd expect you to make it so only your peripherals were compatible to make more money... Otherwise you lose money, however this is not the case here as Microsoft allow a wide selection of devices from other manufacturers to plug-in to their console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What if someone is accessing the internet on the computer?
You patiently wait to use the PC, or ask them to do a quick favour if you're after something, or chances are in this day and age you'd have another PC/Laptop in the house or iDevice. There's always something, put it this way, we never had this type of technology on consoles before so we always find other ways, or just develop some patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What if you're trying to save money on energy by shutting down the computer while you're on the PS3?
I believe we call it "Hibernate Mode".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What if your computer is in the shop?
As I said previously an alternative method besides the PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What if you have a virus on your computer and can't access the internet?
You get the problem fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What if you have a PC upstairs but your console is downstairs?
You get off your lazy arse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What if your mom grounds you from the PC?
Then I'd expect she also grounded you from the PS3 then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What if you can't connect to the internet on your PC because of some kind of settings that you don't know how to change?
Well, I must admit this was an amusing scenario. You clearly try to understand what your PC is doing and get it solved, unless it's parental settings preventing you from accessing the system. Saying that though, I would assume your parents would also say when you can and cannot go on the PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What if you just feel like using the PS3 web browser because of the convenience?
I've never really used the PS3 browser, so I can't understand what's so convient about it compared to a standard PC browser which can have many plug-ins to manipulate how you would like to view the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Going on the PC is logical for using an internet browser, but not under all circumstances. Your argument is pretty weak, not to mention irrelevant to this thread yet again.
My "argument" is not weak nor is it irrelevant I'm just not life dependent on a PS3, I also have good reasons to back up what I am saying and provide much better alternatives. Also, this "irrelevant" business... The OP asked what do we prefer, I am simply just give my reasons compared to yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
*facepalm*
Oh, you didn't use that on me, how dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I hope you don't seriously think I'm a Playstation fanboy. I'm no one's fan boy. I like PS3 and Xbox 360 equally the same and I was only letting the OP know the major differences between the two. I've owned an Xbox ever since the original Xbox came out. I still play Xbox 360. I sold my PS3 to GET an Xbox 360. I prefer Xbox 360 over PS3 any day, so I don't know what the heck you're talking about.
You sure? You're favouritism and many positive reasons for the PS3 would suggest you are a PS3 fanboy even if you don't own one. You just give me this vibe through your posts basically saying the PS3 is the bees knees.
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,540
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 21st 2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
This really is important, because she asked us what we prefer and it's always good to give a reason. You still seem to have this misconception of what a computer is. Okay, so let me make it a lot more easier for you since you misread what I said. Any device with a program (can be anything) to do a certain task is a computer, it can be as basic as a digital clock. If a PS3 really wanted to compete with the PC market they'd make a PC not a console.
Okay, so let me make it more easier for you since you misread what I said. I said that PS3 is more of a computer than Xbox 360. I'm not denying the fact that Xbox is a computer, but I also went to explain that PS3 has more characteristics of a "traditional" computer than Xbox 360. When I say traditional, I mean the computers that most people tend to associate with desktops and laptops. Most people don't think of digital clocks as computers because they don't really research the technical definition of a computer, nor do they care about what makes a computer a computer. So if you want to make a valid argument, you also need to interpret what I'm saying correctly because you're adding words to your argument that I never said. I never said Xbox 360 wasn't a computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
Web browsing is not an essential for a console, all you need is something to play a game with; adding all this fancy shit changes them from a bog standard console to something more improved; as Microsoft call the system, an entertainment system since they're more focused on the entertainment side of the industry rather than adding a service for internet access.
*facepalm* Okay, no. Number one, you're adding words to your argument. You're arguing over something I never said. Did I say that PS3's web browser's feature was essential? No. So let's cross that off the list and I'll cross off any argument you make that I never said. Number two, the internet is a source of entertainment. Therefore, even if Microsoft added a web browser feature, they could still call it an entertainment system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
I wouldn't expect more to be honest, I mean if you have own a company and have many peripherals competing with other manufacturers I'd expect you to make it so only your peripherals were compatible to make more money... Otherwise you lose money, however this is not the case here as Microsoft allow a wide selection of devices from other manufacturers to plug-in to their console.
A wide selection yet it doesn't allow any of the devices that I try to connect to it. My keyboard, my webcam, headset, USB microphone (besides the Rock band one). Maybe I'm just unlucky with the good quality technology I have. Turtle beach, no thanks. That crappy webcam? No thanks. PS3 didn't have much of a problem with these. Hell, I even connected it to a bluetooth device. So I'm gonna have to say "wide selection, my ass."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
You patiently wait to use the PC, or ask them to do a quick favour if you're after something, or chances are in this day and age you'd have another PC/Laptop in the house or iDevice. There's always something, put it this way, we never had this type of technology on consoles before so we always find other ways, or just develop some patience.
If we have the ability, I don't see why someone shouldn't use it for their benefit. If you spend money on a PS3, you might as well access the internet and use its capabilities. You could provide reasons why you shouldn't access the internet on the PS3, but it still doesn't change the fact that there's no reason why you shouldn't. You present yet another weak argument, unfortunately. It's like saying "we didn't always have cars, therefore we've had other ways of transportation. You can ride your bike 40 miles to school. Just gotta get up at 1 in the morning, or walk to the nearest bus stop and spend a couple hours on there. If I have the car, I'm gonna drive 40 miles to my school. I'm not gonna ride my bike or go to the bus stop when I have the luxury, the capability, of using the car. Same goes for the internet. Why wait patiently or interrupt someone's online session when I can just easily access the internet without hesitation? This is what we'd like to call conveniently effective.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
I've never really used the PS3 browser, so I can't understand what's so convient about it compared to a standard PC browser which can have many plug-ins to manipulate how you would like to view the web.
What you're presenting is a bias. Because you love the Xbox 360, you're obviously going to try and find flaws in the other system to glorify the Xbox 360. It's like marijuana debates.

"Marijuana causes deaths."
"No it doesn't."
"Well...uh...uh...uh...it looks weird."

If you want to access a site and you absolutely must have the plug ins, then you access the internet on your computer. However, if you don't require it, which is not in all circumstances, then it's convenient for those people. There's simply no argument to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
The OP asked what do we prefer, I am simply just give my reasons compared to yours.
It's a funny thing because, to my knowledge, you never mention that you prefer the Xbox 360 to the OP. You say that you like it, but you were directing that towards me and not to the OP. I'm not the OP, just to clarify if you didn't know that. I'm not asking what you prefer, or why you prefer it. All this debate is indeed irrelevant because you could've easily explained why you prefer the Xbox 360 without responding to my response. So really, your intentions on responding to this thread are not all that simple. Are you giving the OP a reason why you prefer Xbox 360 compared to PS3, or are you here to unsuccessfully debate with other members on this thread because you have a bias and I don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
You sure? You're favouritism and many positive reasons for the PS3 would suggest you are a PS3 fanboy even if you don't own one. You just give me this vibe through your posts basically saying the PS3 is the bees knees.
Like I said, it's called a bias. I presented an unbiased response to this thread. No, I've probably had an Xbox longer than you've had, I probably have more Microsoft products than you do. However, I'm acknowledging that PS3 is not "OMG THIS PRODUCT SUCKS ASS" so I'm presenting both sides of the spectrum.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Amember Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Amember's Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: England, UK

Posts: 145
Join Date: November 3rd 2010

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 22nd 2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Okay, so let me make it more easier for you since you misread what I said.
You are smart there for copying you, I applaud your immaturity on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I said that PS3 is more of a computer than Xbox 360. I'm not denying the fact that Xbox is a computer, but I also went to explain that PS3 has more characteristics of a "traditional" computer than Xbox 360.
Okay so your reasoning for this because... You claim it may have more/better features to offer than an Xbox 360, or another console for that matter? So what? Why is the main reason for a person to purchase a console? Oh, to play games, yes there may be other features that persuades the person to get a specific console but at the end of the day it will come back to the gaming more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
When I say traditional, I mean the computers that most people tend to associate with desktops and laptops. Most people don't think of digital clocks as computers because they don't really research the technical definition of a computer, nor do they care about what makes a computer a computer.
Ah, but when you make a point like you did saying the PS3 is more of a computer, on the internet then you will obviously end up in this puddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
So if you want to make a valid argument, you also need to interpret what I'm saying correctly because you're adding words to your argument that I never said. I never said Xbox 360 wasn't a computer.
ORLY, Let's check shall we.

Quote:
The major advantages for PS3 is that the PS3 is a computer, basically.
Now, standing at a typical user who may not be tech savvy they'd assume you just said a PS3 is a computer basically. Sure you never mentioned the 360, but you never said anything positive as you did with the PS3 in that single sentence for the 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
*facepalm*
OH NOES! The epic fail face palm, what ever shall I do now... I'm doomed I tell you... DOOMED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Okay, no. Number one
Hey look, who brought the copy cat into town? Shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
you're adding words to your argument.
Um, Is that like some forbidden line I must not past? I must not add words to my argument? I mean... How am I supposed to say what I want without crossing this line? I am so confused by this, my deepest apologies for crossing the forbidden line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
You're arguing over something I never said.
One of your major points for the PS3 was internet browsing, I was talking about how I believe it's not essential to have... See how I spoke about something you spoke about there? I thought it was daring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Did I say that PS3's web browser's feature was essential? No.
But as my friend said to me earlier... "You sure sound like your up your arse about it". Apologies if that may offend you on that, it was just his opinion when he read some of your posts on this issue. Sure you may not have said it was essential but as I said, it was one of your major points as to why you recommend/chose/like the PS3; for what ever reason that I may not have just said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
So let's cross that off the list and I'll cross off any argument you make that I never said.
Well... Hm indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Number two
Wooooossshhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
the internet is a source of entertainment.
I'm sure it would be but um, anything on the internet can also be found else where. Big deal if the 360 doesn't have this, it doesn't downgrade how good a console is at playing a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Therefore, even if Microsoft added a web browser feature, they could still call it an entertainment system.
They could call it, the next best thing since sliced bread... But that would be using a phrased well over used these days, and it's be more than an entertainment system.. It'd be a computer, basically. See the magic that just portrayed your eyes there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
A wide selection yet it doesn't allow any of the devices that I try to connect to it.
You do know how to put things in holes right? I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
My keyboard
An extremely generic peripheral, I blame the user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
my webcam
This I can understand, I have tried a webcam and only my 360 cam works. Although a webcam for a console.. I mean.. What's next? A dildo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
headset
Again, I can understand this as well. Microsoft specifically designed it so only particular things can be used. Man if you was the CEO of MS you'd totally kill them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
USB microphone (besides the Rock band one).
If we're talking microphones specifcally for singing games, well.. You kinda suck if you never got a mic with your game. If you're talking about a typical microphone to replace the headset microphone, well good luck there. Proprietary is the goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Maybe I'm just unlucky with the good quality technology I have.
Yes, maybe you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Turtle beach, no thanks.
FINALLY, Now I've cummed to feeling of knowing what it is like to agree with you. Good one ole chap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
That crappy webcam? No thanks.
Um... Ah.... Um.... Ah.... Um... I got it.. I guess it's okay... It's a nice backup for my PC cam. As long as it does it's job I couldn't care less how poor it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
PS3 didn't have much of a problem with these. Hell, I even connected it to a bluetooth device.
I know you say this later on about me saying I love the Xbox 360.. OH WAIT, I NEVER SAID I DID! I said I had it.. How dare you add words to your argument. Jeeee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
So I'm gonna have to say "wide selection, my ass."
I didn't really want to know how wide your arse is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
If we have the ability, I don't see why someone shouldn't use it for their benefit.
You have explained why people get fat, now I understand. Thank you for helping me find my path of the wisdom of being lazy. I say, turn on your TV. Why? Because the next best thing to kick you in the balls will happen and I'm sure you enjoy it.. Let me help you out here, just empty your mind before you orgasm..

Okay, imagine a empty room with a TV. You turn it on. HOLY SHIT, I HAS THE INTERNET ON THE TV.. *You jizz*

Not a myth or the future, it's actually around the block possibly the end of this year, so we don't ... Well you won't have to rely on a PS3 any more; even if you don't have one.


[quote=Brandon;588656]If you spend money on a PS3, you might as well access the internet and use its capabilities.[quote]Which is clearly obvious with anything, but your original point is because you get internet access on a device we already have. Your scenarios stink, of... pigs. Yes, pigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
You could provide reasons why you shouldn't access the internet on the PS3, but it still doesn't change the fact that there's no reason why you shouldn't.
I've given multiple reasons, including a new one too many for your mind to process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
You present yet another weak argument, unfortunately.
Man, what I'd do to have your brains. I'm so jealous of what you cooking there under your nose. It sorta smells like bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
It's like saying "we didn't always have cars, therefore we've had other ways of transportation. You can ride your bike 40 miles to school. Just gotta get up at 1 in the morning, or walk to the nearest bus stop and spend a couple hours on there. If I have the car, I'm gonna drive 40 miles to my school. I'm not gonna ride my bike or go to the bus stop when I have the luxury, the capability, of using the car.
Better yet go to a school closer, or move closer. I mean, it's quite logical don't you think? Oh and then you have the whole financial argument that comes into play so either way the bus or the bike will come back into motion. Money, think about it. Not all of us are upright losers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Same goes for the internet. Why wait patiently or interrupt someone's online session when I can just easily access the internet without hesitation? This is what we'd like to call conveniently effective.
Possibly the best thing you've said so far, congratulations. I agree, it is more convenient but I still have better things to use then my games console for internet browsing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
What you're presenting is a bias.
Biased because I'm pointing out cheaper alternatives for us people who don't have the luxury of being an uptight loser? Yes, I must be biased then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Because you love the Xbox 360
Here's the magical quote OF THE DAAAAAYYYY. How biased was I honestly? Did I stick to the Xbox 360 through out all my posts. No, is the answer.. Yes it may be my main point but what the fuck is the thread titled called? "Xbox or PS3"? I am clearly giving a bit of support for my homie. But at the same time brought it some friends for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
you're obviously going to try and find flaws in the other system to glorify the Xbox 360.
As I said, I didn't just stick to the 360 the whole time. And flaws, um. Well, I didn't really say how much of a flaw the PS3 is nor how many flaws it has. I was just saying how much it has that other devices have that I'd prefer as a better and most likely cheaper alternative. I think you was supposed to say that you was the one trying to glorify the PS3 and you wanted me to let you win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
It's like marijuana debates.
Not my field, nor do I care as it's more bullshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
If you want to access a site and you absolutely must have the plug ins, then you access the internet on your computer. However, if you don't require it, which is not in all circumstances, then it's convenient for those people. There's simply no argument to that.
I've never used the PS3 browser here, so you'd have to bare with me on this one.. How's the Youtube world? I assume they have that solved with it being a large website and very popular; it'd blow balls if they didn't have support for that but I'd assume they would. How about Facebook games? One of the most popular things that is these days, got any support for that?

Last I checked, Adobe Flash is a plug-in so if the PS3 browser doesn't have this in-built then I kind of fall over with understanding how it could load some sites. It would be interesting to see what it's like on a PC though, to get a true comparison out of it's capabilities.

Oh and in case you wasn't looking, my key case to this is "compatibility".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
It's a funny thing because, to my knowledge, you never mention that you prefer the Xbox 360 to the OP. You say that you like it, but you were directing that towards me and not to the OP.
Well um, yeah I kind of was laughing so hard how I thought it'd be if I didn't reply to the OP. I just put my preference in the wrong place, that's all. You just thought it'd be cool to pin this against me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I'm not the OP, just to clarify if you didn't know that.
What is this? To figure out who's the dumbest or something? The idea of a thread is for someone to make a post, it is not mandatory to make sure your post has to reply to the OP before anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I'm not asking what you prefer, or why you prefer it.
Just so you know, I like it to be the one giving it. So I hope you're good at receiving it. Kudos if you understand what I said there, I'm sure you'd love it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
All this debate is indeed irrelevant because you could've easily explained why you prefer the Xbox 360 without responding to my response.
Well, maybe I could of but who's to say you wouldn't of replied to me? You can say you wouldn't have it's too late for that to be honest. And well, your response was just so funny within the first few lines as I said I had to reply to it. I also wouldn't class our "argument" as you originally put it irrelevant either. The only form of irrelevance to this, is if we started to talk about who had the better wheel on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
So really, your intentions on responding to this thread are not all that simple.
Are you saying to verify a post to a thread, it has to be simple? I fail to understand your logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Are you giving the OP a reason why you prefer Xbox 360 compared to PS3, or are you here to unsuccessfully debate with other members on this thread because you have a bias and I don't?
Well, I have given plenty of numerous reasons that any member can pick up on and quote themselves, just because I didn't specifically say.. "HEY OP I LIKE THIS BECAUSE".. Doesn't mean I am not entitled to post here.. And.. Last time I checked, you're the only member replying to me. So at the moment, it's just mmmeeeeee and youuuuu baby... In this unsuccessful world. One love. <3


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Like I said, it's called a bias. I presented an unbiased response to this thread. No, I've probably had an Xbox longer than you've had, I probably have more Microsoft products than you do. However, I'm acknowledging that PS3 is not "OMG THIS PRODUCT SUCKS ASS" so I'm presenting both sides of the spectrum.
Okay, how long have you had the Xbox 360 for then? I'm curious now, I've got goose bumps I'm that curious. Microsoft products maybe, I only destine myself with them for the OS and the console and that's it really.

Being stupid and sarcastic in this post was totally called for. Yumyumyum
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
Brandon's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 2,540
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 22nd 2011, 02:40 AM

Amember, I appreciate your input but we've totally destroyed the OP's thread. I don't want to push it further and since you've gotten to the point where you haven't really provided any new information to this debate, I'm gonna have to stop. But you're more than welcome to PM me and we can continue this debate, but disputes committee is in the process of deciding whether I should be chat banned or not and do not want this to contribute to my list of naughty things. So if you want to have a serious debate about this, I suggest you PM me and stop with the sarcasm because it doesn't work when you're completely wrong.
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
mIssIng:nO's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Other

Posts: 589
Join Date: November 15th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 22nd 2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
Entire fuckin post



You have to be kidding me dude. You are simply the densest person I've ever seen post on this site.


OP, here are some easy arguments between 360 and PS3.

1) Console exclusives.
Xbox 360: Halo series, Beautiful Katamari, Crackdown, Dead or alive, forza
PS3: Killzone, Gran Turismo , Little Big Planet, Metal Gear solid, Socom

Heres more:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._generation%29

2) Online play
Xbox 360: Much better interface and a deeper online experience, around 60$ a year.
PS3: Pretty basic interface, basic online experience, free.

3) Controllers (MAIN)
Xbox 360: Motion sensor (Kinnect) and regular controller
PS3: Move controller (Similiar to a wii controler in some ways), Regular controller

4) Graphics and Hardware
Xbox 360: Problems with red ringing, most games support 1080p/i (I cant remember which one)
Ps3: Yellow light problem, not as common. Not all games support 1080, although most new ones do

5) WHICH YOU PREFER!?!?!

DO your homies play reach on a 360 and you wanna join in? Best not be getting a PS3 then, but your friends gonna be getting Killzone? Best go grab that Ps3 then.

Don't wanna pay for your online gaming? Get a ps3! Want something a bit less basic? Get a 360

All up to you, Do you prefer to support sony or microsoft?

Last edited by mIssIng:nO; February 22nd 2011 at 03:10 AM.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
mIssIng:nO's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Other

Posts: 589
Join Date: November 15th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 22nd 2011, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post

Web browsing is not an essential for a console, all you need is something to play a game with; adding all this fancy shit changes them from a bog standard console to something more improved; as Microsoft call the system, an entertainment system since they're more focused on the entertainment side of the industry rather than adding a service for internet access.

Had to quote on this one.

I got a question for you dude? What kind of cell phone do you have? Because if you answer anything other than a basic phone that makes/receives calls, this entire argument gets thrown out the window.


Why should it just do one thing? IF they want it to just play games, they would do it. But they are ABLE to do more things that different people want it to. You want something thats just for gaming? Good for you, that doesn't make it pointless to have other shit on it.


Here, I'll go a bit more actually.

Quote:
Now, standing at a typical user who may not be tech savvy they'd assume you just said a PS3 is a computer basically. Sure you never mentioned the 360, but you never said anything positive as you did with the PS3 in that single sentence for the 360.
Just because he didn't bring up the 360 in that argument doesn't mean he was saying its not a computer, he just didn't say it. There is nothing more to this point and your grasping at straws.

Quote:
Okay so your reasoning for this because... You claim it may have more/better features to offer than an Xbox 360, or another console for that matter? So what? Why is the main reason for a person to purchase a console? Oh, to play games, yes there may be other features that persuades the person to get a specific console but at the end of the day it will come back to the gaming more than anything else.
I know MULTIPLE people who have bought a 360/ps3 for things other than gaming, my sister bought her 360 specifically so she could get netflix on it in her room. I know someone who bought a ps3 mainly as a blue ray player, and the fact they have a son came into play because they thought it'd be nice for him to have a console.

So no, YOU buy your console for just gaming, not everyone does.


Quote:
Better yet go to a school closer, or move closer. I mean, it's quite logical don't you think? Oh and then you have the whole financial argument that comes into play so either way the bus or the bike will come back into motion. Money, think about it. Not all of us are upright losers.
Shit, I didn't realize driving a car to school cost more money than completely moving houses.
Also, switching schools is not always a possibility, where I used to live there was 1 elementary school and 1 highschool in the city, and it was a 25 min bike ride for me to get there, sometimes I drove or took the bus, which cost some flow yes.

But it'd cost WAY more money for me to completely move my self, once again, invalid argument.

Quote:
Just so you know, I like it to be the one giving it. So I hope you're good at receiving it. Kudos if you understand what I said there, I'm sure you'd love it anyway.
The only thing you give is a head ache.

Quote:
As I said previously an alternative method besides the PS3.
Such as? an Iphone? A blackberry? An ANDROID PHONE?!

Oh man, the ability to have internet access on the phone is completely awesome eh? But I fucking hate when people want to browse the internet from their console.

Nice argument there man.. Its good for a phone or other device besides a PC to access the internet, but if a console does, oooh thats terrible.

Quote:
Biased because I'm pointing out cheaper alternatives for us people who don't have the luxury of being an uptight loser? Yes, I must be biased then.
Cheaper than free? damn didn't know xbox gave you money for using a 360. someone who browses online there PS3 is losing NO money, not one bit. Even if they bought the system entirely for gaming, they don't loose money being able to browse the internet from the PS3, and still have the ability to game out on it.

But you have to pay money for the ability to game online a 360, with limited access to the internet.

So really, who's loosing money? Someone who's paying nothing but the internet bill and acessing the internet from the PS3 if they are already playing. OR someone who pays yearly for online gaming, WHILE paying the internet bill.

Hmm, which is REALLY cheaper?



And before you try to call me out for being a PS3 fanboy, I've had xbox 360 since release, and owned a Ps3 for about a week before selling it cause I couldn't stand the damn thing.

Last edited by mIssIng:nO; February 22nd 2011 at 04:18 AM.
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Amember Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Amember's Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: England, UK

Posts: 145
Join Date: November 3rd 2010

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 22nd 2011, 06:31 PM

My apologies for Brandon and Missing:No, I have no time to spare for long discussions as this at the moment and if you don't mind will put this on hold or I may drop the matter and agree to disagree on the matter as it's not something I need to concentrate on at the moment, and respect to you Brandon for doing the right thing in the end.
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
mIssIng:nO's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Other

Posts: 589
Join Date: November 15th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 22nd 2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amember View Post
My apologies for Brandon and Missing:No, I have no time to spare for long discussions as this at the moment and if you don't mind will put this on hold or I may drop the matter and agree to disagree on the matter as it's not something I need to concentrate on at the moment, and respect to you Brandon for doing the right thing in the end.

I wonder why
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Amember Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Amember's Avatar
 
Name: Matt
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Location: England, UK

Posts: 145
Join Date: November 3rd 2010

Re: Xbox or PS3? - February 22nd 2011, 08:49 PM

My main reason is I can't be arsed, I'm not bother if you cained my arse or not. I'm just not in any mood to continue this as I make my posts too long and it drains my time, when I can spend my draining typing time on my assignments.
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
MagicX Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
MagicX's Avatar
 
Age: 30
Gender: Male

Posts: 14
Join Date: January 8th 2009

Re: Xbox or PS3? - March 2nd 2011, 01:48 AM

Xbox 360 all the way for me.

I feel that it just offers a much more cohesive entertainment experience compared to the PS3.


----------------------------------------------------------------
~Fracturedtime~
------------------------------
Deviantart
Tumblr
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
ps3, xbox

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright ©1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.