TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Iphone help - March 17th 2011, 02:25 AM

So I got my Iphone and I absolutely love it!

However, I have two questions.

1. How do I make my battery to last as long as possible?

2. What are the best/most fun free apps to get?
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Iphone help - March 17th 2011, 02:29 AM

1) Put your iphone on lock as often as you can. Turn the brightness down all the way.
2) I gave you a list of apps earlier

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Iphone help - March 17th 2011, 02:35 AM

- If you don't do it already, the multi-tasking can drain your battery.
So, whenever you're done using that app just delete it from the multi-tasking section.
- If you have your email contacted to it, make the setting that it only updates when you open it. Not all the time.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Iphone help - March 17th 2011, 02:51 AM

Lyndsee- Text me the names again. I forgot.

Amiko- Where is the multi-tasking section?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Iphone help - March 17th 2011, 02:54 AM

When you press the home button (I think it's called the home button... It's the circle button ) twice.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Digilodger Offline
Establishing My Digital Home
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Iphone help - March 17th 2011, 03:13 AM

Making your iPhone battery lasts longer:
Keep your iPhone away from heat sources --- Yes, this includes your body heat (do not keep it in your pocket for long periods of time), sunlight, heaters, etc. Oh, and don't keep it your fridge either; cold isn't good for it.

Turn down brightness --- About 10% or less, if you don't mind it a little dim.

Turn off unnecessary services --- This is different depending on each person so I cannot say which service is unnecessary for you. But if you know that you won't be using a service much (like GPS tracking, automatic wifi scanning, automatic bluetooth search, some background apps, some notification services, etc.), just turn it off.

Don't play games or use apps with 3D often --- Playing games will drain your entire system's resources; it's obvious and everyone knows this. But if you do choose to play games yet still like to keep your battery life long, then don't play games with 3D rendering often.

Turn off vibration function --- This applies more to games than anything else. If you do play games with vibration function, then turn it off. That should save you some juice.

Set autolock to less 2 minutes or less --- We are forgetful, and forget to shut off the screen after using it is needless battery consumption.

Only use 3G when you have to --- 3G helps you load data faster, but your battery life will also become shorter. ONLY turn on your 3G when you browse the web, watch video online, during important long calls, or looking through the app store. Otherwise, switch to EDGE/2G if you just checking email, checking Facebook notification, checking weather forecasts, texting, etc.
Hmm . . . did I miss anything?

On other notes, have you thought of jailbreaking your iPhone? If your iPhone is jailbrokened, we can do more stuffs as far as preserving battery life goes; but I have no idea whether your iPhone is jailbrokened or not.

As for the apps, you never said what you wanted to do--or what you want the apps to do. So I cannot recommend any apps either. The best apps of one category can be totally useless if you have no need for it (e.g. a texting app is useless if you never going to text).

If you want a review of great free apps in every single category, then I would recommend starting a new thread; probably make a note in your first post that it's ok to double post in that thread, too. It's going to be a very loonnngggg post if we have to review every single good apps in every single categories that we could think of.

Plus, once again, you never said whether your iPhone is jailbrokened or not; some apps require jailbreaking to install.

Last edited by Digilodger; March 17th 2011 at 03:21 AM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Iphone help - March 18th 2011, 07:10 PM

Amiko- Thanks. I found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidZN View Post
Making your iPhone battery lasts longer:
Keep your iPhone away from heat sources --- Yes, this includes your body heat (do not keep it in your pocket for long periods of time), sunlight, heaters, etc. Oh, and don't keep it your fridge either; cold isn't good for it.

Is it okay to hold it in my hand instead when I'm out places. I got an Atuobox for it so will that protect it some from heat sources? Lol I would never put my phone in the freezer.

Quote:
Turn down brightness --- About 10% or less, if you don't mind it a little dim.
I don't mind it being dim at all.

Quote:
Turn off unnecessary services --- This is different depending on each person so I cannot say which service is unnecessary for you. But if you know that you won't be using a service much (like GPS tracking, automatic wifi scanning, automatic bluetooth search, some background apps, some notification services, etc.), just turn it off.
I turned off all the unnecessary services which is quite a lot.

Quote:
Don't play games or use apps with 3D often --- Playing games will drain your entire system's resources; it's obvious and everyone knows this. But if you do choose to play games yet still like to keep your battery life long, then don't play games with 3D rendering often.
I don't ever play games with 3D.

Quote:
Turn off vibration function --- This applies more to games than anything else. If you do play games with vibration function, then turn it off. That should save you some juice.
I turned my vibration function off.

Quote:
Set autolock to less 2 minutes or less --- We are forgetful, and forget to shut off the screen after using it is needless battery consumption.
I put mine on 1 minute.

Quote:
Only use 3G when you have to --- 3G helps you load data faster, but your battery life will also become shorter. ONLY turn on your 3G when you browse the web, watch video online, during important long calls, or looking through the app store. Otherwise, switch to EDGE/2G if you just checking email, checking Facebook notification, checking weather forecasts, texting, etc.
Quote:
Hmm . . . did I miss anything?
Okay thanks.

Quote:
On other notes, have you thought of jailbreaking your iPhone? If your iPhone is jailbrokened, we can do more stuffs as far as preserving battery life goes; but I have no idea whether your iPhone is jailbrokened or not.
My Iphone is not jailbroken. I'm probably not going to jailbreak my Iphone.

Quote:
As for the apps, you never said what you wanted to do--or what you want the apps to do. So I cannot recommend any apps either. The best apps of one category can be totally useless if you have no need for it (e.g. a texting app is useless if you never going to text).

If you want a review of great free apps in every single category, then I would recommend starting a new thread; probably make a note in your first post that it's ok to double post in that thread, too. It's going to be a very loonnngggg post if we have to review every single good apps in every single categories that we could think of.

Plus, once again, you never said whether your iPhone is jailbrokened or not; some apps require jailbreaking to install.
I may start a new thread about it. Thanks haha.
Closed Thread