TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology and Gaming This forum is for discussions about your hardware, software, game or anything Web-related.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

SNES games :) - March 17th 2011, 03:36 PM

I bought myself a SNES off ebay a few days ago

isn't it awesome?

Right now I only have two games, FIFA 96 soccer and Olympic Summer Games, they come with my SNES FIFA 96 is quite fun. I also bought Mario All Stars which should come on Monday or Tuesday What other games do you guys think I should buy? Also, where could I buy some cheap 2nd hand-games other than ebay? they're more expensive than I thought :|

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: SNES games :) - March 17th 2011, 03:47 PM

Hey Celildh,

If you like fighting games, I would suggest Street Fighter 2 or Mortal Kombat. Those bring back a lot of nostalgic memories for me.

Super Mario World is a must buy in my mind. That game has a lot of replay value.

Super Mario Kart is fun if you plan to play with someone else.

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: SNES games :) - March 17th 2011, 06:27 PM

Chrono Trigger!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: SNES games :) - March 18th 2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
Chrono Trigger!
^^^^^^^^^^If you like RPGs, that. And Final Fantasy II and III (IV and VI in Japan) are awesome as well. To add a few more:

Zelda: A Link to the Past
Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
Donkey Kong Country series
Super Mario RPG

That's all the comes to mind...I still have my SNES too. I'll cherish that thing till the day I die.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: SNES games :) - March 18th 2011, 10:44 AM

Thanks everyone ^____^

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: SNES games :) - March 18th 2011, 10:55 AM

You should get paperboy. Me and my best friend Eugene would stay up all night and day playing it. It is so fun.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
TheWhiteTornado Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jack

Re: SNES games :) - March 19th 2011, 01:57 AM

Donkey Kong Country (especially the first and second) and Super Mario World for sure. Never really played many games as I got it right before the big bang of consoles, but those will keep you entertained for a good while.

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
-George Eliot

"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."
-Groucho Marx

"Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin."
-Grace Hansen

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Bertie

Re: SNES games :) - March 19th 2011, 02:27 AM

Starfox/Starwing best game EVER.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: SNES games :) - March 19th 2011, 10:35 AM

eeeeeeeee Mario All Stars come today I just looked on youtube for some reviews and I will order Zelda, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger and Super Mario Kart when I get some more money I wish the new Mario Kart games had the coins :/

I wish the SNES was backwards compatible </3

Edit: okay, the start button on my controller is really starting to irritate me. You have to press it really hard for it to respond

Last edited by Make Believe; March 19th 2011 at 10:43 AM.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Pending...Work in progess
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Matt

Re: SNES games :) - April 2nd 2011, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
eeeeeeeee Mario All Stars come today I just looked on youtube for some reviews and I will order Zelda, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger and Super Mario Kart when I get some more money I wish the new Mario Kart games had the coins :/

I wish the SNES was backwards compatible </3

Edit: okay, the start button on my controller is really starting to irritate me. You have to press it really hard for it to respond

There is a video game system that came out some time ago that can let you play NES, SNES and Genesis. That is backwards-compatible in a sense.

Here are some other RPGs you might like;
-Secret of Mana, it is like Zelda but with more of a Final Fantasy element, plus there is a multiplayer function. If you ever happen to get your hands on a 4-player thing, you can play 3 players on the game, as there are only 3 characters you can play. The game was made by SquareSoft

-Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, it's mediocre, but it is still good. However, it's like a dumbed down version of an RPG, it was released at a time when North America wasn't too impressed with RPGs because they were "too hard" so SquareSoft released a very easy to play RPG, this game.

-Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, it's a simple RPG and it is aesthetically pleasant. The story is good, but don't expect it to be as good as Final Fantasy 2(4) or 3(6). The game was made by a sub company of SquareSoft.

But here are RPGs that get overlooked but were REALLY good in terms of gameplay, graphics and storyline.
-Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, the sequel is vastly superior to the original game in every way, however storyline-wise it is a prequel. There are puzzle games added, as well as having a "RETRY" function for when you beat the game the first time, you replay from the beginning, but EXP/Gold are gained 4 times more! Making the gameplay much faster! After beating the game a 2nd time, you can play "GIFT" mode where you are stuck on a certain island in the game and the only thing you can do is play a 100 level dungeon and you get to pick who your party members will be, as the game is like FF2 where your characters change as you progress the game.

-Breath of Fire 1, the first game was made by SquareSoft and had a simple plot of Good vs. Evil and 8 characters that you can play. It's the first RPG game where you could your characters in and out of battle. You have 4 in battle, but once you have a 5th character you can switch them even if the one you're switching with is dead, which is handy when fighting a difficult boss.

-Breath of Fire 2, the second game was made by Capcom, for some reason SquareSoft gave up on the Copyright. Anyway, to my surprise, Capcom made this a great game with enhanced visuals, an updated battle system, a "shaman" system where you find these shaman people(with elemental properties) to merge with your characters and if you can manage to get a certain combination, your characters may end up transforming and most or all of their stats will skyrocket! This game has memorable music track and a storyline that will make you tingle and once you finish the game you really feel like you're "saved the world". The game is also quite aesthetically pleasing.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: SNES games :) - April 2nd 2011, 10:01 AM

My favourite SNES games were always Star Fox and Super Mario World

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: SNES games :) - April 2nd 2011, 04:16 PM

Prioritise Chrono Trigger, it's an awesome game, waay beyond it's time.

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: SNES games :) - April 6th 2011, 02:56 PM

Mario All Stars is great! I have F-Zero, Yoshi's Island, Super Metroid, and Super Mario RPG as well. I would recommend all of those, but look them up for yourself and see if they're something you would be interested in. I haven't heard of your other 2 games, so you may not like everything I suggested.

I usually go to Amazon for my games, and buy them used. I read the descriptions though, and try and get one that seems like it was taken care of. Now obviously this doesn't work quite as nicely for cartridge games as opposed to disk games, but all you have to do is write over game files. I got a perfectly working Star Fox Adventures for 88 cents!

The controller you got is not the "traditional" controller. Try looking for one with purple buttons instead - the buttons on those are a lot easier to press. I have both kinds...I always found the multicolored controllers to be quite stiff.

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

Closed Thread